Tired of hearing this false narrative Jordyn Brooks is good.

Chapow

Reaction score
Yeah, but Queen was rated higher on Mel's big board and has had a highlight reel play or two while playing on a much, much better defense, which is objective proof that he's better than Brooks. You know, because the other 99% of his snaps don't matter, just his 2 good plays.

LTH

Reaction score
Tokadub":b4c9lww5 said:
I've been listening to the media too much I guess... they keep praising this guy...

For a first round pick??? You gotta be kidding me he doesn't show up on the TV broadcast that's for sure... I don't have All-22 anymore... maybe he looks better there...

He looks pretty invisible for 90% of plays, his only impact is tackles that really never look special.

I think he had 1 or 2 pass breakups that's about it? That's good... it's a start...

I'm not about to write him off, he's a rookie I understand that... but I don't get this blind love for him when he seems pretty average so far...

Think about it this way... we have 1st round pick Jordyn Brooks + sold the farm for Jamal Adams and we were on pace for the worst defense in NFL history... don't hype him up yet... yikes. I have no doubt he might be good in the future but... he's not special yet stop this random praising please...

This team is struggling the last thing we need is to hype up undeserving players... every single one of these guys should feel like the underdog every week even against the Giants or the Jets... we have no right to be confident until we win another Superbowl (in my opinion).

That includes Russell Wilson and his ridiculous podcast when he didn't even win 2 Super Bowls what is he doing??? Trying to be a little diva celebrity instead of winning?

I want you to look up the stats over the last 3 games and tell me why you think the D is on pace to be the worst in history?

LTH

KinesProf

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3l6l2apn said:
Jerhawk":3l6l2apn said:
Where's Maelstrom787?

Brooks has looked fine to me. He's not awful. He's stepped in and done what's asked of him.

Crap! Sorry, my alarm went off late and I didn't see the bat signal out my window.

Anyway, what a weird time for OP to post this drivel. Coming off a game where he plays 80% of the snaps, secured 11 tackles, and got an over-70 PFF grade? He's a rookie linebacker who is demonstrably improving in run defense, and is showing the coverage chops that people who watched his pre-2019 tape knew he had.

Just goes to prove what I'm saying about draft picks and how people really do not know what can be expected from a late first. Jordyn Brooks is well on his way to becoming a very good linebacker, and at this point, he has a floor of average starter if his progression suddenly stops. That's pretty good!

If everyone had gotten their way and swapped Brooks for peepeepoopoo Patrick Queen, they'd be beside themselves with how he keeps having to be benched for backup linebackers because of how insanely hard he's getting abused in coverage, his supposed strength. In BALTIMORE! Linebacker heaven!

I'm not even sure what Queen's fit in Seattle would be at 230lbs with short arms -perhaps a Malcolm Smith role at best.

Physically, Brooks looks like Bobby. He runs, he thumps, and he's pretty smooth in coverage so far.

For a team that seems to be lacking some juice occasionally, Brooks along with Jamal, DK, and Lewis appear to bring the heart every week.

nanomoz

Reaction score
This is dumb.

I was shocked by the pick, like most on this forum. But the dude is shaping up to be the best (and earliest payout) first-rounder by the Hawks in ages.

Teahawks

Reaction score
First off it's far too early to say good or bad. Very few rookies come in and are amazing right away, and if they are expected to then they are a top 10 pick. I would say he is relatively good given the context.

He's done exactly what is being asked of him and is not a liability. He's got my confidence.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
KinesProf":265l1qmi said:
Maelstrom787":265l1qmi said:
Jerhawk":265l1qmi said:
Where's Maelstrom787?

Brooks has looked fine to me. He's not awful. He's stepped in and done what's asked of him.

Crap! Sorry, my alarm went off late and I didn't see the bat signal out my window.

Anyway, what a weird time for OP to post this drivel. Coming off a game where he plays 80% of the snaps, secured 11 tackles, and got an over-70 PFF grade? He's a rookie linebacker who is demonstrably improving in run defense, and is showing the coverage chops that people who watched his pre-2019 tape knew he had.

Just goes to prove what I'm saying about draft picks and how people really do not know what can be expected from a late first. Jordyn Brooks is well on his way to becoming a very good linebacker, and at this point, he has a floor of average starter if his progression suddenly stops. That's pretty good!

If everyone had gotten their way and swapped Brooks for peepeepoopoo Patrick Queen, they'd be beside themselves with how he keeps having to be benched for backup linebackers because of how insanely hard he's getting abused in coverage, his supposed strength. In BALTIMORE! Linebacker heaven!

I'm not even sure what Queen's fit in Seattle would be at 230lbs with short arms -perhaps a Malcolm Smith role at best.

Physically, Brooks looks like Bobby. He runs, he thumps, and he's pretty smooth in coverage so far.

For a team that seems to be lacking some juice occasionally, Brooks along with Jamal, DK, and Lewis appear to bring the heart every week.

I mean, you basically nailed it. He's an undersized linebacker that likely wouldn't be a 3-down player here, so his ceiling as a Seahawk would've already been limited. But, his strength was supposed to be coverage, and he's just... really, really bad at it as a pro.

I think Brooks was just a case of the media undervaluing a player that they didn't dig deep enough on. His 2019 tape was your standard downhill run stuffer, and draftniks saw him as limited and an old-school player that wouldn't be especially valuable. But, throw on his 2018 stuff, and you see him with a different role, much heavier focus on coverage. He showed great instincts and closing speed in zone.

The actual value was a different story. If he didn't go at 27, he was going at 33 to Cincy. 100%. Even Dave Lapham said so, and he's batting almost 1.000 on Bengals picks. La Canfora said the same.

LTH

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":23ekkpw7 said:
KinesProf":23ekkpw7 said:
Maelstrom787":23ekkpw7 said:
Jerhawk":23ekkpw7 said:
Where's Maelstrom787?

I mean, you basically nailed it. He's an undersized linebacker that likely wouldn't be a 3-down player here, so his ceiling as a Seahawk would've already been limited. But, his strength was supposed to be coverage, and he's just... really, really bad at it as a pro.

I think Brooks was just a case of the media undervaluing a player that they didn't dig deep enough on. His 2019 tape was your standard downhill run stuffer, and draftniks saw him as limited and an old-school player that wouldn't be especially valuable. But, throw on his 2018 stuff, and you see him with a different role, much heavier focus on coverage. He showed great instincts and closing speed in zone.

The actual value was a different story. If he didn't go at 27, he was going at 33 to Cincy. 100%. Even Dave Lapham said so, and he's batting almost 1.000 on Bengals picks. La Canfora said the same.

I think that's a pretty solid assessment...

LTH

PNW

Reaction score
Books has looked great to me, I’m excited to watch him get better and better, We almost took Darrell Taylor with that pick, I’m very glad we decided to take Brooks instead, can you imagine how frustrating that would have been. It looks like Darrell Taylor isn’t even gonna practice or play a single snap this year, what a disaster that pick has been.

sutz

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3oe1dw87 said:
KinesProf":3oe1dw87 said:
Maelstrom787":3oe1dw87 said:
Jerhawk":3oe1dw87 said:
Where's Maelstrom787?

Sounds a bit like how they 'undervalued' DK Metcalf with their 'can only run fly routes' comments. Nice to see how JS&PC can spot guys like that with talent that the talking heads miss on.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Tokadub":3etog8cd said:
I've been listening to the media too much I guess... they keep praising this guy...

For a first round pick??? You gotta be kidding me he doesn't show up on the TV broadcast that's for sure... I don't have All-22 anymore... maybe he looks better there...

He looks pretty invisible for 90% of plays, his only impact is tackles that really never look special.

I think he had 1 or 2 pass breakups that's about it? That's good... it's a start...

I'm not about to write him off, he's a rookie I understand that... but I don't get this blind love for him when he seems pretty average so far...

Think about it this way... we have 1st round pick Jordyn Brooks + sold the farm for Jamal Adams and we were on pace for the worst defense in NFL history... don't hype him up yet... yikes. I have no doubt he might be good in the future but... he's not special yet stop this random praising please...

This team is struggling the last thing we need is to hype up undeserving players... every single one of these guys should feel like the underdog every week even against the Giants or the Jets... we have no right to be confident until we win another Superbowl (in my opinion).

That includes Russell Wilson and his ridiculous podcast when he didn't even win 2 Super Bowls what is he doing??? Trying to be a little diva celebrity instead of winning?

Jordyn who?

What position does he even play?

I will reserve judgement that most new draft picks take a year to show their true colors, but ideally we want to see some potential late this year that he'll be what you hope a first round draft pick becomes (eventual pro bowler).

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
ZagHawk":240wefi1 said:
Tokadub":240wefi1 said:

Jordyn who?

What position does he even play?

I will reserve judgement that most new draft picks take a year to show their true colors, but ideally we want to see some potential late this year that he'll be what you hope a first round draft pick becomes (eventual pro bowler).

A late first round pick has less than a 20% likelihood of being a Pro Bowler. If you don't know Jordyn Brooks, what position he plays, or the potential he's already flashed - that's on you, imo. Roll the tape back and you'll see plenty of flashing from a rookie who is earning more and more snaps as the years goes on in KJ's old role.