(unreal) Sherman is a 49er

Uncle Si

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":2tq5ow86 said:
Another thing that just pissed me off more about this....

If Jimmy Garoppolo served as motivation for Sherm to sign with the Niners, imagine the motivation that the rest of the free agents will now have when considering the Niners with Sherm now on the defensive side of the ball?

If Allen Robinson becomes a 49er this week when “free agency frenzy” starts...I’m gonna throw up.

He didnt.

Sherman took a real nice pay day and a chance to play near his home town.

Sherman can go ahead and represent that all he wants. If he does, he's just trying to take a shot at his former team

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Uncle Si":njfjs616 said:
AF_BASS_MAN":njfjs616 said:

If Jimmy Garoppolo served as motivation for Sherm to sign with the Niners, imagine the motivation that the rest of the free agents will now have when considering the Niners with Sherm now on the defensive side of the ball?

If Allen Robinson becomes a 49er this week when “free agency frenzy” starts...I’m gonna throw up.

He didnt.

Sherman can go ahead and represent that all he wants. If he does, he's just trying to take a shot at his former team

Sherman took a glorified one-year deal.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nothinbutm":3mya0t9t said:
Does this signing give us a 3rd round comp pick?
No, he was released, not a FA. If they would have let him play out 2018 and then let him walk after the season, they would have gotten a comp pick. I think those that think he is done are in for a rude awakening once he fully heals up. It’s going to suck to be on the wrong end of a fully motivated Richard Sherman!

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3l1a5o3l said:
AF_BASS_MAN":3l1a5o3l said:

He didnt.

He doesn’t even know what kind of money would have been thrown at him from his other suitors because he signed with the first team he visited...2 days after he was cut by us.

And I doubt that a player of his caliber and stats signed with the Niners as a way of putting himself out to pasture due to location alone. Good selling point, but not the main reason. Not someone like him.

He described on Twitter what he was looking for in his next team. He must believe that he checked all those boxes in SF. Whether we agree with it or not is irrelevant.

strohmin

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3dp3wulg said:
Nothinbutm":3dp3wulg said:
No, he was released, not a FA. If they would have let him play out 2018 and then let him walk after the season, they would have gotten a comp pick. I think those that think he is done are in for a rude awakening once he fully heals up. It’s going to suck to be on the wrong end of a fully motivated Richard Sherman!

I agree 100%. I don't think people realize what we lost with Sherman. Wilson has not proven much since his second year in the league. He needs a great running game and a great O-line to actually do something which means our defense is going to suck big time. Sherman was the heart of that defense and our defense carried us for so long. I don't know what the hell Pete is doing, but he is probably going to end up leaving after this year once he comes to terms that his "Win Forever" philosophy was destroyed by the stupid decision he made that day to throw the ball. Man I am so pissed that we wasted such a legendary defense with such a pathetically stupid philosophy on offense.

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
strohmin":1fi0htw0 said:
Sports Hernia":1fi0htw0 said:
Nothinbutm":1fi0htw0 said:

I agree 100%. I don't think people realize what we lost with Sherman. Wilson has not proven much since his second year in the league. He needs a great running game and a great O-line to actually do something which means our defense is going to suck big time. Sherman was the heart of that defense and our defense carried us for so long. I don't know what the hell Pete is doing, but he is probably going to end up leaving after this year once he comes to terms that his "Win Forever" philosophy was destroyed by the stupid decision he made that day to throw the ball. Man I am so pissed that we wasted such a legendary defense with such a pathetically stupid philosophy on offense.
Just because you say it in your head, doesn't make it true. Wilson best years are without Lynch and has been in the MVP conversation 2 of the last 3 years. I would rather lose Sherman, to even think of losing Wilson. Wilson is the franchise QB who hasn't even hit his prime, with little help in the offense. Sherman is the CB, 30, that is past his prime and has a serious injury.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Just occurred to me that Wilson’s job just got a whole lot harder.

He now has to try and complete passes against Talib, Peters, and freakin’ SHERMAN on a regular basis.

JS better do something amazing this draft/FA or Wilson may have had his last chance at MVP last year.

rlkats

Reaction score
I’m a bit stunned that the deal went so fast. Sherman is a great talent no doubt, and I think he can return to 80% or better form. Which is better than anything on the Niners squad as far as CB. My problem is with his mouth. It never stops. But his play backs it up. So I’m very conflicted. I guess picking off Wilson on a regular basis will cure my issues hahaha. But damn man what’s up with the hawks it starting to look like the mass exedous my Niners had. I don’t think the hawks D will ever be the same. I really was looking forward to watching what Jimmy G can do against that D. But now we will never will. Now I’m getting my popcorn ready for when we play ya. It will be interesting.

Marvin49

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":hcvdoe3e said:
Just occurred to me that Wilson’s job just got a whole lot harder.

He now has to try and complete passes against Talib, Peters, and freakin’ SHERMAN on a regular basis.

JS better do something amazing this draft/FA or Wilson may have had his last chance at MVP last year.

To be honest, I'm not really all that concerned about the Rams DBs.

Those two personalities on the same team could explode. That's a lot more volatility than you want. They save money short term, but IF they are as good as they hope, Peters will demand monster contract and they haven't yet paid Aaron Donald. They are in that sweet spot with a cheap QB but he'll get his eventually as well.

I give them points for making the moves tho.

I might be jaded though. Those guys aren't as good as Ramsey and Bouye and Garoppolo carved them up pretty good.

Decimation

Reaction score
IMG 4066

Okay, no, I’m not looking forward to seeing Sherm in a 49ers uniform. What reality am I living in lmao.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":3glpxal0 said:
I’m a bit stunned that the deal went so fast. Sherman is a great talent no doubt, and I think he can return to 80% or better form. Which is better than anything on the Niners squad as far as CB. My problem is with his mouth. It never stops. But his play backs it up. So I’m very conflicted. I guess picking off Wilson on a regular basis will cure my issues hahaha. But damn man what’s up with the hawks it starting to look like the mass exedous my Niners had. I don’t think the hawks D will ever be the same. I really was looking forward to watching what Jimmy G can do against that D. But now we will never will. Now I’m getting my popcorn ready for when we play ya. It will be interesting.
You’re going to love the guy when he’s healthy. He’s a playmaker. He will burn Seattle when he plays us because the guy plays the best with a chip on his shoulder. He’s a good risk for the Niners to take. His release will bite Seattle in the ass for a couple of years if he’s healthy.

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1tdqgtfa said:
rlkats":1tdqgtfa said:
You’re going to love the guy when he’s healthy. He’s a playmaker. He will burn Seattle when he plays us because the guy plays the best with a chip on his shoulder. He’s a good risk for the Niners to take. His release will bite Seattle in the ass for a couple of years if he’s healthy.
Who are you trying to convince? We know Sherman, he was with us for 8 seasons, if you think you will be getting prime Sherman, than you will be greatly disappointed.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":5uzdunmi said:
Uncle Si":5uzdunmi said:
AF_BASS_MAN":5uzdunmi said:

He didnt.

He doesn’t even know what kind of money would have been thrown at him from his other suitors because he signed with the first team he visited...2 days after he was cut by us.

And I doubt that a player of his caliber and stats signed with the Niners as a way of putting himself out to pasture due to location alone. Good selling point, but not the main reason. Not someone like him.

He described on Twitter what he was looking for in his next team. He must believe that he checked all those boxes in SF. Whether we agree with it or not is irrelevant.

It’s relevabt to this thread, no?

Isnt that we do on a message board?

Location and a solid deal with good money. You don’t think those are the main selling points? Why not wait for other Patriots or Vikings? He was certainly aware of interest when the trade talk swirled earlier.

rlkats

Reaction score
SkyHawks16":3k8e37sn said:
Sports Hernia":3k8e37sn said:
rlkats":3k8e37sn said:
Who are you trying to convince? We know Sherman, he was with us for 8 seasons, if you think you will be getting prime Sherman, than you will be greatly disappointed.

Convince??????Did I ever say We we’re getting a prime Sherman? Did I ever say I was in love with the pick up? Um nope. I said he is a great talent and 80% healthy Sherman is still better than what we have now. Disappointment? Really I’m a niner fan disappointment is a way of life the last 20 years. Try not to get to emotional about the LOB breaking up? Pete Carrol is a great talent evaluator just look at the last drafts without Scott M. He has done wonders. Oh wait is that why most people that are hawk fans freaking out and there are threads of firing the coach and gm already.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1t1sebrp said:
AF_BASS_MAN":1t1sebrp said:
Uncle Si":1t1sebrp said:
AF_BASS_MAN":1t1sebrp said:

He didnt.

It’s relevabt to this thread, no?

Isnt that we do on a message board?

Location and a solid deal with good money. You don’t think those are the main selling points? Why not wait for other Patriots or Vikings? He was certainly aware of interest when the trade talk swirled earlier.

Because he now looks at JS and PC as enemy #1 and couldn’t pass up a chance to punish them twice a year.

And he must believe he can win there as well.

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
This deal is worse than I thought. The guy is clearly in his feelings and want to punish the Seahawks.

The full guarantee at signing is $3 million, and only $3 million. Another $4 million should be earned in 2018, if he passes the preseason physical. After that, it’s up to the 49ers as to whether the deal continues into 2019.

The full base value of the deal is $21.15 million, with another $18 million tied to per-game roster bonuses, annual 90-percent playing-time incentives, an annual Pro Bowl incentive, and an annual All-Pro incentive.

To get the full $39.15 million, Sherman will need to play all 48 regular-season games over the next three years, be on the field for at least 90 percent of the snaps, make it to the Pro Bowl every year, and qualify for the All-Pro team every year.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I don’t see it that way. Sorry.

I’m sure he thinks he can win there. He could win at a lot of places. I think this was easy for him for the money and location. If he thought the 9ers were awful I don’t think he’d be there.

I was contesting the notion he went there because JG would better than RW, which a poster referenced.

It’s all semantics. He’s gone

rlkats

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3ioori1x said:
I don’t see it that way. Sorry.

I’m sure he thinks he can win there. He could win at a lot of places. I think this was easy for him for the money and location. If he thought the 9ers were awful I don’t think he’d be there.

I was contesting the notion he went there because JG would better than RW, which a poster referenced.

It’s all semantics. He’s gone

Si I actually agree with you. I think the whole package is what he liked. And at 7mil ish per year if he doesn’t hit the bonuses it could be a good deal. IF IF IF he is healthy and performing. Now here is the catch. IF IF he gets the bonuses that means he is killing it and he will set himself up for a HUGE payday. Not sure if it will happen but I guess we will see.

Latest posts