The Return of Richard Sherman

uncle fester

Reaction score
I’d love to see an All-22 of him going against Baldwin for the whole game. Purely after all the stories about them pushing each other to become successes on the training field, from college to Sherman’s departure.

If I was in the stadium for the game, I’d applaud him for what he gave on an amazing defense and toward an amazing run of franchise achievements.

And yeah, I’d also want Chris Carson to then run him over. A division game is a division game.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
uncle fester":i6otl9bt said:
I’d love to see an All-22 of him going against Baldwin for the whole game. Purely after all the stories about them pushing each other to become successes on the training field, from college to Sherman’s departure.

If I was in the stadium for the game, I’d applaud him for what he gave on an amazing defense and toward an amazing run of franchise achievements.

And yeah, I’d also want Chris Carson to then run him over. A division game is a division game.

The only chance to give him love will be if he makes a play and I can't imagine any 12 applauding him if he picks Wilson off. Otherwise he will enter the stadium en masse with the rest of the Niners and again no one is applauding the Niners.

I won't boo Sherm. I won't be cheering or applauding him either as long as he is in opponents colors. After his career I will root for whatever endeavour he chooses in life and will shake his hand any time I have the opportunity. But right now he's in enemy colors.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Mad Dog":38jgl7ve said:
The plan was to cut and re-sign for a lower contract value. He signed with 49ers for essentially what we were offering him with some greater incentives (which he won't reach). He could have come back to the team but chose to instead stick it to us for not valuing his fading athleticism and mouth as much he clearly values them.

This is the first time I've ever heard this.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Maybe if he would have kept his yapper shut after he left, people would be a little more chill about the guy. He couldn't leave well enough alone, basically called Pete out and look......he couldn't have been more wrong.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Sherman rang Schneider to see if he was open to matching the 49ers offer, a gesture previously already agreed by the two parties. Schneider declined to match the offer as the Seahawks had a lower value placed on him at the time.

Sherman didn't take exact matching amount elsewhere out of spite.

I get that people want to hate on him, but let's not start making things fit a new narrative.

uncle fester

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":28kwhomk said:
Maybe if he would have kept his yapper shut after he left, people would be a little more chill about the guy. He couldn't leave well enough alone, basically called Pete out and look and couldn't have been more wrong.

Yeah, that hasn't done him any favours.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1v4xxhed said:
Mad Dog":1v4xxhed said:
The plan was to cut and re-sign for a lower contract value. He signed with 49ers for essentially what we were offering him with some greater incentives (which he won't reach). He could have come back to the team but chose to instead stick it to us for not valuing his fading athleticism and mouth as much he clearly values them.

Because it is a load of crap. The Seahawks never had any intention of re-signing Sherman....and NO money wasn't the main issue with him either. :roll:

toffee

Reaction score
Seymour":1arwrd4c said:
Hawkstorian":1arwrd4c said:
Mad Dog":1arwrd4c said:

Because it is a load of crap. The Seahawks never had any intention of re-signing Sherman....and NO money wasn't the main issue with him either. :roll:

If he is still around, Seahawks v 2018 won't perform the way we have, Sherm and his buds basically made the team very difficult to coach, if not down right impossible. When player or players assumed that they are bigger than the team, assumed their role were bigger than sum of all parts; it's time let them go. Their on field contribution often nullified by their locker room destruction.

My beef with Pete was he didn't do the house cleaning a season earlier, we would have gotten a lot more picks,

Better late than never, I am loving the season.

rcaido

Reaction score
I still root for the guy and wish he was still here. Griffin has been bad this year.

Talk all you want about Sherman being a cancer and some other defense guys. last year we should have been a playoff team but we decided to get a damage kicker that lost us couple games. Also Cable and Bevell....Three studs had career/season injury.

Can you imagine we had the same defense last year w this current team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Shermy Sherm was a big part of the greatest era in Hawk's history, so I hope he's cheered and not boo'd.

But I fear the wounds of his last couple years and contentious departure are still too raw and soon for this to happen, and I'm sure he'll say something this week to piss everyone off.

Cause that's what he does, he doubles down on the fake butthurt woe is me everyone's against me martyr act.

NINEster

Reaction score
Seahawker76":3j1jq3ph said:
They need to go right at him early & often just like they would with any average corner.

Sherman might get his first interception of the season. :shock:

Seymour

Reaction score
NINEster":342iefnl said:
Seahawker76":342iefnl said:
They need to go right at him early & often just like they would with any average corner.

Sherman might get his first interception of the season. :shock:

Well that is pretty darn sad. I'm sure he'll yell "you suck" to Wilson if he does pull it off (just like in practice), followed by giving up 2 TD passes to Lockett and Moore.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seymour":zbqz361q said:
Hawkstorian":zbqz361q said:
Mad Dog":zbqz361q said:

From Richard Sherman's article in the Player's Tribune:

"When John Schneider told me that Seattle was going to release me, he asked me to bring any contract offer I got from another team back to him so that the Seahawks could have an opportunity to match it. I told him I would. So when the 49ers and I struck a deal, I immediately stepped out of the room and called John.

I gave the Seahawks an opportunity to match.

They didn’t
."

it's funny that when people put up unsubstantiated bunk, people are all too happy to believe it, but when a player goes on record saying something it's a "load of crap".

And as far as being about the money, Sherman goes on to write:

"They also made me an offer that other teams weren’t willing to match. The fact that it was a three-year deal was also important to me because I didn’t want to sign a one-year deal and find myself looking for a new contract — or a new team — again next year."

Sounds like it was a lot about the money.

Anyways, unless Schneider was lying to Sherm all along, I stand by my comment that the plan was to bring Sherm back if the price was right. It wasn't right, so Seahawks moved on. Sherm got a better offer so he moved on. I'm fine with that as he wasn't going to be the same corner at his age and after an achilles tear. I will forever cherish the peak Sherman years in Seattle.

Reaction score
Sherman probably wanted to stay and shouldn't be boo'd for that, however, his comments during the end of his stay and after he left were very disrespectful and that should be remembered too. He clearly resented Carroll's coaching and, unfortunately, guys like him, Bennett and others felt like their opinion meant more than it actually does. They saw Carroll as being a coach who couldn't turn around a sinking ship but their arrogance stopped them from realising that they were the ones responsible for holes in the ship.

They came to Seattle hungry and ready to prove themselves and in the end, these players got too big for their station. Sherman, Bennett, Lynch...we didn't need those arrogant distractions, we needed humility and hard work, something that once the accolades came in, they were incapable of providing.

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
truehawksfan":h40g58sm said:
Look, I was going to post this question yesterday and decided not too for a specific reason.

This is a divisional game. They’re always tough despite Won-Loss records so no need to give them bulletin board material in what will be a must win game.

In addition, the Niners have several Ex-Hawks players:
-Malcolm Smith will start at MLB
-Cassius Marsh rotates in passing downs
You know these guys will be extra motivated too.

U Mad Bro? Yes, they are pros and they should always play with high effort. Sure, but this is a highly anticipated match up with a chip on everyone’s shoulder so any slight will be used as extra motivation.

Will this be the one reason we win or lose. Duh...no, but just saying why do we need to add fuel to the fire?

Look, bro. It’s a Seahawks fan forum. What the heck are we supposed to talk about? I’m pretty sure Sherman could care less what you or I or any of us have to say.

Bulletin board material? LMAO!! You don’t think what you say here actually has an impact on how he prepares for the week, do you?

:17:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":1sbrgiu2 said:
truehawksfan":1sbrgiu2 said:
Look, I was going to post this question yesterday and decided not too for a specific reason.

This is a divisional game. They’re always tough despite Won-Loss records so no need to give them bulletin board material in what will be a must win game.

In addition, the Niners have several Ex-Hawks players:
-Malcolm Smith will start at MLB
-Cassius Marsh rotates in passing downs
You know these guys will be extra motivated too.

U Mad Bro? Yes, they are pros and they should always play with high effort. Sure, but this is a highly anticipated match up with a chip on everyone’s shoulder so any slight will be used as extra motivation.

Will this be the one reason we win or lose. Duh...no, but just saying why do we need to add fuel to the fire?

Look, bro. It’s a Seahawks fan forum. What the heck are we supposed to talk about? I’m pretty sure Sherman could care less what you or I or any of us have to say.

Bulletin board material? LMAO!! You don’t think what you say here actually has an impact on how he prepares for the week, do you?

:17:

LOL, yeah I love fans who think other team's players have nothing better to do than comb through fan forums for bulletin board material.

Sherman: "I WAS JUST FINE WITH COMING BACK TO SEATTLE........BUT THEN I READ WHAT SOX-N-HAWKS SAID, NOW IT'S ON BITCH! I'M SO PISSED OFF!!"

Now if the players or coaches say something? That's real. But us? that's laughable.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mad Dog":16kuo532 said:
He will get boo’d like most ex players that choose money over team and then speak badly of the organization.
Um Seattle cut him, how is that choosing money over team????

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":27ewldjf said:
Mad Dog":27ewldjf said:
He will get boo’d like most ex players that choose money over team and then speak badly of the organization.

And judging by his performance and injury recovery, they made a solid decision.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1mvj3ipz said:
Mad Dog":1mvj3ipz said:

49ers offered him more money than the Seahawks wanted to so he left. Seahawks were good enough to cut him early and allow him to seek out a decent offer. They let the market dictate his terms. It was too rich for their blood and probably rightly so. Sherm has not made a difference on a terrible SF defense.

I don't blame Sherm for anything he did. I'm not a fan of many things he's said both during and after his Seahawk tenure. I think that's what get's him boo'd rather than the contract issues and how that went down.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Sherman was a product of the system he played in. He has struggled this season. He will be a non factor and I hope Russ throws his way early and often. Sherman will be fired up for sure but as this point it doesn't matter.