Thomas duo will be shut down, only two to worry about

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Miile High":152mtgla said:
Wait...so I can't have a healthy debate/argue with opposing fans about opinions? Sheesh.

Fair enough, if that's the rules here....

Yes, because that's exactly what I said.

Miile High

Reaction score
yikes.... :smiley_karate:

Anywho, Peyton has 5 legit threats on offense, so shutting down D. Thomas and Julius Thomas won't be the only challenges for Seattle on defense.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Miile High":3915sdkn said:
Wait...so I can't have a healthy debate/argue with opposing fans about opinions? Sheesh.

Its not a healthy debate when you spout things that are incorrect in an effort to engage others...that's trolling...

"Safe, smart" throws is a perfect example of you trolling. Others tried to point out where that was incorrect

You "lol'd"

Will I

Reaction score
Miile High":21drgshh said:

Hint.. Drop the LOL crap. You're doing it to stir the pot.

You bring up your points and stats. If you look at those and see a game manager, I'm ok with that. It's your opinion that you have a right to.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Here's the thing about Wilson being a game manager. If Peyton had decided to get on the Hawks plane and was our QB this year, he wouldn't have near the numbers he does because.....he'd only be throwing the ball 25-30 times per game, just like Wilson. That is what Carroll wants. That is his ideal offense. This Seahawks team is what Carroll has envisioned over his coaching career. He has built up a team that plays football how he wants to play. That means, not throwing the ball alot.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Tom Brady was also called a "game manager" in his SB win against Kurt Warner & The Greatest Show on Turf. Sure, he didn't have the statistics of Kurt that year, but he had one of the most memorable game winning drives in SB history. He was also aided by a very good defense. There are a lot of parallels between Brady in 2001 and Wilson in 2013. I see a very similar outcome too, with Seattle shocking the world and holding Denver to a very small point total and winning the game.

ceej22

Reaction score
Sherman WILL NOT have full responsibility of D Thomas in this game. Sherman will be responsible for the RIGHT side of the field as he has been all season. I guarantee it.

Miile High

Reaction score
ceej22":2es2e4ew said:
Sherman WILL NOT have full responsibility of D Thomas in this game. Sherman will be responsible for the RIGHT side of the field as he has been all season. I guarantee it.

Didn't know that. I thought Sherm lined up against the #1, regardless of where they are on the field. Interesting.

Broncos

Reaction score
ceej22":oum9dh0v said:

Manning could very well be licking his chops because of this... Our 3 WR set screen passes could come into play with Sherman's positioning.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Miile High":17h2m5mx said:

Anywho, Peyton has 5 legit threats on offense, so shutting down D. Thomas and Julius Thomas won't be the only challenges for Seattle on defense.

So. Pete Carroll is like Master Mold for defensive backs. We have guys on our practice squad that can handle your 5 big recieving threats...

Miile High

Reaction score
CANHawk":1c881roi said:
Miile High":1c881roi said:

So. Pete Carroll is like Master Mold for defensive backs. We have guys on our practice squad that can handle your 5 big recieving threats...

sounds like a good matchup. NFL's best receiving corps vs the NFL's best secondary. All the more reason it should be a really good game. :th2thumbs:

DrDix

Reaction score
This game will come down to intensity. The AFC is a complete joke compared to the NFC in terms of the physicality involved in playing. Denver hasn't even come CLOSE to a defense this physical and intense. Not anywhere near this level. Can't wait.

Broncos

Reaction score
DrDix":3jrviwwg said:
This game will come down to intensity. The AFC is a complete joke compared to the NFC in terms of the physicality involved in playing. Denver hasn't even come CLOSE to a defense this physical and intense. Not anywhere near this level. Can't wait.

Great point. This is what I'm most afraid of for the Broncos to be honest.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Broncos":2yfe5stn said:
ceej22":2yfe5stn said:

Manning could very well be licking his chops because of this... Our 3 WR set screen passes could come into play with Sherman's positioning.

Sherman, Maxwell, Lane and Thurmond, with Thomas and Chancellor..

Sherman isnt the only threat here, he is just the best.

Its a fantastic matchup really. the best against the best. If the Seahawks get any kind of concerted and consistent pressure on Manning he will have to rush throws or the Broncos will have to counter with more runs.

The line may be the deciding factor on that side of the ball.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":300fjzqk said:
Broncos":300fjzqk said:
ceej22":300fjzqk said:

Sherman, Maxwell, Lane and Thurmond, with Thomas and Chancellor..

Sherman isnt the only threat here, he is just the best.

Its a fantastic matchup really. the best against the best. If the Seahawks get any kind of concerted and consistent pressure on Manning he will have to rush throws or the Broncos will have to counter with more runs.

The line may be the deciding factor on that side of the ball.

Not to forget about Bobby Wagner, KJ Wright and Malcolm Smith who have all proven to be really great coverage linebackers. Even Bruce Irvin has been pretty solid in coverage and has a pick to show for it this year. I think our linebacker corbs is being shamefully underrated in relation to Denver and their oh so scary reciever corps.

sutz

Reaction score
I get this whole deja vu feeling of being back in the '80s with Denver and Elway going against the bad old NFC, but this time we're the 9ers, or 'Skins or whoever.

Frankly, other than Peyton now being much more experienced than Elway was then, this has 'deja vu all over again' witten large all over it.

plyka

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1vra9en6 said:
Welker worries me the most but this is going to be similar to Atlanta last year. Denver WILL get some shots in but we're much better on the defensive side this year and Percy Harvin is the x-factor.

The key is going to be Kam Chancellor. No dirty hits are necessary, and Kam rarely if ever has truly illegal hits. But the most important aspect of our defense will be Kam laying out the Denver receivers on those crossing routes. Can you image 2-3 Kam hits on 4 foot 7 Wes Wlker? That balloon of a helmet will not save him from the destruction.

Demarius Thomas is my biggest worry. He is like Julio Jones. I've watched him since he was apart of the wishbone offense at GT, where he would get a few long bombs per game, and always come up with them. He has Sherman on strength. 1 v 1 is going to be tough, because unlike Crabtree, DT has speed as well. Kam is going to have to legally lay him out on his first few forays into the middle. Even if the refs through out ridiculous flags, the Hawks defense needs to make a statement early.

plyka

Reaction score
Papa-pwn":hptdo5cj said:
Renohawk":hptdo5cj said:
Yes, and like many people have pointed out, how many top D have they faced?

How many top offenses has Seattle faced?

Little known fact, Denver's offense has played more games against top 10 defenses than the Seahawks' defense has played against top 10 offenses. The only top 10 offense Seattle has played is New Orleans. They are the 10th ranked scoring offense, who also sucks on the road, averaging less than 20 points per road game.

LOL...are you kidding me? The only "top 10" defenses that Denver has played is the Giants and Houston. THey played Houston late in the season while they were on a 12 game losing streak, and I believe they played the Giants when the Giants were winless. Really good "top 10" defenses you're talking about here, lol...

Miile High":hptdo5cj said:
LOL @ all the quotes generated from the game manager comment.

Look guys, Wilson is a good QB. He's smart, mature, humble, all that good stuff.

Wilson is 44th in pass attempts per game among all QBs. 44th! Wilson only averages 25 pass atempts per game, one of only 3 full time starting QBs who average less than 30 passes a game.

Look guys, I'm not out to attack Wilson...he's a good guy, and the right QB for that team. But a QB who only throws the ball 25 times a game? Not a whole lot is being asked of him. Russell Wilson is not asked to put the team on his back and lead them to victory the way Rodgers, Brady, Romo, Stafford, etc. are. Those guys all throw it a lot more than Wilson because their defenses are suspect so they have to put up a lot of points to win.

Wilson on the other hand, benefits from having the #1 defense in the NFL, so Seattle's offense doesn't have to score a whole lot of points to win. Let the defense do its thing, feed Marshawn Lynch, and Wilson is asked to make smart, safe throws when he needs to. Seahawks are 2nd in the league with 509 rushing attempts, the only team that ran the ball more was Buffalo. Seattle is a run-first team. Wilson is like a more athletic Alex Smith.

Seattle's offense did manage to put up a lot of points this season, but when your defense leads the entire NFL with 39 turnovers, Seahawks got a ton of extra possessions, often times on a short fields...

The bottom line point I'm trying to make is this: Russell Wilson averages 25 pass attempts a game. That's dead last among starting NFL QBs. That's a game manager. Wilson is a really good young QB, but he isn't asked to go out there and sling it on a weekly basis like many other young QBs are...Luck, RG3, Tannehil, etc. All those guys average 35 or more passes per game, 10 more than Wilson. Wilson's job is to hand it off to Marshawn, and make smart throws when necessary.

Peyton Manning is very intelligent. But let's face it, he has the weakest arm in the league. Denver's offense is based on offensive pass interference not being called. Those "pick plays" we keep hearing about with crossing patterns. Their problem, of course, is that the Seahawks defense is the most physical in the league. I don't think Denver will be able to offensive pass interfere into yardage like they do every other game. They will play aggressive defense, and hope that Manning attempts to beat them by throwing his fluttering ducks deep. This will not work against the best secondary ever assembled --Deon Sanders' claim, not mine.

Miile High":hptdo5cj said:
Again, I come in peace...if that's still on the table at this point LOL.

But with a QB that only averages 25 pass attempts per game (last in the NFL among starting QBs), are you saying that a lot is asked of him? Seattle is dead last in pass attempts per game, and second in the league in running plays. As I said earlier, I was just making a point that Wilson isn't asked to put the team on his back and lead them to victory. he's not asked to sling it 40+ times a game like Stafford, Matt Ryan, Brees, etc. Wilson's primary job is to hand it off to Marshawn Lynch, and when asked to throw, make safe, smart passes, and don't turn it over. Bevell doesn't ask Wilson to go out there and take over a game with his arm.

Wilson walked into a stacked team his rookie year. Top 2 defense, top 3 running back. Not too shabby LOL.

I just thanked god that the 49ers are not in the superbowl against this Denver team. I'm sure you understand football, it's not a difficult concept to grasp. So it has to be your emotions talking. If the niners were in the SB against the Broncos, I'd be sounding like you right now. Rooting for Denver, making up nonsensicle arguments, hoping to put off the inevitable --that eventually I'd come to the realization that this Denver team would get absolutely raped by the niners. That this Denver team is simply too soft and has no shot. That the niners would be celebrating their 6 superbowl while I'm hoping for the impossible. Thank goodness that it's the Seahawks that'll win their first instead of the niners that'll win their 6th!

Inspector

Reaction score
Those four receivers will be beat on all day. They simply will be tied up in the first 5 yards and then hounded til the whistle blows.

These delays will force manning to hold the ball too long.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
And when Manning holds the ball too long Avril takes it away. And when Avril swats it away Bennett recovers it. And when Bennett recovers it, he looks to scoop n score. But sometimes he gets tackled short. Then Beast Mode starts operating on a short field. But he finally breaks a long run for a TD. All the while, Mannings rear is sitting on the sideline.