the luck Wilson debate is over

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Both QB are Elite-Near Elite in their own ways.

One is like Tom Brady w/ Mobility.

The other is like Peyton Manning w/ Mobility.

One is consistent, plays within the system, and brings an A-B game to the Post-Season.

The other is more clutch than consistent, is the system, and brings a B-C game to the Post-Season.

Both WIN games. And both have it in them to win it all as well. Although Wilson is already proven.

But if you absolutely need to rank one over the other...

Ask yourself, If we all can agree that through all arguments:

Wilson = Luck.

How much better would Wilson be if he was 6'4?

How much worse would Luck be if he was 5'11?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
This argument makes me miss the great hasselbeck vs whitehurst vs Flynn vs tjack debates that used to happen pre-Wilson.

Crizilla

Reaction score
"name one thing Wilson can do that Luck can't"

ok.

Scramble around and turn sacks or negative plays into positive plays. Wilson does it VERY WELL.

I think they're both elite. I don't know which one is "better" because i dont know what that even means. They've both have proven they can win in this league. Do you guys want to see Wilson and Luck have a 1v1 QB throwing competition or something? Who cares. This argument is like some random gym bros arguing who can bench the most. Kobe or Jordan? King Felix or Kershaw? Etc etc. Nobody really cares because theres never going to be an absolute definitive answer. Unless Wilson or Luck careers are cut short due to an injury or something...theyre going to be at the top of the league for awhile. Especially with Manning and Brady set to retire soon.

I don't think 5 inches is really separating the two. People are saying Wilson has to scramble around so much because hes shorter than Luck? Wow. Put Luck with our offensive line and he will be running for his life, too. Arm strength is about the same, accuracy same, leadership skills....id actually say Wilson, deep ball...maybe luck...maybe luck has more zip on his ball, too. None of this matters. These are little kid arguments.

renofox

Reaction score
Chawks1":1b5ezuh6 said:
Luck can do evrything RW can do...

How about making it through the playoffs without multiple interceptions in every game?

Was it 3 ints in one game and 4 in the other last year?

That was with a top 10 o-line.

Can you imagine how many ints Luck would throw playing behind the Seahawks o-line?

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm just glad the debates over. And I'm glad someone had the courage to end it for us.

Good stuff...

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
Wilson is great.

Luck is great.

They're two different types of QB so I don't really get the comparison thing anyway.

I don't know how anyone could be upset with having Wilson.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I feel £¥€×!n stupid having read this thread.

I don't know what is worse...the incognito sympathizer that is still grasping onto the RW is too short argument (so stupid) or the OP that chimes in on games but doesn't watch them (again, stupid).

rideaducati

Reaction score
Wilson has EARNED the praise he receives whereas Luck has been handed undue praise. Just this last game, we AGAIN saw what happens when Russell is given a lot of chances to pass the ball. 64% completion rate, 318 yards, 2td 0 int. 8.8ypa. He also ran for a score. Even with that, here we have a ANOTHER post about Luck being light years better than Russell. Looking at Luck's stats, I see 64% completion rate, 344 yards, 2td 0 int. 8.2ypa...yep, LIGHT YEARS better than Russell..... Dumbass.

Anthony!

Reaction score
HawkWow":1ahl9chx said:
Anthony!":1ahl9chx said:
HawkWow":1ahl9chx said:
My position has not changed on this subject. They're both excellent but one can do one thing that the other can't and that one thing is big thing. And what has most, outside of this forum, favoring Luck.

I'm real happy with our guy. Best we've ever had and only going to get better. If he survives us.

okay I will regret is what is that thing that Luck has and can do that Wilson cannot? This should be good sine there nothing meaning full

Damn, I've not done 'shrooms in years, bro! Try this, go out to the car and turn the wipers on while listening to some Al Dimeola. You'll be glad you did, my man!! ;)

what a wasted post both reading it and replying sorry I did.

pehawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":g3zpja92 said:
what a wasted post both reading it and replying sorry I did.

I'm with ya. I expected some really good things to come out of this thread,.

Geologic

Reaction score
The only thing that annoys me is that Russell sees phantom sacks due to our offensive line sucking.

MQH75yl

Russell is so scared of a sack he spins away from no pressure. He had 2 open targets too.

Plus he seems to not trust his Wide Receivers anymore and refuses to throw into tight coverage

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":4mi17eo8 said:
Wilson is great.

Luck is great.

They're two different types of QB so I don't really get the comparison thing anyway.

I don't know how anyone could be upset with having Wilson.

Me either.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Geologic":2gzebfzn said:
The only thing that annoys me is that Russell sees phantom sacks due to our offensive line sucking.

MQH75yl

Russell is so scared of a sack he spins away from no pressure. He had 2 open targets too.

Plus he seems to not trust his Wide Receivers anymore and refuses to throw into tight coverage

It's unfortunate, but a price to pay when that same instinct has saved many downs.

Anthony!

Reaction score
lobohawk":3nzxxlds said:
Geologic":3nzxxlds said:

MQH75yl

It's unfortunate, but a price to pay when that same instinct has saved many downs.

So that is a great jpg but does not tell you the whole story there at all. I am looking a the game now and at that exact series

#10 does not get open until after Wilson had turned his back to avoid 2 guys coming at him, he moves left and no one there is open. He goes back around to see if anyone is open and then throws the ball before a sack. AS is the case a lot no one is open until after he has had to move, Now you can argue he should not have moved, however given 2 defenders was in less than a yard of him if he had stayed put and tried to throw the ball they might have gotten their hands in. What I find most interesting given how well eh played is why you or anyone is trying to find things he did wrong in your mind. I mean Manning had a great game they won but he missed plays, over threw guys etc. As to the not trusting his Wr and not throwing into tight coverage ahh TD pass to Baldwin and Te really. I just find it interesting you take one play and make a big deal out of it considering he was the only reason we were in the game. seems pathetic to me