Tush Push: our new short-yardage norm?

Should we make the tush-push our new short-yardage norm?

• yes

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • no

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters

oasis

Reaction score
If we're so predictable on 1st and 2nd down, maybe we should make it work for us?

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
That was kind of an interesting play. I mean, putting an RB in there instead of Geno was very 'this is what we're doing', but Philly isn't exactly subtle when they do it, either.

Not going to vote yet, I'd like to see us run it a few more times to see how effective we actually can be with it, but thought it was a nice wrinkle.

morgulon1

Reaction score
That was kind of an interesting play. I mean, putting an RB in there instead of Geno was very 'this is what we're doing', but Philly isn't exactly subtle when they do it, either.

Not going to vote yet, I'd like to see us run it a few more times to see how effective we actually can be with it, but thought it was a nice wrinkle.

Especially with Geno Smith being hurt.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I posted this in the game day forum, but stretch Geno, or the “11” man out wide. Pull a defender out of the box. Hell, line up two backup OL in the backfield and really create a push.

sutz

Reaction score
Not something I'd do on every short yardage situation. We would need to practice it more before it becomes a regular thing.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I wonder if DJ Dallas was playing the scout team qb last week emulating Jalen Hurts and Pete liked what he saw.

Welshers2

Reaction score
I'd do it every single 3rd down and 4th down when it's short yardage. I was wishing we did it from the 2 at the end of the game when we lost yardage on a shotgun run that almost cost us the game. But Geno got it done and a great catch by Colby

edogg23

Reaction score
Why not take out the qb and put another big in?

cymatica

Reaction score
I'd do it every single 3rd down and 4th down when it's short yardage. I was wishing we did it from the 2 at the end of the game when we lost yardage on a shotgun run that almost cost us the game. But Geno got it done and a great catch by Colby
When they were at the 2 yd line I was calling for it. Instead they decided to leave Tennessee's edge unblocked and go with a slow developing shotgun run up the gut, literally the dumbest play call for short yardage. How TF does Waldron think that was a good call?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I liked it and we have the mass to do it but I agree take Geno out
of it and use another big.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I was ok with the play but we didn’t disguise it so what was the point in having Geno there at all? Trot out another player there to help with the “push”. Geno looked lame just standing there.

Well except with Geno in there, the opponents can't just trot out 11 heavy dudes as we can always audible to a different play.

The personnel grouping is the surprise. Once we lineup, its obvious but its to late for substitutions.

Of course this line of thinking is what led to us throwing a slant to Ricardo Lockette on the most important play of SB49.

Latest posts