Transplants from Seahawkblue

OP
OP
Team Patera

Team Patera

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2erxg6se said:
Team Patera":2erxg6se said:
Transplant from Seahawkblue here. The site closed down unexpectedly yesterday. While I am disappointed I am very happy to have found this site. I look forward to many fun convos about my beloved Seahawks.
I was Number 24 on Seahawkblue.
So excited to start posting here. Go Hawks! :D
Hi Number 24 (Dana)! And Yo Dog!

:2:

Welcome to .Net

I'm MizzouHawkGirl from SHB. Have fun and don't let the boys bother you overmuch because they mean well and are usually harmless.:)

Johanna
Thanks!!!!

OP
OP
Team Patera

Team Patera

Reaction score
RastaHawk12!":2sjgs4si said:
keatonisballin":2sjgs4si said:
Welcome guys! This site kicks ass, I love it here and I'm sure you will too. The season is close, Go Hawks!!!

Seems like a good place. Looking forward to getting involved. We'd been with the Blue for years and made lots of great friends. Then yesterday the admin posted a note that he was (*upset*) about something and was permanently shutting it down. Dana and I texted all day and agreed we'd go somewhere together. We looked around and this one is very active, so here we are!

Looking forward to a GREAT season complete with a 12th man invasion of Santa Clara!!!? :D
By the way....Craig and I are so Cal Hawks fans. Both live in Oceanside, CA.
Go Hawks!!!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Team Patera":2i14bos6 said:
RastaHawk12!":2i14bos6 said:
keatonisballin":2i14bos6 said:
Welcome guys! This site kicks ass, I love it here and I'm sure you will too. The season is close, Go Hawks!!!

Seems like a good place. Looking forward to getting involved. We'd been with the Blue for years and made lots of great friends. Then yesterday the admin posted a note that he was (*upset*) about something and was permanently shutting it down. Dana and I texted all day and agreed we'd go somewhere together. We looked around and this one is very active, so here we are!

Looking forward to a GREAT season complete with a 12th man invasion of Santa Clara!!!? :D
By the way....Craig and I are so Cal Hawks fans. Both live in Oceanside, CA.
Go Hawks!!!
You guys should get in touch with Red Alice, she's my favorite Rams fan and lives in San Diego for some reason. But she loves football and anyone else who is just a general fan of the game and loves to talk football.

London12

Reaction score
Ah that was the first Hawks forum I ever found with a good UK section.

Glad that this means more users on .net now anyway.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
London12":3dtlsifa said:
Ah that was the first Hawks forum I ever found with a good UK section.

Glad that this means more users on .net now anyway.

It always seemed a bit weird to me on there, not outrageously friendly, cliquey if you will. I'm not remotely surprised it got closed down because someone got (*upset*), it seemed that kind of place.

Much prefer this site.

Actually I have to say UK Seahawk fans seem a bit weird, everytime I see someone in the kit I nod or say hello and usually get blanked in return. Maybe it's just me? :D

AVL

Reaction score
I doubt it stays shut down, someone will buy TC out. I hope Danger doesn't get screwed with the unpaid rooms.

I do like how that place handled trolls, screw free speech.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
nice to see some friends from the Blue come on over here, especially my good friend Dana. Who happens to be related to the first ever Hawks coach :th2thumbs:

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":aq3g1p5s said:
.net > shb

It's not a competition. Never was. Just groups of Seahawks fans all loyal to the same team.

I try to sign up at as many forums as possible as they crop up just to reserve my c_hawkbob moniker (I'm not complex enough to have different identities on different sites) but I don't use more than two at a time. I started posting at the PI back in 2000 so I'm familiar with most team forums. The only one that really bites is the one at Seahawks .com, and that's because they appointed a mod that had a personal issue with me and booted me (even though I'd been there since day one). All of them are full of mostly good people with great taste in football teams.

Glad to see you guys showing up here!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt Rob. I have been doing the blue, seahawksal and .net for awhile. Shoot, more chances to talk football.
They have all been unique in their own way.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Guess I have never thought of it as a competition, just a few good sites to talk Seahawks football. It's not the be all end all of life, it's a Hawks board. And what exactly are you winning? 8)

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":1u99hqas said:
peachesenregalia":1u99hqas said:
.net > shb

It's not a competition. Never was.

No doubt about that. It would have been like a toddler trying to beat Tyson in a fight. Only similarity is that they would both be likely to bite an ear.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Just curious...does anyone know the reason they shut down The Blue? I heard it was because TC was making some sort of statement about dynamic ticket pricing, which really seems odd. I have a hard time believing that was the real reason.

.Net has a lot of very knowledgeable football people that post here and I've had the pleasure of meeting several in person as I went to the Houston tailgate party a couple years ago. My only problem I have with it, and why I don't post here as often as I'd like, it is that it can get too much traffic at times and my posts can get lost with no one responding to them, makes me feel as if I'm talking to myself. But there's nothing the site administrator can do about that.

I've found .Net to be a classy forum, better than the newspaper forums at the Times and the old PI. The mods will step in when things get out of hand, lock a thread when the responses start getting too heated, and do a good job of policing behavior. Having the ability to read and exchange different takes with good football people adds to my enjoyment of the game.

Welcome to the jungle!

OP
OP
Team Patera

Team Patera

Reaction score
I loved Seahawkblue and the owner of that site has every right to do what they want with it. While it is disappointing, posting on that site was not my entire life....even though I eat, sleep, breathe Seahawks! :)
Good to see Bob and Jimi here who I know personally and are super awesome! !!

I was Number 24 on the Blue but as Craig, Jimi and Bob will tell you, I had to change my user name a few seasons ago when Matty Hass was released. I then switched to Number 24 and I know in the future I will need to change it as Beast Mode will one day (heavy sigh) retire.
Team Patera it is! Go Hawks!

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So I feel it would be in the best interests of our newcomers to introduce them to the regulars around here so they feel more comfortable.

Roland Deschain is our resident Apple expert.
pmedic is a quintessential metrosexual and can answer all your manscaping questions.
SacHawk 2.0 is our country music guru.
DJToy2000 can offer great dating advice.
Throwdown is our local restaurant reviewer, concentrating on fast food drive-thrus.

I'm sure some of the other regulars can fill in the gaps that I've forgotten.