the luck Wilson debate is over

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Are you crazy??!? Wilson is the only reason we had a chance at a comeback. He played like a stud. Our Oline and special teams, not so much.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If you're insinuating this loss had something to do with Wilson, please stop watching football for the rest of your life.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Troll is obvious.

I wanted to get in on the Wilson is amazing thread.

313 yards passing, 2 TDs
106 rushing, 1 TD

The guy is special and carrying our offense. Wouldn't trade him for anyone.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2z6bk6s5 said:
Luck is better than Wilson, i wish this board could just admit that.

If the stats and facts showed it we might but it does not. let me help you since you do not get it

Luck has a top 10 pass blocking oine
Luck has a top 10 wr corps
Luck plays in the AFC a weaker conference
Luck career Complt% 58%
Luck career Qb rating 84
Luck career td/int rate 1.5/1
Luck career ypa 6.99

Wilson has bottom 8 pass blocking oline
Wilson has wr corps ranked 22nd and tat was with Harvin
Wilson plays in the toughest division and conference in football
Wilson career coplt% 64
Wilson career qb rating 100.5
Wilson td/int rate 3/1
wilson career ypa 7.94

All luck has career over wilson is yards and attempts

Now lets go playoffs

RW 1096 yards, 63% complt%, 6 tds, 1 int, 8.47 YPA, 102 Qb rating, 169 rushing yards 1 td
Luck 1062 yards, 54% complt%, 6 tds, 8 ints, 7.16 ypa, 68 qb rating, 85 rushing yards 0 tds

Thats why enjoy knowing the truth RW better than luck fact

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I see Luck all the time,there is no comparison..They are 2 different Qbs ..One has better Off line..Better Wrs and it isn't Wilson..Last year though you could flip it for the Hawks..You could look at it another 2 ways...Who has a ring?If they switched teams who would do better?I think we Have our answer this way..

Anthony!

Reaction score
Chawks1":38h4e6hp said:
I agree I'd take luck over RW. Luck can do evrything RW can do but RW cant do everything Luck can do.....RW does not see the field or read blitzes as well as Luck. That being said i would take RW over every other QB in the NFL except Luck and Rodgers....no question

great but nothing you said is true so keep believing that. There is nothing Luck has done that Rw cannot do and that is a proven fact

253hawk

Reaction score
I think some people's insatiable lust for ugly neckbearded men on here is blinding their judgment.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Russell ended up 23/36, with 313 yards and 2 TDs passing, plus 106 yards and a TD rushing. #NotJustAGameManager

He set a record as the first NFL QB to ever throw for over 300 and rush for over 100.

Each QB is the guy their team needs. There is NO point to this endless comparison.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
RW has to move to have a clear view of the pocket, even then he overthrows sometimes.

The difference is height. RW is an elite QB he's really good, Luck is just going to be a little better (and way better later in career) because he can't be schemed against as easily as Wilson, you can't just say "ok we're going to force him to stay in the pocket" because it plays to his strengths. RW is at his best when he finds lanes, because of his height.

Again not saying he's not a great franchise QB RW is, but our team would be better with Luck. If they are both the same height it's Wilson no doubt.

Anthony!":1fuj5nnc said:
Chawks1":1fuj5nnc said:
I agree I'd take luck over RW. Luck can do evrything RW can do but RW cant do everything Luck can do.....RW does not see the field or read blitzes as well as Luck. That being said i would take RW over every other QB in the NFL except Luck and Rodgers....no question

great but nothing you said is true so keep believing that. There is nothing Luck has done that Rw cannot do and that is a proven fact

RW cannot stand directly behind the center and throw a pass vertically downward to a RB in front of the center.

randomation

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":hujahjkg said:
Luck is better than Wilson, i wish this board could just admit that.
First NFL player in history to throw for 300 and run for 100 also luck has the number 6 o line in a weak division wilson has the oline that shouldn't be on a freaking practice squad let alone starting in the nfl. Btw in RW's career he has a higher rating and completion % in the pocket then luck does. If wilson had ty reggie and that o line he would be doing as well or even better then luck is currently.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Microfiber":sx2ayjlk said:
Wilson is not in the same class as luck. I've been a die hard Wilson supporter, but he's 16-20 range.

I will remember this post. Just like that rainger guy that said he was done with the hawks 2 years ago only to get a superbowl tat last year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Microfiber":3o76bdyv said:
Wilson is not in the same class as luck. I've been a die hard Wilson supporter, but he's 16-20 range.
Lombardi Trophys won:

Wilson 1
Luck 0

End of discussion.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Microfiber":24ld723l said:
Lombardi Trophys won:

Wilson 1
Luck 0

End of discussion.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
sc85sis":adwmtw5j said:
Each QB is the guy their team needs. There is NO point to this endless comparison.

+1

Both can do whatever is needed of them to do, both have had tons of comeback wins...both are great.

chris98251

Reaction score
How to catch a Seahawk fan, open a post saying Luck is better than Wilson, wait for bite, they will set the hook themselves, watch as they splash in the water doing all the work for you. Come back later to gloat at all of them worn out from arguing with nobody.

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":27vvucxw said:
RW has to move to have a clear view of the pocket, even then he overthrows sometimes.

The difference is height. RW is an elite QB he's really good, Luck is just going to be a little better (and way better later in career) because he can't be schemed against as easily as Wilson, you can't just say "ok we're going to force him to stay in the pocket" because it plays to his strengths. RW is at his best when he finds lanes, because of his height.

Again not saying he's not a great franchise QB RW is, but our team would be better with Luck. If they are both the same height it's Wilson no doubt.

Anthony!":27vvucxw said:
Chawks1":27vvucxw said:

RW cannot stand directly behind the center and throw a pass vertically downward to a RB in front of the center.

Almost no one can do that, tho. Who cares? Luck is listed at 6-4. His center, Jonotthan Harrison is also listed at 6-4. So, if I'm understanding your criteria correctly, Luck also cannot "throw a pass vertically downward to a RB in front of the center," Unless, I suppose the center was on the ground or ducking to a large degree.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":36in9jcf said:
Microfiber":36in9jcf said:
Lombardi Trophys won:

Wilson 1
Luck 0

End of discussion.

So your saying RW would have won the Super Bowl last year if he played for Indy and we wouldn't have won the game with Luck? Having the #1 defense had nothing to do with it????

HawkFan72

Reaction score
With our O-line, Luck would either A) Be on his back the whole game or B) Throw up duck INTs on every play to avoid going on his back every play.