Thomas duo will be shut down, only two to worry about

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Yeah, NO is a huge screen team too and we killed them all game with quickly closing on the RB out of the backfield. Moreno doesn't worry me. Poor mans Pierre Thomas. I'm already over it

MileHighFish

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":y5emmhkq said:
Yeah, NO is a huge screen team too and we killed them all game with quickly closing on the RB out of the backfield. Moreno doesn't worry me. Poor mans Pierre Thomas. I'm already over it

Comparing Denver to NO is a mistake IMO. And Moreno to a poor man's Pierre Thomas is like saying Lynch is a poor man's Jamal Charles sans the receiving threat out of the backfield... I'm over it as well.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Our LBs eat the screen game for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, KJ Wright and Malcom Smith might be the best 2 OLBs in the league and destroying the screen. I'm reminded of the scene in Watchmen when Rorshach is thrown in prison and the old mob boss that he got locked up came to get him...Seattle isn't trapped in New Jersey with Denver, Denver is trapped in New Jersey with Seattle.

chris98251

Reaction score
MileHighFish":1c52qz7m said:
CHawkTailGator":1c52qz7m said:

Comparing Denver to NO is a mistake IMO. And Moreno to a poor man's Pierre Thomas is like saying Lynch is a poor man's Jamal Charles sans the receiving threat out of the backfield... I'm over it as well.

Moreno has a rib injury from what I read, he will be tested and if it's sore he won't be the power runner he has shown to date after a couple hits. We eat big backs up.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Oh man, Sherm, Max, Lane, Thurmond and Kameron, with Earl over the Top. I am geeked out to see how this turns out.

We don't have to deal with some slippery gazelle that can run 4.4 50 yards this game.

MileHighFish

Reaction score
Shock2k":3lxi63ev said:
Oh man, Sherm, Max, Lane, Thurmond and Kameron, with Earl over the Top. I am geeked out to see how this turns out.

We don't have to deal with some slippery gazelle that can run 4.4 50 yards this game.

Moreno will be fine. He has sore ribs and 2 weeks to rehab them and you don't have to worry about a slippery gazelle that can run a 4.4 50 yard dash but you do have to worry about a 6' 3", 230lb wideout that runs a 4.38 forty :D Going to be a fun game for sure!

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
MileHighFish":3e0vu25u said:
Shock2k":3e0vu25u said:

Moreno will be fine. He has sore ribs and 2 weeks to rehab them and you don't have to worry about a slippery gazelle that can run a 4.4 50 yard dash but you do have to worry about a 6' 3", 230lb wideout that runs a 4.38 forty :D Going to be a fun game for sure!

So you're saying we have to worry about a guy with similar measurables as Vernon Davis playing WR...who coincidentally isn't really much bigger than our 2 starting CBs

A 7xO8QCUAAtS7g

MileHighFish

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":39hkgpg5 said:
MileHighFish":39hkgpg5 said:
Shock2k":39hkgpg5 said:

So you're saying we have to worry about a guy with similar measurables as Vernon Davis playing WR...who coincidentally isn't really much bigger than our 2 starting CBs

A 7xO8QCUAAtS7g

Yes. Yes I am. That and the fact that Denver has 2 wideouts and an emerging tightend with similar measurables to Seattle's 2 starting CB's along with a good slot receiver and a running back that has caught over 60 passes out of the backfield for 9+ ypc.

Don't get me wrong, Seattle's defense is stellar yet I find it somewhat fascinating how either fan base (yes, I know some Denver fans do it too and yes, I realize this is a Seahawk forum) can honestly say it's going to be a easy game?... Maybe I am in the minority who think this is going to be a battle....

HeatEquation

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":2sy7iexn said:
This game reminds me a bit of the first Patriots SB victory, where they went in having no chance against the greatest show on turf. As I recall, their DBs gave up the short routes in the middle and then made the receivers pay. By the second half, St. Louis's receiving corps was hearing footsteps. For all the accolades Tom Brady has received since that season, we forget that the Pats had a staunch defense that shut down St. Louis's highly potent offense.

Yes, I miss the days when my team had a stout defense. We had some very good players & leaders on D and Belichick had the personnel to implement an excellent game plan to limit that offense. However, Seattle has even more talent in the secondary than NE did back then.

I'm really looking forward to watching Seattle take Denver's manhood away. I can see the D dominating.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'm forecasting precipitation...

Knowshon-Moreno-Crying-3.jpg

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
All 3 of our Starting LBs are legit 4.4 guys, Bruce Irvin is almost as fast as Earl Thomas...just something to think about, one of our LBs is faster than most WRs...

MileHighFish

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":11kbjumx said:
All 3 of our Starting LBs are legit 4.4 guys, Bruce Irvin is almost as fast as Earl Thomas...just something to think about, one of our LBs is faster than most WRs...

Good post Navyhawkfan! I honestly didn't realize that and that will indeed pose some matchup issues for Denver. This game is going to pit both team's strengths. Should be a good one!

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
MileHighFish":3hjkjcxm said:
Navyhawkfan187":3hjkjcxm said:

Good post Navyhawkfan! I honestly didn't realize that and that will indeed pose some matchup issues for Denver. This game is going to pit both team's strengths. Should be a good one!

yeah Bruce was one of those athletic freaks that took a roundabout and nearly deadly course to the NFL early in his life, google his story, its pretty amazing, this is his first year playing LB though, he played Safety in HS, played as a pure pass rush DE at WVU and in his rookie year was purely a situational rusher, Ken Norton took him under his wing in the offseason and Bruce has said that Norton probably saved his career by turning him into an OLB. He's not 100% there at LB yet but he made a leaping INT at one point this year that I don't know that any other LB in the league could have made, I'm drawing a blank on which game it was though (might have been MNF vs New Orleans)

300ZXNA

Reaction score
May Welker please, PLEASE, try to pick Kam on a rub route. That would be absolute gold to watch...

CANHawk

Reaction score
MileHighFish":808ldld4 said:
Don't get me wrong, Seattle's defense is stellar yet I find it somewhat fascinating how either fan base (yes, I know some Denver fans do it too and yes, I realize this is a Seahawk forum) can honestly say it's going to be a easy game?... Maybe I am in the minority who think this is going to be a battle....

no, i definitely think this one is more than likely going to be uncomfortably close. both teams match up really well. however, i think if one team is going to rise up and totally shut down the competition, it'll be more likely Seattle shutting down Denver than vice versa. this is a very tough, battle tested team and isnt likely to be steam rolled by anyone. I dunno, i just dont think Denver has really had to show they can battle back from adversity and i have a feeling they fold if they get down by a few. they just seem soft to me...

i think the biggest question will be how will Denver's recievers deal with Seattles press coverage. We jam at the line like NOTHING those guys have ever seen.

MileHighFish

Reaction score
CANHawk":2l45so0n said:
MileHighFish":2l45so0n said:

no, i definitely think this one is more than likely going to be uncomfortably close. both teams match up really well. however, i think if one team is going to rise up and totally shut down the competition, it'll be more likely Seattle shutting down Denver than vice versa. this is a very tough, battle tested team and isnt likely to be steam rolled by anyone. I dunno, i just dont think Denver has really had to show they can battle back from adversity and i have a feeling they fold if they get down by a few. they just seem soft to me...

i think the biggest question will be how will Denver's recievers deal with Seattles press coverage. We jam at the line like NOTHING those guys have ever seen.

IMO I don't see Denver going down by a "few". They were down 21-7 in the 3rd to Washington midseason (yes, I know... Washington..) and won the game 45-21. The press coverage of Seattle is my biggest concern. If Seattle can disrupt PM's timing enough, Denver will be forced to adjust. That being said, PM has been around the block and has the ability to use the aggressiveness of the Seattle DB's against them. You know they (Seattle dbs) want nothing more than to jump a route and take it the distance but that same aggressiveness "could" bite them in the end.

Papa-pwn

Reaction score
Renohawk":1i063n7g said:
Yes, and like many people have pointed out, how many top D have they faced?

How many top offenses has Seattle faced?

Little known fact, Denver's offense has played more games against top 10 defenses than the Seahawks' defense has played against top 10 offenses. The only top 10 offense Seattle has played is New Orleans. They are the 10th ranked scoring offense, who also sucks on the road, averaging less than 20 points per road game.

Papa-pwn

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1hqb1ukv said:
Some of you guys crack me up. This is a HISTORICALLY great defense, particularly passing defense. Manning hasn't played a decent D all year, and those receivers won't know what hit them. This is EXACTLY the gae were are built to win, and I don't even think it'll be a challenge against Peyton in a big game in cold outdoor weather with the wind whipping around. We have them right where we want them. There is absolutely ZERO chance we lose this one.

So those of you wondering how we will deal with all of those weapons on Denver's offense need to remember this - we don't have to deal with them...

They have to deal with us.

If you want to pull out the "historical" moniker, don't forget that Denver is the highest scoring team in NFL history. You seem to believe that stopping the best scoring offense to ever play will be easy, and that's just not true.

Like I've already said, Denver has played more games against top 10 Defenses than Seattle has played against top 10 offenses. Seattle has only played the 10th ranked New Orleans scoring attack.

Zero chance to lose? Strange thing to say when Seattle has already lost 3 times this year. They are hardly unbeatable, and their defense will face a huge test trying to deal with Denver's hurry up offense and unlimited offensive depth at every position.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":1fmz7q4b said:
MileHighFish":1fmz7q4b said:
Navyhawkfan187":1fmz7q4b said:

yeah Bruce was one of those athletic freaks that took a roundabout and nearly deadly course to the NFL early in his life, google his story, its pretty amazing, this is his first year playing LB though, he played Safety in HS, played as a pure pass rush DE at WVU and in his rookie year was purely a situational rusher, Ken Norton took him under his wing in the offseason and Bruce has said that Norton probably saved his career by turning him into an OLB. He's not 100% there at LB yet but he made a leaping INT at one point this year that I don't know that any other LB in the league could have made, I'm drawing a blank on which game it was though (might have been MNF vs New Orleans)
MNF at St. Louis

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... be8a792249