the luck Wilson debate is over

Anthony!

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2e11pm76 said:
RW has to move to have a clear view of the pocket, even then he overthrows sometimes.

The difference is height. RW is an elite QB he's really good, Luck is just going to be a little better (and way better later in career) because he can't be schemed against as easily as Wilson, you can't just say "ok we're going to force him to stay in the pocket" because it plays to his strengths. RW is at his best when he finds lanes, because of his height.

Again not saying he's not a great franchise QB RW is, but our team would be better with Luck. If they are both the same height it's Wilson no doubt.

Anthony!":2e11pm76 said:
Chawks1":2e11pm76 said:
I agree I'd take luck over RW. Luck can do evrything RW can do but RW cant do everything Luck can do.....RW does not see the field or read blitzes as well as Luck. That being said i would take RW over every other QB in the NFL except Luck and Rodgers....no question

great but nothing you said is true so keep believing that. There is nothing Luck has done that Rw cannot do and that is a proven fact

RW cannot stand directly behind the center and throw a pass vertically downward to a RB in front of the center.

Hmm interesting except he has so you would be wrong, you really are clueless here let me help you

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -scramble/

so to make it clear to you

Wilson has a complt% inside the pocket of 66% and accuracy of 72%

Luck has a complt% of 60% inside the pocket and accuracy of 69%

So sorry you are wrong

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":1znccakr said:
TheRealDTM":1znccakr said:
RW has to move to have a clear view of the pocket, even then he overthrows sometimes.

The difference is height. RW is an elite QB he's really good, Luck is just going to be a little better (and way better later in career) because he can't be schemed against as easily as Wilson, you can't just say "ok we're going to force him to stay in the pocket" because it plays to his strengths. RW is at his best when he finds lanes, because of his height.

Again not saying he's not a great franchise QB RW is, but our team would be better with Luck. If they are both the same height it's Wilson no doubt.

Anthony!":1znccakr said:
Chawks1":1znccakr said:
I agree I'd take luck over RW. Luck can do evrything RW can do but RW cant do everything Luck can do.....RW does not see the field or read blitzes as well as Luck. That being said i would take RW over every other QB in the NFL except Luck and Rodgers....no question

great but nothing you said is true so keep believing that. There is nothing Luck has done that Rw cannot do and that is a proven fact

RW cannot stand directly behind the center and throw a pass vertically downward to a RB in front of the center.

Almost no one can do that, tho. Who cares? Luck is listed at 6-4. His center, Jonotthan Harrison is also listed at 6-4. So, if I'm understanding your criteria correctly, Luck also cannot "throw a pass vertically downward to a RB in front of the center," Unless, I suppose the center was on the ground or ducking to a large degree.

Hmm i'm not sure if you understand how football or really the human body works. We have these things called arms, they are often proportional to height so a big guy has longer arms, if you follow.

Now when you are trying to hold your ground against someone you don't stand straight up, so a 6'4 center would then bend his knees to block a D-Tackle. So if you're understanding the math this creates a measurable window between the QBs hand (he raises it above his arm to throw the ball) and the center (or dtackles) heads. This window is 6+ inches larger for Luck than Wilson.

Anthony!":1znccakr said:
Hmm interesting except he has so you would be wrong, you really are clueless here let me help you

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -scramble/

so to make it clear to you

Wilson has a complt% inside the pocket of 66% and accuracy of 72%

Luck has a complt% of 60% inside the pocket and accuracy of 69%

So sorry you are wrong

You can be in the pocket and still have to move for throwing lanes, RW has to more than Luck.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Anthony!":1eapx8yb said:
Chawks1":1eapx8yb said:

RW makes plays that no other qb can.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chawks1":2trh224c said:
Sports Hernia":2trh224c said:
Microfiber":2trh224c said:
Wilson is not in the same class as luck. I've been a die hard Wilson supporter, but he's 16-20 range.
Lombardi Trophys won:

Wilson 1
Luck 0

End of discussion.

So your saying RW would have won the Super Bowl last year if he played for Indy and we wouldn't have won the game with Luck? Having the #1 defense had nothing to do with it????
Andy Luck would be in traction if he played behind our line. Sorry if my post irritated the captain neck beard lovers, but frankly I don't care.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Chawks1":1hlp15l9 said:
Sports Hernia":1hlp15l9 said:
Microfiber":1hlp15l9 said:
Wilson is not in the same class as luck. I've been a die hard Wilson supporter, but he's 16-20 range.
Lombardi Trophys won:

Wilson 1
Luck 0

End of discussion.

So your saying RW would have won the Super Bowl last year if he played for Indy and we wouldn't have won the game with Luck? Having the #1 defense had nothing to do with it????

given Lucks playoffs stats I would say we would not have, He is playing behind a top 10 pass blocking o-line with a top 10 wr corps and in the playoffs against much easier defenses his number are below

Luck 1062 yards, 54% complt%, 6 tds, 8 ints, 7.16 ypa, 68 qb rating, 85 rushing yards 0 tds

That would not get un to the SB with the way the season went last year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Anthony!":1tsnmhjp said:
Chawks1":1tsnmhjp said:
Sports Hernia":1tsnmhjp said:
Microfiber":1tsnmhjp said:
Lombardi Trophys won:

Wilson 1
Luck 0

End of discussion.

given Lucks playoffs stats I would say we would not have, He is playing behind a top 10 pass blocking o-line with a top 10 wr corps and in the playoffs against much easier defenses his number are below

Luck 1062 yards, 54% complt%, 6 tds, 8 ints, 7.16 ypa, 68 qb rating, 85 rushing yards 0 tds

That would not get un to the SB with the way the season went last year.
ouch! That's some ownage right there! :th2thumbs:

Anthony!

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3v3r1maz said:
You can be in the pocket and still have to move for throwing lanes, RW has to more than Luck.

Hm now all you have to do is prove it, which you cannot, I guess since Luck is 6-4 and Aaron Rodgers is only 6-2 that make Luck better than Rodgers to? Answer NO and nothing you have said proves anything. You are using height because you know tis all you have which is pathetic. So sorry your still wrong

davidonmi

Reaction score
Yep. 16-20. Clearly you did not watch any part of this game

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
RW cannot stand directly behind the center and throw a pass vertically downward to a RB in front of the center.[/quote]

Almost no one can do that, tho. Who cares? Luck is listed at 6-4. His center, Jonotthan Harrison is also listed at 6-4. So, if I'm understanding your criteria correctly, Luck also cannot "throw a pass vertically downward to a RB in front of the center," Unless, I suppose the center was on the ground or ducking to a large degree.[/quote]

Hmm i'm not sure if you understand how football or really the human body works. We have these things called arms, they are often proportional to height so a big guy has longer arms, if you follow.

Now when you are trying to hold your ground against someone you don't stand straight up, so a 6'4 center would then bend his knees to block a D-Tackle. So if you're understanding the math this creates a measurable window between the QBs hand (he raises it above his arm to throw the ball) and the center (or dtackles) heads. This window is 6+ inches larger for Luck than Wilson.

Anthony! said:
Dude, chill. Don't try to act all condescending. What you're describing isn't "math" whatsoever. It's not an exact science. Unless you're willing to argue that EVERY center crouches EXACTLY 6 inches and that finding passing lanes isn't a thing that ALL QBs do. (Hey, this Center has his arms raised just MAYBE I'll consider avoiding those raised arms with my pass because it might just benefit my team.

If Andrew Luck can use those very special extra super dooper 6 inches and throw it OVER the Center, because, you know, like you said, math and stuff. Then Russell Wilson can certainly throw 6 inches to the right/left and avoid those arms by a similar fashion.

Again. Silly point.

ObePwnD

Reaction score
Microfiber":kzpigizt said:

I see nothing wrong with Wilson's game, other than your teams play calling. Now, do you have the best defense in the NFL? That's the question. Last year's defense with this years offense, would have easily won that game. Just saying.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":1w5h9e02 said:

Almost no one can do that, tho. Who cares? Luck is listed at 6-4. His center, Jonotthan Harrison is also listed at 6-4. So, if I'm understanding your criteria correctly, Luck also cannot "throw a pass vertically downward to a RB in front of the center," Unless, I suppose the center was on the ground or ducking to a large degree.[/quote]

Anthony!":1w5h9e02 said:
Dude, chill. Don't try to act all condescending. What you're describing isn't "math" whatsoever. It's not an exact science. Unless you're willing to argue that EVERY center crouches EXACTLY 6 inches and that finding passing lanes isn't a thing that ALL QBs do. (Hey, this Center has his arms raised just MAYBE I'll consider avoiding those raised arms with my pass because it might just benefit my team.

If Andrew Luck can use those very special extra super dooper 6 inches and throw it OVER the Center, because, you know, like you said, math and stuff. Then Russell Wilson can certainly throw 6 inches to the right/left and avoid those arms by a similar fashion.

Again. Silly point.

ahh the quotes are all messed up, I never said those supposed 6 inches matter much, if at all. I agree all QBs look for passing lanes. To me the guy is using the only excuse he can and that is height which again as I have proven with facts wrong.

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
"Now when you are trying to hold your ground against someone you don't stand straight up, so a 6'4 center would then bend his knees to block a D-Tackle. So if you're understanding the math this creates a measurable window between the QBs hand (he raises it above his arm to throw the ball) and the center (or dtackles) heads. This window is 6+ inches larger for Luck than Wilson."

What gives you those "facts?" Science? "creates a 'measurable' window..." Measurable how, dude? By what criteria? Did you measure it? Do you have facts? Data? Conclusions that are yours or scientific in any way?

Before you go belittling a fellow fan's understanding of "the human body? or football in general, why don't you take it easy a bit and calm down and learn to think for yourself and present arguments with researched facts combined with original ideas?

Anthony!

Reaction score
ObePwnD":2bkp3x1r said:
Microfiber":2bkp3x1r said:

I see nothing wrong with Wilson's game, other than your teams play calling. Now, do you have the best defense in the NFL? That's the question. Last year's defense with this years offense, would have easily won that game. Just saying.

That's the point there are a select few suppose fans who are really trolls who despite the facts do not get it and never will. I also agree last years defense with this year offense would have won the game.

Steve2222

Reaction score
This is kind of an odd game to make the claim that Luck is better than Wilson.

I guess 300+ yards throwing, 100+ yards rushing, 3 TDs, 0 turnovers isn't good enough

:: shrugs ::

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I don't know, all that talk that Russell has more to work with?
Not sure

I am sure that Luck has better pass protection
better recievers
and in a easier league.

davidonmi

Reaction score
ObePwnD":26p6tzc7 said:
Microfiber":26p6tzc7 said:

With last year's defense this team is 5-1 maybe 6-0

253hawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":29dlbnjd said:
I don't know, all that talk that Russell has more to work with?
Not sure

I am sure that Luck has better pass protection
better recievers
and in a easier league.

And a division that's been utter trash since before Peyton Manning was drafted to the Colts. 8 div. titles for them in the 12 years since the realignment...it's putrid.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Iv been the most harsh on RW, but here is my take. He has so much potential and skills n brain to be an awsome qb, but he is soo suppressed by the coaches/playcalling, his O - line and also himself being too conservative. I think the coaches need to let him have power and let him manage this offense.

Latest posts