The Return of Richard Sherman

toffee

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":lxcr05qg said:
Sports Hernia":lxcr05qg said:
Mad Dog":lxcr05qg said:
He will get boo’d like most ex players that choose money over team and then speak badly of the organization.
Um Seattle cut him, how is that choosing money over team????

And judging by his performance and injury recovery, they made a solid decision.

9ers would be better off trading Sherm for picks, they are not ready for super bowl run anytime soon, they would be better off prepping their next CB than paying an aging star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Personally I think he will receive a warm welcome. Like a child that acts out and says and does stupid things some times, at the end of the day he's still your child. Family. I see him being welcomed home. Let's not forget the warrior he was for us on gamedays and at the end of the day he didn't want to be traded like Earl.

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":xpkz31ko said:
Personally I think he will receive a warm welcome. Like a child that acts out and says and does stupid things some times, at the end of the day he's still your child. Family. I see him being welcomed home. Let's not forget the warrior he was for us on gamedays and at the end of the day he didn't want to be traded like Earl.

Traded like Earl??

I missed the Earl trade somehow. :shock:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":2ed0uafu said:
Sherman was a product of the system he played in. He has struggled this season.

1. If he was a product of the system he played in that wouldn't matter because he's playing in the same system.

2. He hasn't even remotely struggled this season. 10 games in he gave up his first long catch of the season to Mike Evans yesterday, but so far I haven't seen any drop off in his play at all since he last two years in Seattle.

Who knows what happens for the rest of the year, but with the Seahawks in the playoff hunt, Sherman's play and Griffin's struggles, I think cutting him was clearly a mistake. They'd have had to adjust some cap figures to work it out, but it would have been worth it IMO.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":3bj0wxsy said:
Sherman was a product of the system he played in. He has struggled this season. He will be a non factor and I hope Russ throws his way early and often. Sherman will be fired up for sure but as this point it doesn't matter.

Sherman was and still is a product of the system he played in, but you're not giving him much credit.........when healthy he's played very well for the Niners. One of their best players in fact. I know that's not saying much, they're terrible this year, but Sherman's played well.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Yep.

I'd say Sherman, Buckner, and Fred Warner are probably the only three players on the 9ers defense who have played at above a rotational level, and Sherman and Buckner are the only two who have really shined so far.

"Product of the system" is also little cheap, IMO. A product of the system is a receiver for the Saints or Patriots, they can just rotate guys in and out over the years and everyone looks good.

Sherman's a great match of talent to system. It would be like saying that Joe Montana or Adrian Peterson in their primes were just "products of the system" because they both played in systems that accentuated their strengths and minimized their weaknesses.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Seymour":2a5xeyk1 said:
Aros":2a5xeyk1 said:

Traded like Earl??

Give it time. He's not a priority. I'm assuming him TRYING to be traded.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seymour":1rmnvz91 said:
Aros":1rmnvz91 said:

Traded like Earl??

I meant wants to be traded. WANTS to be traded you reprobate! :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3qydzfuo said:
"Product of the system" is also little cheap, IMO. A product of the system is a receiver for the Saints or Patriots, they can just rotate guys in and out over the years and everyone looks good. .

I say product of his system as in he's much better suited to hold down the right side and use his length and football IQ to sniff out routes and put himself in the best position to defend the play.

That was all taught to him by Pete, Bradley, Quinn, etc.

As opposed to just a REALLY gifted athletic CB like Deion Sanders, Darrell Green or Revis in his prime who could follow the #1 receiver around, and transition from team to team, scheme to scheme and not miss a beat.

Sherman needs that scheme structure in place to play well, these other guys did not. They were just insane athletes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What set Sherm apart from most was his jamming guys at the line of scrimmage. He was amazing at knocking guys off at the line.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I could be totally wrong on this but couldn't Sherman block being released because he wasn't yet fully recovered from his injury.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":22kpb1ut said:
What set Sherm apart from most was his jamming guys at the line of scrimmage. He was amazing at knocking guys off at the line.

& his tackling ability that you mentioned earlier in the thread.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I'm not too worried about Sherm next week. He's a shell. Mike Evans totally abused him (again) yesterday. Evans was 3-3 in Sherman's coverage. He beat Sherm bad off the line early in the game and would've had a 60 yard TD if Winston would've thrown a better placed ball. It still went for a 40+ yard gain. Evans is a top wideout though. He's a very underrated route runner. But the bigger, more physical WRs used to be the ones Sherm could stop.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Why is everyone talking up SF like they’re some great challenge? Other than our home game with them last year, when we were struggling mightly too on offense, we have owned SF since Harbaugh left. We’ve blown them out a bunch of times

This SF team is ravished with injury. They probably won’t win another game this year. They’re terrible.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":237ky949 said:
I could be totally wrong on this but couldn't Sherman block being released because he wasn't yet fully recovered from his injury.

.................................and his 14M per year salary on a team that desperately needed cap relief..................................and his mouth....................and his bad attitude.

It was all of it.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2q7oxlah said:
Hockey Guy":2q7oxlah said:

.................................and his 14M per year salary on a team that desperately needed cap relief..................................and his mouth....................and his bad attitude.

It was all of it.

But is my question legit? Could Sherman have blocked any release using the "you can't release any injured player" & been able to possibly drag it out & collect his $14M salary(I'll take your word on that #) on injured reserve? I believe he was still in a walking cast at the time & a lot of people thought there was no way he'd be recovered for the start of training camp if ever.

I think he actually did us a solid by agreeing to the release from my limited knowledge of the rules of releasing or trading injured players but could be wrong, hence, my question.

Barakas

Reaction score
Richard Sherman gave us "The Tip" which helped lead us to our first Super Bowl victory. He may now be wearing enemy colors now but I will always remember him as a Seahawk!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":3hq0bx98 said:
Sgt. Largent":3hq0bx98 said:
Hockey Guy":3hq0bx98 said:

It was all of it.

But is my question legit? Could Sherman have blocked any release using the "you can't release any injured player" & been able to possibly drag it out & collect his $14M salary(I'll take your word on that #) on injured reserve? I believe he was still in a walking cast at the time & a lot of people thought there was no way he'd be recovered for the start of training camp if ever.

I think he actually did us a solid by agreeing to the release from my limited knowledge of the rules of releasing or trading injured players but could be wrong, hence, my question.

Yes, I guess he could have been a jerk and not accept his release. But then I don't think Sherman could move on either and sign with another team if there's a league inquiry into the situation.

Sherman also wanted to move on, so I wouldn't have understood why he'd want to just hang around and rehab in Seattle until he was healthy, THEN being cut and it being too late to go find a long term deal elsewhere.