This is Baldwin's team

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2d4lmy98 said:
Where did those tackle things come from? Awesome :lol:
On the right of your edit screen, It's about 5 rows down from the top.

May not see it on a phone app. Just type [:]rumble[:] (without the brackets, of course.

;)

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":19in6hbz said:
I know, I just don't remember clicking them. Getting old :lol:
Don't you mean: :les:

"Get off my lawn!"

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We're fortunate to have both of these personalites as they complement each other well and for different reasons.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson leads with his work ethic and his ability to make plays, nobody disrespects him, you wanna see the offense wake up? What if Graham comes back to the huddle and Wilson meets him before the huddle and tells him just catch the fricking ball ! Being called out by your QB on offense will snap the rests attention back to where it is suppose to be. Or Ifedi's penalties, Wilson grabbing him and tell him to watch the damn ball snap or listen to the snap count.

You think Manning either one really would sit and let this stuff continue without going to them on the sideline of in the huddle?

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
True.

And yes, Earl is on another level as well but it seems Baldwin moves easily among both the offense and defense personalities more than the others. He's respected all around.

I think players like RW but many don't respect him quite as much.

A great year for him might improve that but I'll repeat what I've said before - he needs to step up a bit more and be Mr. Franchise because Pete won't be here much longer and Russ will have an opportunity to really mold the Seahawks into his image - if he has the confidence to demand it.

Right now he doesn't.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Since Doug is in charge now maybe he will get Pete and John to finally cough up a thin dime for some offensive line help?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3ai34xgi said:
Since Doug is in charge now maybe he will get Pete and John to finally cough up a thin dime for some offensive line help?
Lol. I hope so.

I agree with a poster on here, Baldwin has even garnered respect as the "guy" on offense from a majority of the defense.

Baldwin has some fire to him and that gives him the edge in terms of respect from views of the defense.

In my opinion, my knock on Wilson is exactly what a poster on here said, Wilson is too much of a "company man." He is very "robot" like per Moffitt and because of this, Wilson isn't going to be perceived in the same light as Baldwin.

Guess what I'm saying is Wilson doesn't have much "swag."

Baldwin is that guy and is not afraid to say it and damn sure is not afraid to show it.

Baldwin is one of the most underrated receivers in the league.

Baldwin's route running is one of the tops in the league.

Trust me, I've seen plenty of receivers in this league that run "trash" no effort routes.

Baldwin is one of the best in the league and Baldwin will most likely go down as the Seahawks second greatest receiver of all-time!

Who doesn't agree with me??!!

I'll wait to hear who Baldwin has not surpassed other than Steve Largent.

Think about it!!!

There is not anyone else!!!

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
brimsalabim":f14zledd said:

No doubt he's let his feelings be known on THAT subject!

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":am099r7n said:
brimsalabim":am099r7n said:
Lol. I hope so.

I agree with a poster on here, Baldwin has even garnered respect as the "guy" on offense from a majority of the defense.

Baldwin has some fire to him and that gives him the edge in terms of respect from views of the defense.

In my opinion, my knock on Wilson is exactly what a poster on here said, Wilson is too much of a "company man." He is very "robot" like per Moffitt and because of this, Wilson isn't going to be perceived in the same light as Baldwin.

Guess what I'm saying is Wilson doesn't have much "swag."

Baldwin is that guy and is not afraid to say it and damn sure is not afraid to show it.

Baldwin is one of the most underrated receivers in the league.

Baldwin's route running is one of the tops in the league.

Trust me, I've seen plenty of receivers in this league that run "trash" no effort routes.

Baldwin is one of the best in the league and Baldwin will most likely go down as the Seahawks second greatest receiver of all-time!

Who doesn't agree with me??!!

I'll wait to hear who Baldwin has not surpassed other than Steve Largent.

Think about it!!!

There is not anyone else!!!

FANTASTIC POST!!!!!! AGREE 100% :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the way RW behaves. I'm glad he doesn't have emotional outbursts. Just because Wilson doesn't have "swag" doesn't mean he isn't a leader on this team. The two are not mutually inclusive.

That said I have seen Russell get passionate. The team can have multiple leaders on the team with different styles of leadership. In fact it should be encouraged.

redhawk253

Reaction score
Lol not even close. I dont know why people continue to downplay russell wilson at every opportunity they get. Dude wears a C.. dude huddles the team up on the sideline. Its been wilsons team since he stepped on the field despite what the naysayers like to think.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

redhawk253

Reaction score
Djack and galloway come to mind.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Seymour

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3pytuak8 said:

Can't do that. You would be protecting Wilson, he would shine again and take over "the team" again and you just went full circle. :sarcasm_off:

Palmegranite

Reaction score
redhawk253":3fk9h7wu said:
Lol not even close. I dont know why people continue to downplay russell wilson at every opportunity they get. Dude wears a C.. dude huddles the team up on the sideline. Its been wilsons team since he stepped on the field despite what the naysayers like to think.

Downplay RW doesn't describe this thread from some of the posts. It appears to be more of a "let me use this opportunity to point out that Baldwin had a good game, while I take swipes at the QB" type thread.

e.g. Yup. Not to flame Russ (really) ....(insert flame here)
As a fan I'll just say that one can complement one player and it doesn't have to be at the expense of another.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2griw6uu said:
RW plays hard but he doesn't have that "it" leadership factor - at least not yet.
BUNK!!..... You need to follow this up with....IN MY OPINION, because that's really all it is.
Doug has matured a lot since his pretending to crap out a football, costing the TEAM unnecessary penalty yards.
This TEAM is FULL of extraordinary LEADERS.
First it was "Lynch is the heart & soul of the Offense", and then when he's no longer playing because of his sports hernia, WILSON & Baldwin & Kearse, & Graham, & Willson, & so on, & so on, ALL go on a tear and suddenly >>>>>WILSON<<<<< starts putting up sensational passing numbers.....You only want to credit one Doug Baldwin for all that TEAM success????????
Time to take a get real pill.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1js13ktr said:
respect Doug.

Don't get me wrong, this is not Baldwin's team. But as far as the "respect" meter goes, if every player on the roster was given a lie detector test as to who they respect more? I betcha Baldwin scores higher than Russell.

Don't get ME wrong, but after the way Wilson played through all the injuries last season, and still came back out and played his ass off, I "betcha" there's a bunch of players that wouldn't need a "lie detector Test" to tell you how tough a warrior that they believe Wilson has proven to be.
Baldwin was all over the O-Lines shit for NOT protecting Wilson better than they were....It's called TEAMWORK.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2c5t5l1e said:
SoulfishHawk":2c5t5l1e said:
How do you know he doesn't have IT? Those players respect him and he clearly is a leader.

I respect lots if people yet they do not come off as a leader. You can see it, Wilson has the IT factor making plays, not so much the leader during games, it would not have taken Baldwin to get on guys to listen to Wilson in N.Y. if that was the case, they would have did it without being prompted to.
Wilson was in the semi-side Coaching mode with Cable & the O-Line, when a pissed off Baldwin INTERUPTED with a shoving of Tom Cable and some yelling his dismay at some inept play.....There's more than one way to skin a cat, or to get your point across.
Wilson is methodical, he's a guy that doesn't lose his composure and start blowing his stack...I don't see that as the detriment that some of Y'all seem to, and has NOTHING to do with whether or not someone is, or isn't a TEAM LEADER.
Wilson IS an integral part of the Seahawks Offensive successes.
He's had to produce while playing behind one of the WORST O-Lines in the League, for SEVERAL years now, and has STILL managed to keep everything from going to hell in a hand basket.
It is WILSON that is the Franchise Quarterback that the Offense has been BUILT AROUND....He is the Spark, the Heart & Soul of the Seahawks Offense, AND, he's the LEADER.
Doug Baldwin is his go to Receiver, and his undisputable right hand man.

kidhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2h4aahe7 said:
Wilson was in the semi-side Coaching mode with Cable & the O-Line, when a pissed off Baldwin INTERUPTED with a shoving of Tom Cable and some yelling his dismay at some inept play.....There's more than one way to skin a cat, or to get your point across.
Wilson is methodical, he's a guy that doesn't lose his composure and start blowing his stack...I don't see that as the detriment that some of Y'all seem to, and has NOTHING to do with whether or not someone is, or isn't a TEAM LEADER.
Wilson IS an integral part of the Seahawks Offensive successes.
He's had to produce while playing behind one of the WORST O-Lines in the League, for SEVERAL years now, and has STILL managed to keep everything from going to hell in a hand basket.
It is WILSON that is the Franchise Quarterback that the Offense has been BUILT AROUND....He is the Spark, the Heart & Soul of the Seahawks Offense, AND, he's the LEADER.
Doug Baldwin is his go to Receiver, and his undisputable right hand man.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but the part I highlighted in green is just not true. Everyone associated with this who has come out and talked about it has said that Doug was keeping Cable from interrupting Wilson, not Baldwin interrupting Wilson.

Latest posts