The Return of Richard Sherman

Steve2222

Reaction score
GeekHawk":248ldoya said:
Steve2222":248ldoya said:
This SF team is ravished with injury.

"Ravished"?!? :shock: :shock: 8) :eek:

Are you saying I’m using the word in a wrong context or that they don’t have a lot of injuries?

justafan

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1zkpc1ux said:
I want to see him get trucked by Carson.

This. God I hope he doesnt have a big game but i have a feeling he is coming to play.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3dlbxvq1 said:
Ionship san francisco 49ers v seattle seahawks

What sort of welcome do you think he will receive? You know he is going to bring everything he has this game. Can’t wait to see Wilson lob one deep to a streaking Moore, Baldwin or Lockett.

:49ersmall: :rumble:

I hope the worm gets scorched. :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I will always love the guy. IMHO, No Sherm in the XLVIII year = No Lombardi Trophy.
I love the fact he called out an epic failure of an OC that cost him and his team another ring the following year.
I love the fact he made some local sportsradio troglodyte cry!
I love the fact he is a master manipulator of people’s emotions!

Example, how many Hawks fans now hate him, and how many Niners fans that used HATE him with the heat of 10,000 suns now love the guy!

Did his mouth take it to far at times, yes!

He is the bad guy rastler that always gets the crowd riled up, and the crowd ALWAYS takes his bait!

With that being said I’d love for him to be torched for 4 TD’s by Seattle on Sunday! :)

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
My nephew isn't a Seahawks fan, but he said he will always love Sherman due to him destroying Skip Bayless on the air that one time. :D

Cyrus12

Reaction score
A lot of Earl lovers here but then all the hate for Sherman...imo what Earl did here was worse. Sherman was a huge part of the success here. To the point where QBs would never throw at him. Ya he got older and started losing his edge. Ya he has a big mouth but I seem to recall all you guys loving that...and now that he is on another team his act is old? His act has never changed. For me I would cheer him as this team doesnt have a super bowl without him. He is a legend here and deserves to be in the ring...more so than Earl.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
knownone":2dvmeykz said:
It always made me laugh when the national media would call Sherm the best-tackling corner in the league. Don't get me wrong, Sherm was definitely a great tackler who wasn't afraid of sticking his nose in there. It's just that in the entirety of his career he was only the best-tackling corner on the Seahawks for one season. Browner, Shead, and Maxwell, all had higher tackling rates than Sherm and let's be real... No one will ever come close to Browner in terms of physicality.

I wish they'd say that Sherm is the best combination of coverage and run stopping at corner. Because that probably is true in the modern era, although Rod Woodson and Mike Haynes probably have him beat all-time.

Sherman didn't hit hard. But he knew where to be and wrapped dudes up consistently. It was fun to watch Brown blow dudes up, but it typically seemed like Sherman was in a better position and got the job done when compared to other guys on the team or in the league. I saw that dude make a lot of tackles corners normally don't, mostly because he was fundamentally sound and committed to it.

I don't think he's the best of all time, but could certainly be considered one of the best, especially when you're looking at complete players.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I hope people cheer for him. Hell, give him a standing ovation. Throw flowers at him.

Because if he gets booed, he'll get pissy and play with a chip on his shoulder. Reverse psychology guys.

Plus he's one of the greatest Seahawks ever, and I miss his play this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Can you imagine Gary Payton without his trash talk and antagonistic demeanor, not the same guy or player, it's part of the mental battle these types of guys use to pump themselves up, their team up and get in the others teams and players heads. The Worm Dennis Rodman did it, Allen Iverson did as well. That's just how some players work.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":1rlkb3rf said:
GeekHawk":1rlkb3rf said:
Steve2222":1rlkb3rf said:

Are you saying I’m using the word in a wrong context or that they don’t have a lot of injuries?

"Ravished" is what happens to a woman by the bare-chested hero in a romance novel. "Ravaged" is what happens when your team is ravaged by injuries... I hope no NFL teams have been ravished by injury, or any other way! :mrgreen:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
It is ok to appreciate/love Sherman for what he did for this team and at the same time be angry at his cheap shots that he took at the organization that drafted and helped develop him into what he became. The two feelings are not mutually exclusive.

Sherman showed a total lack of maturity on the way out....and he was wrong. This team's problems were many, but he was part of the issue, as evidenced by their sudden success now that he and other malcontents are gone.

So I think anyone having mixed feelings about Sherman is well within their rights. He could have cemented his legacy here....but instead chose to burn the bridge on is way out of town due to ego. Its unfortunate.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ttowl0b said:
I will always love the guy. IMHO, No Sherm in the XLVIII year = No Lombardi Trophy.
I love the fact he called out an epic failure of an OC that cost him and his team another ring the following year.

Example, how many Hawks fans now hate him, and how many Niners fans that used HATE him with the heat of 10,000 suns now love the guy!

He is the bad guy rastler that always gets the crowd riled up, and the crowd ALWAYS takes his bait!

With that being said I’d love for him to be torched for 4 TD’s by Seattle on Sunday! :)

This. Couldn’t have said it better.

The big thing with Sherm that a lot of people have never figured out is to take the majority of what he says tongue-in-cheek. People take most of what comes from his mouth with too much seriousness. Sherm is an entertainer and a showman. He loves playing the villain, shocking people and getting under people’s skin. As Crabtree said, he’s a “tv guy.” Sherm’s aspirations are likely to become a tv personality, color analyst or have his own show one day and he’s not going to get there being Silent Cal. He’s the league’s J.R. Ewing-the man you love to hate and he welcomes the role.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":10f1lklp said:
SpokaneHawks":10f1lklp said:
Sherman was a product of the system he played in. He has struggled this season. He will be a non factor and I hope Russ throws his way early and often. Sherman will be fired up for sure but as this point it doesn't matter.

Sherman was and still is a product of the system he played in, but you're not giving him much credit.........when healthy he's played very well for the Niners. One of their best players in fact. I know that's not saying much, they're terrible this year, but Sherman's played well.

Sherman's 2018 stats in 9 games for the Niners are down from the previous years 9 games with the Hawks.

2017: 25 tackles, 10 assisted, 7 passes defensed, 2 Interceptions
2018: 20 tackles, 4 assisted, 4 passes defensed, 0 interceptions

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/ ... rd-sherman

toffee

Reaction score
SeaWolv":1riji1ti said:
Sgt. Largent":1riji1ti said:
SpokaneHawks":1riji1ti said:
Sherman was a product of the system he played in. He has struggled this season. He will be a non factor and I hope Russ throws his way early and often. Sherman will be fired up for sure but as this point it doesn't matter.

Sherman was and still is a product of the system he played in, but you're not giving him much credit.........when healthy he's played very well for the Niners. One of their best players in fact. I know that's not saying much, they're terrible this year, but Sherman's played well.

Sherman's 2018 stats in 9 games for the Niners are down from the previous years 9 games with the Hawks.

2017: 25 tackles, 10 assisted, 7 passes defensed, 2 Interceptions
2018: 20 tackles, 4 assisted, 4 passes defensed, 0 interceptions
Tre Flowers:
2018: 38 tackles, 9 assisted, 4 passes defended, 3 forced fumbles, 0 interceptions
Shaquill Griffin
2018: 35 tackles, 4 assisted, 5 passes defended, 2 interceptions

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/ ... rd-sherman

in perspective, Flowers played quite well, for a rookie that got flown into the fire, he didn't have interceptions but the 3 forced fumbled were critical.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":30os71h3 said:
Steve2222":30os71h3 said:
Why is everyone talking up SF like they’re some great challenge?

1) NFL Team
2) Division Opponent
3) Only lost to the Cardinals by 3 points.
4) Only lost to the Packers (in GB) by 3 points.
5) Only lost to the Chargers (in LA) by 2 points.

The Seahawks should win, but if you go into this thinking it's going to be easy, you're likely going to be super disappointed with the result.

Absolutely agreed! As someone wrote somewhere above - the Washington debacle last season, which we were "supposed" to win easily. You can surely stub your toe very badly on a log of overconfidence.

seahawksny

Reaction score
I say he gets cheered. He was great for us.
I'm glad he is gone though. Seattle as good as they were needed to shed the miami hurricanes schtick. Bennett is gone for some reason.

Steve2222

Reaction score
GeekHawk":17monk9p said:
Steve2222":17monk9p said:
GeekHawk":17monk9p said:
Steve2222":17monk9p said:

"Ravished" is what happens to a woman by the bare-chested hero in a romance novel. "Ravaged" is what happens when your team is ravaged by injuries... I hope no NFL teams have been ravished by injury, or any other way! :mrgreen:

Yep. Definitely messed that one up.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":uqspthpk said:

Sherm is definitely a player you love to have and hate if he’s on another team. I would be the first to admit that I’d probably hate him if he played somewhere else. It’s all temporary though. Once he retires I’ll be back to loving the guy as he’s one of the best all time Hawks. I wouldn’t boo the guy either. I’d cheer him the first time he runs out of the tunnel onto the field then after that he’s just another player of an opposing team.

There’s denying his act wore real thin though. But as some have mentioned, I do believe his vocal displeasure with the offense was a direct root of getting Cable and Bevell out of here. For that I am grateful.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3ljmmtnf said:
Sgt. Largent":3ljmmtnf said:
pittpnthrs":3ljmmtnf said:
rcaido":3ljmmtnf said:
I still root for the guy and wish he was still here. Griffin has been bad this year.

Talk all you want about Sherman being a cancer and some other defense guys. last year we should have been a playoff team but we decided to get a damage kicker that lost us couple games. Also Cable and Bevell....Three studs had career/season injury.

Can you imagine we had the same defense last year w this current team.

This. Griffin has been awful this year. Hate on Sherm all you want, but he played great football for us.

Maybe.

But I don't think it's a coincidence that the team kinda turned the corner of being a more positive locker room and buying back into Pete's plan once Earl got hurt earlier this year.

You honestly think Sherman would have behaved through another year of being here on the last year of his contract with Earl? I sure as hell don't.

You can't have it both ways, Sherman's play and not have his negativity like Earl being a constant issue........just as it was the two previous years.

No doubt the lock room seems to be in a better place. I dont think Sherman would be happy here, but in a perfect world,,,,,I would rather have his play than Griffins.

Probably the best way to put it

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
He will get boo'd without mercy as it should be. Pete would say nothing but praises regarding Sherm, but Sherm disses our HC once shown the door.
A total asshat.
I'll take Griffen, Brown, Sweezy, and Fluker for just a little less than the malcontent was paid. All day long...