Thought Experiment: Could the Seahawks hang 27 on any team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
If Russell continues to audible at the line and make his own play calls absolutely.

;)

2nd play of the game wasn't Bevell's idea.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
lol at this thread. God this board is hilarious after a loss.

kf3339

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":a7af7mlj said:
If Russell continues to audible at the line and make his own play calls absolutely.

;)

^ Then PLEASE RW audible every time your gut tells you to do it. EVERY TIME!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2o5cx4yw said:
MD5eahawks":2o5cx4yw said:
BigMeach":2o5cx4yw said:
It amazes me how much people jump the gun after the first 2 games of the season... Few seasons ago Pats started 0-2 and everyone thought it was over for them. Brady was over the hill and Belichick lost it... Just like 2 games in the this season, Seahawks O hasn't gotten it together and "OOOO they could never put up 27 points against any team if they had a 3rd string QB, only Bill B the god could do that"

Gimme a break.
Easy there. We have to wait til after 4 games cuz 2-2 would be a disaster.

We don't have to wait another week to see 27 points by our offense, though; the overall record at the bye isn't the point of this thread, right? Start a prediction thread if you want to argue about 2-2 vs. 3-1.

I had this thread in mind as we went into half-time. The final score doesn't really show how lop-sided most of the game was, either.
That went way over your head. It is a reference to an old thread from the old PI forum. Guess ya had to be there.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1lj4i1sv said:

;)

Another person who doesn't realize that an audible is a play within a play concocted by the OC and that Pete and Bev are encouraging this kind of proactive action from Russ.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
You do know that when he audibles its to a play that was put in the game plan by.....

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I feel like the answer is yes at this point. Two weeks in a row, in fact.

By the way, the Seahawks have scored two total points less than the Patriots through this week.

It's a long season. Short-term perceptions can be out of whack with the end result, like when the first couple drives of a game go bad and people declare that the game is over and one or more units of the team are "garbage".

I hope they beat the Falcons 3-2 for fun, though.

Laloosh

Reaction score
This thread needs to be stickied as a reminder.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
LOL!!!!! My negative Nancies thread last week got locked down......:)

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
Man, this thread must have inspired Bevell to match or exceed 27 points. Can't complain DB, thanks for reading ;)

byau

Reaction score
Believe me I am one who really would like to get excited. The potential is there. Can't help but also wanting to be cautious (not negative, just cautious)

So it depends on how you ask the question

Could they?

Of course they could, they have the potential, Any Given Sunday, etc. They have a better chance then other teams.

I'd be more inclined to put my over/under line at about 18 or 19 points. Meaning at or around 18 or 19 points, they are doing their job. Under or over that amount, they are under or over performing

While I love what's been going on the last few weeks, let's remember that the 49ers are a team that's pretty broken right now and any success they have I'd say they are overperforming (honeymoon phase?). And the Jets? They are on par to be the statistically worst defense in the NFL (so says a Yahoo Sports report I just listened to).

Proceed with caution

(And if you're curious, I hang the over/under for our defense at 13 or 14 points here. I expect our offense to be able to deliver 18 or 19 points any game, and our defense to be able to hold the opponents to 13 or 14)

Nog

Reaction score
What ? The Jets worst D in the NFL ? I can bring -at least- 5 teams weaker than them.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I dont know how many Defenses (Jets) could put up a good showing when there offense craps out 9 picks in two weeks. There defense is not bad just not given any help from the offense.

byau

Reaction score
Nog":14ykljox said:
What ? The Jets worst D in the NFL ? I can bring -at least- 5 teams weaker than them.

Just repeating something on Yahoo Sports that I heard. He was giving a metric/stat that showed they were on par to be the worst defense. So I got to think that's yards per game, yards per pass, or something along those lines

That said, they seem to have a really good front line. Guessing the rest of them are not holding up

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Nog":3iwip9sh said:

Not in the back seven. I haven't seen a worse-coached group since the 2009 Seahawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
See no point in bringing an old topic back up hat has no relevance.

Status
Not open for further replies.