Time to admit it... we are not very good

rideaducati

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2i5snqxj said:
hawksfansinceday1":2i5snqxj said:
Missing_Clink":2i5snqxj said:
Pretty amazing the different directions the pats and Hawks have gone since the SB. The pats have faced far more adversity than the Hawks and yet they are as good as ever. The Hawks on the other hand have rapidly puttered into mediocrity.
As IndyHawk has said, I think the loss stole part of this team's soul. And I believe the Pats feel like they were given a new lease on life and are more than happy to take advantage of that.

Several of us said the fact that Bevell wasn't forced to resign by Pete could possibly hurt the locker room (team chemistry) and that may well be a huge factor as well.
This type of work-place culture only happens in North Korea. There was absolutely no need for any resignation and there was never anything close to a fracture in the locker room.

I saw tweets and interviews from Seahawks players that were VERY critical of Bevell for calling that pass play in the Super Bowl. We also heard everyone take blame for that call EXCEPT Bevell, who blamed the receivers. To think that there aren't more than a few players that are upset that the players are held accountable while Bevell received a free pass is ignorance at its best.

The team needs to have another "meeting" that includes the coaches this time. Pete really needs to know how the players really feel because there is a reason for the lack of heart on display. Several leaders on the team have made fun of Bevell away from the team and seem to just be going through the motions this year and I believe it has everything to do with Bevell.

Sure, these guys are professionals and get paid to do their job, but like most people, they won't put in the "extra" effort if they don't respect their bosses. With the lack of respect Bevell has had coming from EVERY respected former player and mediot, respect for Bevell in the locker room is sure to have taken a hit too.

These guys are human. Humans have feelings. Feelings aren't right or wrong, they just are. Bad feelings lead to bad things happening and without venting those feelings, there will likely be nothing done to change how these guys feel.

I think it might be too late for Bevell regain the respect he may have had before. Had he manned up earlier and admitted the OBVIOUS mistake he made and apologized for letting the team down, he may have had a chance. Instead, the Seahawks players were blamed by Bevell for not executing his poor play call and have had to listen to every person alive blame Bevell for Bevell's mistake without Bevell ever having shouldered ANY of the blame himself. Pete Carroll took the full blame for Bevell's play call. The players KNOW that Pete didn't make the call and watched the man that should have stood up and taken blame hide behind the head coach and blame the players. The players just want Bevell to be held accountable and Pete won't do it.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Fans here are comical.....Seattle is better than Arizona home and away, if they call a fair game with the referees.....Please tell me what part of Arizona is better than Seattle this year and which team you want to be in the playoffs.....Arizona's OL is no better than Seattle's, yet everyone criticizes our OL, which is clearly not good.....Arizona's line is not Dallas' or anywhere near Cincinnati's or the better teams in the league. Arizona also cannot run the ball either, despite having the ball for 39 minutes and they hung onto win despite 3 drive extending penalties handed to them.

Having a lead means if they don't call penalties, drives actually get stopped and Seattle would be left to hold onto a lead, by attempting to run out the clock. This was the only game where Seattle wasn't robbed by the refs and Seattle's inability to get the ball and get first downs burnt us. They never gave Seattle a chance to contain the lead....Wilson was almost or outside of the tackle box, which wasn't a penalty.....2nd and 10 or 2nd and 23 down 3 and at Arizona's 45 yard line, is drastically different than 2nd and 23 at the Seattle 42.

In either case, Seattle is still the best team in the NFC, but if you want to believe in ARL, CAR, GB, AZ, MIN, NYG or anyone else, knock yourself out.....regarding the Patriot BS, the Giants are an average football team with a defense without a player who starts on Seattle and if not for a dropped duck of a pass Brady throws on 1st down, they lose to the Giants on the road......I'm still waiting for a legitimate team on the PAtriots schedule, whose offensive line is as bad as Seattle's. They have the best coaching staff in any professional sport, but they are not THAT good.

As I've mentioned many a time before, give me a fairly officiated game road or away vs anyone in the NFC right now and I'll take my chances, even with a full of warts offensive line and no speed at WR. We also remember or want to forget that Paul Richardson, 9 months from an ACL, blows by Arizona's starting CB for a 40 yard catch....sure he hurt his hammy on the play, but needless to say, give me Richardson, Jeremy Lane in December and we'll see what happens down the stretch.....Seattle can win home and away against anyone in the NFC.....There isn't a good or dominate team in either league that is clearly better than Seattle folks, sorry to disappoint the gloom and doomers perhaps spoiled like myself with our success.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
It's pretty surprising to me. Even if you were sure that the o-line was gonna suck and the defense was gonna drop off a bit with the loss of Maxwell, still surprising that theyre this bad. I'm not giving up on this team, down year... still have the same great core. This team is still going to be good for a long time overall imo.

2_0_6

Reaction score
This team should be 3-6.

Eye opening to say the least. Look for some wholesale changes this offseason

bighawk

Reaction score
I believe they have lost some of the hunger to be great and exchanged it for selfishness the offense is not controlling time of possession and the defense is paying for it. The defense did a great job of giving them short field last night to score touchdowns but the offense can't run the ball consistently. It maybe time for Rawls to start he just makes plays when he is in there. I still believe but it will be hard unless the offense starts to control time of possession.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2ahcakvg said:
This team should be 3-6.

It will be very interesting to see if Kam or Mike B or some other player tries to hold out next year now...

12thbrah

Reaction score
We are middle of the pack and deservedly so.

Sloppy game last night especially after a bye.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I disagree

I think we are a good team. We are not playing good football this year. I think it is personnel driven.

This team succeeded because of great balance between all phases of the game. that has not happened this year. When the offense is successful, the defense struggles, and vice versa.

In the last three years when Seattle needed a play: an INT, a big sack, a critical run or catch, a great punt, a clutch field goal, it got it. People forget that it was a 4th and conversion and tipped INT that helped us win a super bowl, and the fake punt that got us started against the packers the year after. This team's successes have always come with a thin margin for error. This year, our margins are thinner and the team isnt making the plays it has in the past.

5 losses. each loss with a 4th quarter lead. Each loss with questions about how the defense, special teams and offense could have made just 1-2 more plays to win the game.

That's where we are. It is as frustrating as the last two years have been frantically exciting.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Seahawks are good, but not good enough. They have not been able to put away the good teams, which is a sign that they are not in that elite tier anymore. Every single win has been against a bottom-dweller. They have had a CHANCE to win every single game, but not good enough to get it done. Reminds me more of the 2011 Seahawks than anything.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":dt1sz34a said:
This team should be 3-6.

I think this team should be 9-0. I don't see the wholesale changes coming either. The corp is signed through 2017, so I doubt they'll change any of them out. I see a few free agents not being retained, but a rebuild is unnecessary and is not likely to happen. The offensive line will just be hitting their stride next season so there is NO REASON to make wholesale changes there and start over again. They'll just be in the same situation next year if they do that.

Step back and take a breath... You don't sell your car because it needs an oil change, you get the oil changed.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2dm280h1 said:
This team should be 3-6.

Such as?

FWIW I don't really see that happening.

Maybe they're reactive and invest in the o-line more, but I don't think the Seahawks are going to bottom out (which is really what it takes for wholesale changes to happen).

Bwarren

Reaction score
Legion of Boom? More like Legion of Whom. Williams shouldn't even be in the league, Cam is playing like he has been dissed and not paid, Sherman is playing for his next Jack Links commercial and Earl since the injury is tentative. Its discouraging how good they are and what they are accomplishing this year.

OLine can't run block, pass block or pick up a blitz. Undisciplined and gets beat constantly. That's on Cable. Interesting note from last night. Seattle Oline had a ton of holding calls, should have been more. Cards line had no holding calls against that pass rush? Saw a whole lot but none was called. Avril was around his guy and in the backfield every play, no holding?

Lynch is getting to the line too slow. But its not like they can block anyway. That is why Rawls is doing OK, he is much faster to the line of scrimmage.

Wilson is running what is called and he doesn't look like he likes it either. Not much changing of plays at the line of scrimmage. He also seems to have the I got Paid syndrome. Graham cant seem to get it going. Cant seem to break the coverage on a consistent basis. Cant block to save his life.

It all comes down to coaching. Pete's loyalty to Bevell and Cable is misguided at best. Bevell even had the announcers wondering what the heck he was calling last night. Signs of brilliance and then utter failing head scratchers. Oline is easy to coach and he isn't getting it done. they stand up, they aren't low enough, bad feet and hands, and they are missing a key element. A good Oline is nasty in the trenches. We have cupcakes.

Richards needs help, he just is not ready.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Bwarren":34agvtp2 said:
Legion of Boom? More like Legion of Whom. Williams shouldn't even be in the league, Cam is playing like he has been dissed and not paid, Sherman is playing for his next Jack Links commercial and Earl since the injury is tentative. Its discouraging how good they are and what they are accomplishing this year.

OLine can't run block, pass block or pick up a blitz. Undisciplined and gets beat constantly. That's on Cable. Interesting note from last night. Seattle Oline had a ton of holding calls, should have been more. Cards line had no holding calls against that pass rush? Saw a whole lot but none was called. Avril was around his guy and in the backfield every play, no holding?

Lynch is getting to the line too slow. But its not like they can block anyway. That is why Rawls is doing OK, he is much faster to the line of scrimmage.

Wilson is running what is called and he doesn't look like he likes it either. Not much changing of plays at the line of scrimmage. He also seems to have the I got Paid syndrome. Graham cant seem to get it going. Cant seem to break the coverage on a consistent basis. Cant block to save his life.

It all comes down to coaching. Pete's loyalty to Bevell and Cable is misguided at best. Bevell even had the announcers wondering what the heck he was calling last night. Signs of brilliance and then utter failing head scratchers. Oline is easy to coach and he isn't getting it done. they stand up, they aren't low enough, bad feet and hands, and they are missing a key element. A good Oline is nasty in the trenches. We have cupcakes.

Richards needs help, he just is not ready.

haha..good one!

HawkMeat

Reaction score
HawkFan72":28mrojd3 said:
The Seahawks are good, but not good enough. They have not been able to put away the good teams, which is a sign that they are not in that elite tier anymore. Every single win has been against a bottom-dweller. They have had a CHANCE to win every single game, but not good enough to get it done. Reminds me more of the 2011 Seahawks than anything.
This.
Problem I see moving forward is cap space, aging talent, and division improved (mminus 49ers). In 2011 they were pointing up. Good draft picks a better line, and perhaps a shake up of coaching staff is needed.