Transition to put it on Russ

chawx

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3r1f85ir said:
Aros":3r1f85ir said:
xray":3r1f85ir said:
Wilson is not only NOT ELITE he is not even coachable anymore. Old coaches,new coaches same Wilson same results. Carroll has pampered him to the point of no return. He still does what he damn well wants to. He lost that game. I've been a Seahawks fan since the beginning 1976. Those of you that think Wilson is 'ALL THAT" don't understand the NFL.Wilson is now an easy QB to prepare for a defensive coordinator. BLITZ. He can't be a pocket passer because he is too short. His release is slow, His checkdowns are not there. His scrambling is not what it was. He is an average QB.that is regressing .Personally I would trade him before I would Earl Thomas. BYE BYE playoffs.

Well there's 14 seconds of my life I will never get back. :34853_doh:

There's some truth in that post like it or not.

Yep, there is, and I highlighted it for you.

erik2690

Reaction score
I feel like people must be really zeroing in and elevating a couple of bad sack plays to come away with these dramatic proclamations from that game. W/O that last INT which was meaningless and not representative of anything bad (like a fullcourt heave at the buzzer in basketball) he had a 105 passer rating, 9 ypa, 300 yrds and 3 TDs. I'm not even arguing he played great but the way people are talking like he put up a Peterman game is insane to me. He had a mediocre game and we lost by a FG we missed twice in Denver who is like 17-1 in home openers. Again I think the sacks are really burning bright and making people not actually judge the game as a whole.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
erik2690":77fyzvcv said:
I feel like people must be really zeroing in and elevating a couple of bad sack plays to come away with these dramatic proclamations from that game. W/O that last INT which was meaningless and not representative of anything bad (like a fullcourt heave at the buzzer in basketball) he had a 105 passer rating, 9 ypa, 300 yrds and 3 TDs. I'm not even arguing he played great but the way people are talking like he put up a Peterman game is insane to me. He had a mediocre game and we lost by a FG we missed twice in Denver who is like 17-1 in home openers. Again I think the sacks are really burning bright and making people not actually judge the game as a whole.

And the 3rd downs. And his general lack of scrambling.

He just didn’t look comfortable. Though he also managed some great throws and put up some good numbers.

Some people are very quick to attack him after an off game. That’s when you know you’re good: when even your “bad” games look like that.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone remember Aaron Rogers in the 1st 1/2 of a game we played the Pack a few years back, where he was sacked like 7 times in the 1st half.

Did that make Aaron a bad QB? No, but he had a really bad half of a game.

It happens to good qbs.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I must say, it is quite amazing how quickly this talk happens. Here I was ready for a long season due to all the obvious factors and people are jumping ship on our best player and the only coach to get us a superbowl? What the hell happened?? Oh wait, it's seahawks.net.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Wilson has one bad game and everybody jumps on him. Caroll has been awful for three years and ran us into the ground and no one cares. If you seriously think Wilson is the issue for yesterday’s game you are in left field.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Like that Sports Illustrated article stated last year, perhaps we'd be better off with Matthew Stafford as our Quarterback. After all he steps up into the pocket and doesn't try to evade sacks. Any takers? Just look at his amazing performance tonight :2thumbs: :) . Makes sense why he gets paid more than Wilson

Also fire Pete. Getting a new coach is so easy

Fade

Reaction score
You guys don't know what an elite QB is. Russell is elite. 2nd highest rated passer of all-time, behind trash o-lines with a Defensive Head Coach, that is insistent on having the offense ran his way. It's not Russell's fault Carroll has done a piss poor job of building the team the last 5 years.

Russ will still find a way to go 8-8, 9-7 with this 4-12, 5-11 type roster. Because he is Elite.

The team has no depth.

No pass rush.

A Case Keenum led team piled up 500 yards of offense no sweat.

A superbad rightside of the O-line.

An injured #1 WR.

Getting rid of Russ won't fix those things, it will just make them worse. Carroll will blow the money on guys like Luke Joeckel, Eddie Lacey, Ed Dickson, Cary Williams, etc. Spending 1st round picks on guys like Ifedi, Trading 1st rd picks and a boat load of cash for Percy.

You expect Russ to make up for all of that, and take the team back to the Superbowl. The QBs you hold in the highest of esteem. Rodgers & Brees can't do it. Yet they are still considered elite. Russ is too, you have just been spoiled by his ability to bail out this dreck for years, and have lost perspective on how bad the roster has gotten.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Just watching the Lions and Jets game where Stafford has thrown 5 picks so far. Matt Stafford signed a five year, $135 million contract extension with the Detroit Lions on August 29, 2017. It sucks that QBs, even average ones get paid so much. Hell, even below average ones. Everyone wants a Brady or a Rogers, but there are just not many of them out there. That is why they get paid so much. Russel is inconsistent. Most, arguable every, QB is. Of course some more than others.

Football isn't easy. If you expect perfection, you're going to be disappointed.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RCATES":26b78icz said:
Every since the Epic fail in SB49 we have seen this teams transition to building the Offense around Russ. It hasn’t worked. Why? Because Russ isn’t Elite. Doug said it last week that the Games are now on the Offense. More money is now on that side of the ball. Russ making the same mistakes year after year. Not seeing wide open receivers, missing reads, turning his back to the defense and running into sacks, not simply climbing the pocket. It’s time to stop blaming everyone else for his shortcomings. Sadly Seahawks will likely bury this franchise by giving Russ 22+ million in a extension. The Pete experiment is over. As is this teams hope of winning another SB anytime soon.
Not going to attack the poster, but this is one stupid post right here ^
22+ million would be a bargain for an elite Quarterback of Russell Wilson's caliber.
Last Season, Wilson was the MAJORITY of the Seahawks Offense.
We lost an away game by three measly points....THERE WAS NO GOTDAMNED POCKET that didn't have Von miller & Co. in it!!.
EVEN with Super-Fly-Mo Miller harassing Wilson, he still threw for 300+ yards AND, Where the hell was the push by the O-Line to help the Running Game?????? Russell Wilson sure as hell could have used the HELP. SMH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Can't ever be surprised with the Cates says. He clearly thinks Russ is Satan and the worst QB the Hawks have ever had.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ridiculous.

Russell Wilson threw 19 Touchdowns in the 4th Quarter last year while our defense was floundering.

That's an NFL RECORD! No QB in the history of the NFL has ever done that before!

Russell Wilson was responsible for over 90% of this team's offense last year. No other QB is capable of doing that.

And he did that with a Jimmy Graham how was invisible between the 20s, Tyler Lockett who was recovering from a broken leg, and who else? What running back? What offensive line?

I don't understand how people can turn on our QB so viciously when we lost 27 - 24 with a missed field goal and a bogus Denver touchdown.

Record setting QB that took us to our first Superbowl, then followed it up with a 2nd trip to the Superbowl, and people want to trash him.

Go look at what other QBs did yesterday. Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Detroit, etc, etc, etc.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
ivotuk":37j60tdb said:
Ridiculous.

Russell Wilson threw 19 Touchdowns in the 4th Quarter last year while our defense was floundering.

That's an NFL RECORD! No QB in the history of the NFL has ever done that before!

Russell Wilson was responsible for over 90% of this team's offense last year. No other QB is capable of doing that.

And he did that with a Jimmy Graham how was invisible between the 20s, Tyler Lockett who was recovering from a broken leg, and who else? What running back? What offensive line?

I don't understand how people can turn on our QB so viciously when we lost 27 - 24 with a missed field goal and a bogus Denver touchdown.

Record setting QB that took us to our first Superbowl, then followed it up with a 2nd trip to the Superbowl, and people want to trash him.

Go look at what other QBs did yesterday. Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Detroit, etc, etc, etc.

Slow clap.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on:
All of this we are doomed talk, after one lousy game, played at high elevation & 90 degree heat against a top 5 D-line and a team with a fantastic opening game record. If that game was to be a win, the OL needed to do their job and actually block most of those pass rushers instead of getting over powered by the opposing DL (that significantly outplayed them) that pushed the OL back on most of the snaps, including the running plays. The OL needs to be MUCH better than that, because they were the weak link in this game. RW can only be as good as his supporting cast will allow him to be and even then he pulls the rabbit out of his ass frequently, even when the OL always seems to under perform.

Why are we worried today about RW's coming contract, there is a lot of football ahead, this season. After this season, then we'll see what is what, but we all know their are a lot of QB pretenders out there and RW is certainly tried and true even if not considered "elite" by some, he'll get paid by somebody (hopefully with the Seahawks) next year. With RW at QB, there are many more +'s and only a few -'s, but good coaches can accentuate the positives and minimize the negatives through scheme and proper coaching of their players.

Those ragging on PC, may need to review his NFL win-loss record and all of the successes he's had rather than those few perceived negatives. Does anyone really want to see the obnoxious whiner Harbaugh as coach? Ugh! PC isn't perfect but what available coach could do any better with the same resources? There is a reason that new head coaches get a little more preseason practices 'cause everything is often brand new to the team. The NFL isn't easy for any team/coach.
:sarcasm_off:

:smilingalien:

justafan

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":1wrn3bjr said:
:sarcasm_on:
All of this we are doomed talk, after one lousy game, played at high elevation & 90 degree heat against a top 5 D-line and a team with a fantastic opening game record. If that game was to be a win, the OL needed to do their job and actually block most of those pass rushers instead of getting over powered by the opposing DL (that significantly outplayed them) that pushed the OL back on most of the snaps, including the running plays. The OL needs to be MUCH better than that, because they were the weak link in this game. RW can only be as good as his supporting cast will allow him to be and even then he pulls the rabbit out of his ass frequently, even when the OL always seems to under perform.

Why are we worried today about RW's coming contract, there is a lot of football ahead, this season. After this season, then we'll see what is what, but we all know their are a lot of QB pretenders out there and RW is certainly tried and true even if not considered "elite" by some, he'll get paid by somebody (hopefully with the Seahawks) next year. With RW at QB, there are many more +'s and only a few -'s, but good coaches can accentuate the positives and minimize the negatives through scheme and proper coaching of their players.

Those ragging on PC, may need to review his NFL win-loss record and all of the successes he's had rather than those few perceived negatives. Does anyone really want to see the obnoxious whiner Harbaugh as coach? Ugh! PC isn't perfect but what available coach could do any better with the same resources? There is a reason that new head coaches get a little more preseason practices 'cause everything is often brand new to the team. The NFL isn't easy for any team/coach.
:sarcasm_off:

:smilingalien:

Nice.Couldnt agree more

JGreen79

Reaction score
If they do Tag him in 2020 the minimum amount would be $30.34m. A 2nd tag would be at least $36.41m, and a 3rd would be $52.43. Unless the team plans on using him as a bridge to a new drafted qb, I would much rather sign him to a longer term deal.

It's just not a position where you move on from a player of Russ's abilities, they will pay him what ever he wants because that is the nature of the NFL. On that note, maybe Russ is spreading himself out the way he has in the realm of endorsements and investments in order to be able to work his contract like Tom Brady has done over the years.

xray

Reaction score
The more I read and try to figure out WTF is the biggest problem besides the "Jeckle and Hyde ' play of Wilson . I really think that Pete Carroll is the common denominator for all that sucks on this team. :irishdrinkers:

Schadie001

Reaction score
The notion that Russ isn't elite isn't based on anything other than opinion. His stats, the fact that he carried our entire offense last year accounting for 97% of our TD's would factually say absolutely the opposite. It is always easy look at every camera angle after the fact that say Russ missed this or that. He has not had protection since he arrived in Seattle and has probably in the past 3 years (not counting this year yet) played behind a bottom 5 Oline. You can't say that with the "elite" QB's in the league. Russ has brought this team back multiple times in the fourth qrt with amazing play only to have our "elite" Defense blow a lead. Game one on the road in Denver hasn't turned out well in for 18 of the past 19 teams. We miss back to back FG's, give up a 4th qrt lead (again) and get a TD called back and another one given, also a fumble recovery and people are in fing crazy mode. I don't get it.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Ugh. Another 'he carried the offense' trail. The idea he 'carried the offense' needs to die.

Wilson is a very very good QB. He is tremendous at some things and still struggling with others that you would hope after 7 years he would be better at. He is an incredible weapon and our best player.

But he sucked at carrying the offense. He isn't Rodgers though and we shouldn't expect him to.

For 3 quarters last year, in almost every game, we did nothing. He was 90% of the offense. But 90% of crap is still crap.

We literally scored no more than 7 pts at the half, on average. That is trash as an offense, especially in an NFL with all the rules ramped to encourage more scoring.

Please stop giving him credit for doing a terrible job by himself. He was without comparison in the 4th quarter. Literally the best at scoring TDs in the 4th of any QB and led the best at scoring TDs in the 4th offense. But as a guy 'carrying the offense' he sucked at it.

He didn't have a line.
He didn't have a RB.
He had an OC that was calling plays like he had bets in Vegas on the other team.

But he led a sputtering, terrible offense that was only able to comeback in the 4th because the defense kept the game close. In games the defense did not, we were blown out. That is not carrying anything, it is struggling through until you can start producing in the 4th.

He isn't elite. The hallmark of an elite QB is the ability to consistently and dependably carry a team as the primary weapon. Often without the other pieces helping you. Brees and Rodgers often have a mediocre defense. They still field playoff teams and win games.

But he doesn't need to be elite to be very good and he is. Acknowledging his strengths and weaknesses so you can plan around them is reasonable. Expecting him to be elite in every game is going to end in disappointments and losses.