Tired of hearing this false narrative Jordyn Brooks is good.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I've been listening to the media too much I guess... they keep praising this guy...

For a first round pick??? You gotta be kidding me he doesn't show up on the TV broadcast that's for sure... I don't have All-22 anymore... maybe he looks better there...

He looks pretty invisible for 90% of plays, his only impact is tackles that really never look special.

I think he had 1 or 2 pass breakups that's about it? That's good... it's a start...

I'm not about to write him off, he's a rookie I understand that... but I don't get this blind love for him when he seems pretty average so far...

Think about it this way... we have 1st round pick Jordyn Brooks + sold the farm for Jamal Adams and we were on pace for the worst defense in NFL history... don't hype him up yet... yikes. I have no doubt he might be good in the future but... he's not special yet stop this random praising please...

This team is struggling the last thing we need is to hype up undeserving players... every single one of these guys should feel like the underdog every week even against the Giants or the Jets... we have no right to be confident until we win another Superbowl (in my opinion).

That includes Russell Wilson and his ridiculous podcast when he didn't even win 2 Super Bowls what is he doing??? Trying to be a little diva celebrity instead of winning?

balakoth

Reaction score
Welp there is your first problem you base your opinion on the media broadcast..

Of course all 22 looks better it shows the actual performance

Due has missed games and plays balls out. Do we need to list the other first-round picks that do literally jack shit for either half or most of their career.. or those who don't peak until 2 or 3 years? Yet still somehow outperforms the other picks?

YOu literally answered this question yourself.. YOu don't watch all 22 and you base your opinions on media broadacst game footage where if you don't see him in a replay he didn't do anything..

Everyone realizes this isn't how football works right?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
He looks mediocre to me. He's missed some easy tackles, and just looks like another guy.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I see some great speed. Looks like our fastest linebacker and has looked pretty good in coverage.

I think 1st rd is too high for LBs but if he turns into even what KJ has been for us it wil be a good pick.

W

Welshers

He had like 11 tackles vs NY the media was praising him

TypeSly

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3fwlikvf said:
I see some great speed. Looks like our fastest linebacker and has looked pretty good in coverage.

I think 1st rd is too high for LBs but if he turns into even what KJ has been for us it wil be a good pick.

"Even" what KJ has been... A 13 year pro, with a Super bowl and a Pro-bowl is a pretty exceptional Linebacker, especially for a 5th round draft pick (IMO).

As for Brooks, man this kid has barely a half season under his belt! Relax, and let him develop. Friggin' Nazi fans on this board.

sutz

Reaction score
It's not fantasy football. Expectations are a bit high, I think. :34853_doh:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
There are 32 first round picks every year. How many of those players become stars?

The main problem I see with some Hawks fans, is you can’t own being wrong. You crapped all over Brooks in favor of Queen. And now you can’t accept that you may be...wrong?

Seattle is the only team in the NFC West that has sustained excellence in 10 years. Other teams have missed the playoffs or changed coaches. Our first round picks have a B+ to A- impact. They’re not superstars and that’s okay. What you hope to get is production and we are getting solid production from almost all of our first round picks from recent years

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Where's Maelstrom787?

Brooks has looked fine to me. He's not awful. He's stepped in and done what's asked of him.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
He’s been alright.

Pretty much spot on with the rest of the defense.

Some plays here some given there.

Nothing special so far but nothing bad either.

nwHawk

Reaction score
For a rookie, he's doing fine. His play is getting faster, and he hella fast. I think guys will look back in a year or two and realize we're lucky to have him. Keep ballin kid.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think people confuse not getting sacks and making highlight reel on ESPN plays = not good.

Brooks has been playing WIL, which is KJ's usual spot. That means LOTS of coverage/edge setting responsibility, of which after week 2 or 3 he's arguably been the best LB in the entire group.

He's recognizing and dissecting routes and plays very well, dropping into the right zones to cut off throwing lanes and covering TE's beautifully.

Add in the fact that he's lightning fast showing tremendous instincts, and IMO he's by FAR our best 1st round pick in a very long time. I know that's not saying much, but it's the truth. He's going to be good for a long time, and probably eventually be Bobby's replacement.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I've mistaken him for Bobby a few times, which is a good thing. You say he hasn't flashed - so you haven't seen him get a sack. We don't blitz our LB's often so that's to be expected. He probably played his best game of his career last week.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Just a guy so far but its only year one with no camp and injuries. Queen had a fantastic interception last night.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Just a guy so far but its only year one with no camp and injuries. Queen had a fantastic interception last night.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I think Brooks has definitely shown flashes and steady improvement. Why does every pick have to be All-Pro from jump to be appreciated. I get the feeling he will be in the starting lineup for the foreseeable future.

Even in a thread about a rookie LB the OP has to throw in his jealousy of Russ.
Don’t be mad buddy, Russ won’t take your lunch or your bike...he might take your girl.

Chapow

Reaction score
Jordyn Brooks PFF rating - 43.9

Patrick Queen PFF rating - 28.4

Yes, I get that PFF rating isn't the end all be all, but when one player is rated a full 15+ points higher than another player, it's a pretty good indicator which player has been better so far.

misfit

Reaction score
I wasnt a fan on draft day, but hes been better than Queen. Great pick

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Jerhawk":xny5ybio said:
Where's Maelstrom787?

Brooks has looked fine to me. He's not awful. He's stepped in and done what's asked of him.

Crap! Sorry, my alarm went off late and I didn't see the bat signal out my window.

Anyway, what a weird time for OP to post this drivel. Coming off a game where he plays 80% of the snaps, secured 11 tackles, and got an over-70 PFF grade? He's a rookie linebacker who is demonstrably improving in run defense, and is showing the coverage chops that people who watched his pre-2019 tape knew he had.

Just goes to prove what I'm saying about draft picks and how people really do not know what can be expected from a late first. Jordyn Brooks is well on his way to becoming a very good linebacker, and at this point, he has a floor of average starter if his progression suddenly stops. That's pretty good!

If everyone had gotten their way and swapped Brooks for peepeepoopoo Patrick Queen, they'd be beside themselves with how he keeps having to be benched for backup linebackers because of how insanely hard he's getting abused in coverage, his supposed strength. In BALTIMORE! Linebacker heaven!