Transplants from Seahawkblue

OP
OP
Team Patera

Team Patera

Reaction score
London12":1sn7k86r said:
Ah that was the first Hawks forum I ever found with a good UK section.

Glad that this means more users on .net now anyway.
Yes. They had a huge UK section! Glad to see Seahawks fans across the pond.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":pnnr0p8n said:
So I feel it would be in the best interests of our newcomers to introduce them to the regulars around here so they feel more comfortable.

Roland Deschain is our resident Apple expert.
pmedic is a quintessential metrosexual and can answer all your manscaping questions.
SacHawk 2.0 is our country music guru.
DJToy2000 can offer great dating advice.
Throwdown is our local restaurant reviewer, concentrating on fast food drive-thrus.

I'm sure some of the other regulars can fill in the gaps that I've forgotten.

Tech Worlds (Captn. Dom) is the board's resident gentle peacemaker, though he's a bit wordy.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Just stick to the main streets, well lit and safe. The darker alleys of Smack Shack and PWR are not places to tread lightly.

I've seen things, man!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Team Patera":1tma2kdj said:
By the way....Craig and I are so Cal Hawks fans. Both live in Oceanside, CA.
Go Hawks!!!

So, I'll be TDY in San Diego from the start of November through the end of January (I work for the Navy), and could probably use some fellow Seahawk fans to get crazy with on game days...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2g8oic6u said:
Just stick to the main streets, well lit and safe. The darker alleys of Smack Shack and PWR are not places to tread lightly.

I've seen things, man!

Think I got a bloody nose in the Smack Shack once. PWR...I dont go there. I heard one time that a person went in there and never came out. :mrgreen:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3qr00l8i said:
Trenchbroom":3qr00l8i said:

I've seen things, man!

Think I got a bloody nose in the Smack Shack once. PWR...I dont go there. I heard one time that a person went in there and never came out. :mrgreen:

He died and went to heaven.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Oh my gosh... this place is a riot.

GeekHawk":2p71qa97 said:
Team Patera":2p71qa97 said:
By the way....Craig and I are so Cal Hawks fans. Both live in Oceanside, CA.
Go Hawks!!!

So, I'll be TDY in San Diego from the start of November through the end of January (I work for the Navy), and could probably use some fellow Seahawk fans to get crazy with on game days...

There's a GREAT Seahawks bar in PB. PM me when you get down here.. you'll love it !!! :)

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
RiverDog":1qdjpxp7 said:
Just curious...does anyone know the reason they shut down The Blue? I heard it was because TC was making some sort of statement about dynamic ticket pricing, which really seems odd. I have a hard time believing that.

That's all we know. It was SO random. I went to the site Sunday morning and it went straight to a message supposedly from TC that he was shutting it down because of dynamic ticket pricing and not supporting a greedy organization. Next thing you know it was shut down and still is.

I actually considered that it was a hack, as it's hard to believe and one 12 would do that to so many people. Like you... it seems really odd, but last I looked it's still shut down.

uncle fester

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":ax4j8vnx said:
London12":ax4j8vnx said:
Ah that was the first Hawks forum I ever found with a good UK section.

Glad that this means more users on .net now anyway.

It always seemed a bit weird to me on there, not outrageously friendly, cliquey if you will. I'm not remotely surprised it got closed down because someone got (*upset*), it seemed that kind of place.

Much prefer this site.

Actually I have to say UK Seahawk fans seem a bit weird, everytime I see someone in the kit I nod or say hello and usually get blanked in return. Maybe it's just me? :D

It's probably shock. We're underrepresented in the UK. I drove past someone on the street in a Marshawn Lynch jersey in London, and nearly crashed into the car in front trying to yell Go Hawks! at them. In darker years, wearing Seahawks stuff would get confused 'Why??' looks, now it gets smiles and nods - well for me anyway! :)

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
SeatownJay":4gk0iizg said:
So I feel it would be in the best interests of our newcomers to introduce them to the regulars around here so they feel more comfortable.

Roland Deschain is our resident Apple expert.
pmedic is a quintessential metrosexual and can answer all your manscaping questions.
SacHawk 2.0 is our country music guru.
DJToy2000 can offer great dating advice.
Throwdown is our local restaurant reviewer, concentrating on fast food drive-thrus.

I'm sure some of the other regulars can fill in the gaps that I've forgotten.

I think I've met them already...

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Ugh, that's tough to hear.

SHB was my first hawks forum I joined. Loved the unique/close quality of that community. Obviously I'm using the same handle. Guessing we've heard the end of 'devasted' for good now.

Any word on what will happen with MotherLand events?

Hoping that NoCal will show his face here with excel sheets and charts. So many smart posters on that community -- hoping they find their way here to share all things hawks related.

EDIT: Oh and Albany's memes. Those were must see after hawks games.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Does this mean we can expect to see Verndog on here again?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Mother land events are still on as far as I can tell.. I believe you can contact Ryan, about it, and Nick will give you some more info concerning these events.

RiverDog

Reaction score
RastaHawk12!":165rwtyv said:
RiverDog":165rwtyv said:
Just curious...does anyone know the reason they shut down The Blue? I heard it was because TC was making some sort of statement about dynamic ticket pricing, which really seems odd. I have a hard time believing that.

That's all we know. It was SO random. I went to the site Sunday morning and it went straight to a message supposedly from TC that he was shutting it down because of dynamic ticket pricing and not supporting a greedy organization. Next thing you know it was shut down and still is.

I actually considered that it was a hack, as it's hard to believe and one 12 would do that to so many people. Like you... it seems really odd, but last I looked it's still shut down.

Interesting. I do know that it was hacked once, but he had it back up and running very quickly. The dynamic ticket pricing policy was announced way back in June. It's odd that it took him that long to work himself into a frenzy. And it's odd he'd flip out about that particular policy. Why not ticket prices in general, which IMO are absurd, or the price of concessions, parking, or any of the other expenses that makes attending game cost prohibitive to many.

I didn't care for TC at all, he banned me with absolutely no warning and for no rule violations that I am aware of as my style there was no different there than in any of the other 3 forums I post in. The only explanation I got was that he was cleaning out the forum, or rather his little club, of all the negativism. Apparently he didn't like my comments about Percy Harvin, which ironically was one of the few things I was dead right about. He didn't even bother to send me a PM or anything as a warning, a classic sucker punch. But I do respect most of the other posters over there, even the ones I had my biggest disagreements with.

Anyway, that's all water under the bridge and I've long since put it behind me. Glad you and the others made it over here. Go Hawks!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Welcome. If at any time you see posts from Kearly or Scottemojo, drop what you're doing and read them. Always worth it.

OkieHawk, on the other hand, should be avoided at all costs.