Very Frustrating Development -- Losing An Elite Player

Seafan

Reaction score
Elite athlete, elite paycheck, but not an elite performer and therefore not an elite player.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I think we were all enamored with the possibilities with Harvin.

Hands down one of the best players in the league, elite for sure.

But if you really think about it, after all the glamour and glitz, he just wasn't elite with us, other than that td return in the SB. And the game was already in the bag.

So, let's just keep it moving with what we got. Maybe it's time we try to develop a WR from the draft aka Richie Rich, P-Rich, the Richaroni, Richalicious,RikRok. Too many big name WRs that cost $$$$.

At the end of the day, hoping Harvin would do VS what he has done, just puts me at peace with this trade.

We got a ring without his help really.

We shall be a-ight.

We all we got, we all we need.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but what has Harvin done the last 2 years that suggests he's anything close to elite?
There is one elite player on this offense, and that's Marshawn.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
davidonmi":1xa9dgia said:
I'm sorry, but what has Harvin done the last 2 years that suggests he's anything close to elite?
Delusional.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2pjecosg said:
I think we were all enamored with the possibilities with Harvin.

Hands down one of the best players in the league, elite for sure.

But if you really think about it, after all the glamour and glitz, he just wasn't elite with us, other than that td return in the SB. And the game was already in the bag.

So, let's just keep it moving with what we got. Maybe it's time we try to develop a WR from the draft aka Richie Rich, P-Rich, the Richaroni, Richalicious,RikRok. Too many big name WRs that cost $$$$.

At the end of the day, hoping Harvin would do VS what he has done, just puts me at peace with this trade.

We got a ring without his help really.

We shall be a-ight.

We all we got, we all we need.
Don't forget Kev, Kevi, Kevin Norwood he has ALL the earmarks of being a money receiver like Largent or Carmichael. Richardson and Norwood need to be on the field now because Wilson deserves his OWN receivers that he develops as he does.

davidonmi

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":10xwejmx said:
davidonmi":10xwejmx said:
Delusional.
What do you define as elite? He's an exciting playmaker's who's consistently hurt and has somewhat underperformed his contract.
The FO screwed up badly in acquiring him, it was a really bad move in retrospect. However I don't see Harvin as being an elite player, sorry

Blitzer88

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1wrnvtr1 said:
Regardless of whatever else is true, it sucks to watch such a supremely talented player go to another team.

End of story.
Agree with this.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1zign3si said:
davidonmi":1zign3si said:
Delusional.
Amount of 1,000 yard receiving seasons: 0
Amount of years he played a full season: 1
Amount of games missed to fake injury: 20+
Amount of practices missed at Florida, Minnesota and Seattle due to "migraines" or other excuses: 100+

pmedic920

Reaction score
It is what it is.
We got a trophy, he got a ring. He played, IMHO, only a small part in that.
I'm already over the trade and ready to move on.
Replacing his production isn't going to all that tough, because frankly there wasn't that much.
I like many was excited about the potential but it never showed up.
If he was the turd in the punch bowl, we are better off.
:{)

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Blitzer88":34vezn7r said:
RolandDeschain":34vezn7r said:
Regardless of whatever else is true, it sucks to watch such a supremely talented player go to another team.

End of story.
Agree with this.

Pretty much my take; especially considering what the deal cost the team vs what they got in return.

And, I can't stand to watch any more of the soap-opera speculation going on in the other thread... :pukeface:

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
RunTheBall":29jav9q2 said:
RolandDeschain":29jav9q2 said:
davidonmi":29jav9q2 said:
Delusional.
Amount of practices missed at Florida, Minnesota and Seattle due to "migraines" or other excuses: 100+

Is he a great, even elite player? I would say yeah, sure. But it's hard to argue against production. He wasn't producing and his impact wasn't causing his teammates to produce. And when you've invested all that and still investing in all that, one or the other has to happen. Then added on with the reported off the field issues, I don't blame them for getting rid of him and cutting their loses for something if it's not working out.

The blame may go to Bevell, and at times he definitely had some head scratching calls,etc. But I'm sure, often times, when looking at the X's and O's, the calls made sense as Brock showed on one of his Chalk talks and the execution was just terribly wrong. All you can ask for from an offense is a matchup where you think your guy can win or hopefully someone on defense screws up an assignment.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Not going to say we've always used him right, but I doubt Bevell was having many problems trying to figure it out. The locker room angle makes the most sense, because he's left a trail of altercations with coaches and players dating back to his college days. Judging by the reports, he had altercations with Tate in February, Baldwin in August, then a near altercation with RW when Russ called him out for his attitude. I'm thinking that Russ was the last straw. You can get in scraps with your fellow WR, but #3 is where the line was drawn. His reluctance to play in Q4 against Dallas was just icing on the cake.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man.......... Today has stunk regardless of what side of the debate you prefer. All I know is that we have got some work today to get away from this and get this season back on track, although I still have doubts that we can do that.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Blitzer88":gbu9t8zl said:
Man.......... Today has stunk regardless of what side of the debate you prefer. All I know is that we have got some work today to get away from this and get this season back on track, although I still have doubts that we can do that.

I loved today. I thought today was awesome. I don't know what all the commotion is about.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RunTheBall":34iqtuz8 said:
RolandDeschain":34iqtuz8 said:
davidonmi":34iqtuz8 said:
Delusional.
Reason/common sense in your reply: 0

RunTheBall

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3aqb6sx5 said:
RunTheBall":3aqb6sx5 said:
RolandDeschain":3aqb6sx5 said:
davidonmi":3aqb6sx5 said:
Delusional.
Reason/common sense in your reply: 0
Why are you blindly defending Harvin, guy is self-centered diva and always has been. His migraines mysteriously went away once he got his contract, but then the day before he has to practice in the 2013 season he wants a surgery for some VERY minor injury that didn't need surgery at all... so he got a 2nd and 3rd opinion until he got a doctor that would say he needed surgery. He also has choked coaches before, been in many fights with teammates and faked many injuries... the list goes on and on.

peppersjap

Reaction score
He was the 3rd highest paid WR in football behind Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald and he was not even a real receiver, more of a gimmick here. He is an elite talent but is in no way an elite player. I believe he only had 1 decent kick return for us this year. He even made a horrible decision on a return that he fielded in the end zone that was carrying him out of bounds, I think he was reading his own hype. He was making huge money based on potential. He really only contributed to the Super Bowl and the green bay game. He scored 3 times vs the redskins but one of the penalties was against him and 2 were on back to back plays so only one would have counted. I would be shocked if he ever becomes anything in this league, I've always tried to downplay the injuries but now expect that to continue.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
peppersjap":3ffo5av4 said:
He was the 3rd highest paid WR in football behind Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald and he was not even a real receiver, more of a gimmick here. He is an elite talent but is in no way an elite player. I believe he only had 1 decent kick return for us this year. He even made a horrible decision on a return that he fielded in the end zone that was carrying him out of bounds, I think he was reading his own hype. He was making huge money based on potential. He really only contributed to the Super Bowl and the green bay game. He scored 3 times vs the redskins but one of the penalties was against him and 2 were on back to back plays so only one would have counted. I would be shocked if he ever becomes anything in this league, I've always tried to downplay the "injuries" but now expect that to continue.
FIFY

RunTheBall

Reaction score
"During offseason conditioning before the 2007 season, the team was running stadium steps and at one point, Harvin, according to sources, sat down and refused to run. When confronted by strength and conditioning coaches, Harvin—who failed to return calls and texts to his cell phone to comment on this story—said, “This (expletive) ends now.”

“The next day,” a former player said, “we were playing basketball as conditioning.”

It only got worse as Harvin’s career progressed. At one point during the 2008 season, multiple sources confirmed that Harvin, now a prominent member of the Minnesota Vikings, physically attacked wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales, grabbing him by the neck and throwing him to the ground. Harvin had to be pulled off Gonzales by two assistant coaches—but was never disciplined."

http://thevikingage.com/2012/04/10/perc ... t-florida/

kigenzun

Reaction score
As it is… It is what it is.
The way it was. Is the way it will be.

2 cents worth=2 words:
MARSHAWN LYNCH.

Rejoice fellow Seahawkians of the Round 12’s Table!
Despite the shocking news today, this is a good move for tomorrow.

Feel not low or without faith in PC/JS.

Super Bowl XLVIII forever echoes in eternity.
:thirishdrinkers:

Latest posts