the luck Wilson debate is over

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Luck, like Manning and Dalton need to prove themselves when it really counts.

The playoffs bring out the best and worst in QBs.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Microfiber":13axbjxm said:
Wilson is not in the same class as luck. I've been a die hard Wilson supporter, but he's 16-20 range.

Going back to the OP, this mindset reminds me of a preseason game I went to once in the Kingdome. I think it might have been Ericksons first year. They were playing the colts and had a pretty good lead. In came Jim Arellanes who was 3rd on the depth chart. The play calls had him handing off to the running backs to run out the play clock AND FINISH THE GAME. Up until he came in the offense played really well and moved the ball efficiently. Arellanes handed off 3 times and the RB gained less than 10 yards total. A woman sitting in front of me was commenting loud enough to hear that this QB was terrible. Her analysis of his abilities were based on his inability to move the offense.

I still get a chuckle out of this to this day. In my mind it's a perfect example of a casual observer to the game giving all credit or detriment of an offenses ability to move the ball on the QB. Her football IQ was somewhere in the 16-20 range.