Watching Luck Suck is so Enjoyable

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
253hawk":w16jrlyj said:
It got so bad that FOX switched to TB/WAS instead. Hahahaha....

And now Luck scores a long TD...lol..Garbage time stat padding at its finest

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3e8gp0c6 said:
253hawk":3e8gp0c6 said:
It got so bad that FOX switched to TB/WAS instead. Hahahaha....

And now Luck scores a long TD...lol..Garbage time stat padding at its finest

Don't worry, it'll be spun as his greatness leading a courageous come from behind effort that just barely falls short.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2xhdxsjj said:
......The problem is the NFL and ESPN are all in on the guy. Big names like Manning and Brady sell the entire brand and with both of them close to retirement it was time to start prepping the new product. Unfortunately he just doesn't look like he is capable of fulfilling the prophecy.........
Ding, ding, ding............ Media just won't let their narrative die.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
So down 27 points he actually does something but still a bad stat line

18/37 253 yards 2TD/2INT with a 66.6 rating

Smellyman

Reaction score
Classic Luck. The reason colts are behind.

frantic comeback and he is the GOAT again. Just needs corners to fall more often.

ringless

Reaction score
I think it's funny the unfounded hate of Luck on this board. There's really no reason to hate the guy except that he's from the same draft class as Wilson and was picked first. I guess I just don't care either way about him, hate nor like

The kid is clearly very, very talented.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Smellyman":303duhfv said:

frantic comeback and he is the GOAT again. Just needs corners to fall more often.

They cut the game from TV but from another thread someone said the corner fell twice and Hilton was open?

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":ed9x46b6 said:
Not into the Luck sucking schadenfreude anymore, he's a really good QB, great drive by him there too.

Except that he's really not. He's something like 28 in passer rating.

ringless

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":y6iig1jq said:
SomersetHawk":y6iig1jq said:
Not into the Luck sucking schadenfreude anymore, he's a really good QB, great drive by him there too.

Look at his career states in his first 3 seasons. ON pace to due better than Manning his predecessor in the same time frame. He also doesnt have a ton of talent around him. He's good. I don't care for him because he's in the AFC. But the hate here is real because of the Wilson issues. You don't see this kind of hate for him on any other NFC board.

Smellyman

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":s5tpxgny said:
Smellyman":s5tpxgny said:

They cut the game from TV but from another thread someone said the corner fell twice and Hilton was open?

yup

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":38d6tfas said:
SomersetHawk":38d6tfas said:

Coming into the game he was 32nd in the league in passer rating. Only Peyton Manning and Mallet were behind him. He has a 75 QB rating plus whatever he gets this game

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
ringless":32yojrke said:
SeaToTheHawks":32yojrke said:
SomersetHawk":32yojrke said:

Look at his career states in his first 3 seasons. ON pace to due better than Manning his predecessor in the same time frame. He also doesnt have a ton of talent around him. He's good. I don't care for him because he's in the AFC. But the hate here is real because of the Wilson issues. You don't see this kind of hate for him on any other NFC board.

The no talent argument is so stale. Why did Hasselbeck look so good with all that non-talent then? You can't keep using that as a crutch for his entire career.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
If our defense wasn't so leaky I'd feel confident in keeping leads. Luck really sucked today and padded his stats in garbage time. Good win for us, though.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":16ki2dcp said:
bmorepunk":16ki2dcp said:
SeaToTheHawks":16ki2dcp said:
Smellyman":16ki2dcp said:
I like the commentator excuse though.

Matt H played well checking down and completing everything. The problem with Luck is he is so good and his talent is so immense that he tries to do everything.

he is just too good for his own good.

Yea, such a bogus excuse. Sooo, if checking down and taking what the defense gives you wins games and makes you good. And throwing long, trying to force things makes you bad....which of the two should you do and which of the two would you want your QB to do?

I don't think "excuse" is a good word to use here.

Luck has great potential (which is why there was so much hype over him), but he plays way too much like Favre on a bad day. If the defense is taking away an aspect of the field, he should be taking what is given. The Colts have other issues so they can't handle too many mistakes from him and have a good chance to win.

If this guy could make better decisions his ceiling is probably something like Aaron Rodgers. Right now it's hard to see how he's going to get there.

By the what other issues are you referring to? They didn't look so deficient when Matt was on the field. Maybe that defense isn't as bad if they aren't trying to salvage multiple Int's games?

As for potential well you could say the same thing about Kaepernick. Jaws was proclaiming him the next coming until reality set in and now without Harbaugh he looks like a complete vegetable out there.

Bad ownership, bad GM, offensive line plug-ins, and inabilty to consistently run on a reasonably consistent basis. The defense may be better than average, and it's hard to tell with limited Hasselbeck time. If you put Hasselbeck in and teams are able to watch tape and plan against him he may not be so successful.

I don't really feel like the Colts have it all going and Luck is the one holding them back. He's certainly tanked them quite a bit, but it's not like he's the only issue they have.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
ringless":16ybul7z said:
I think it's funny the unfounded hate of Luck on this board. There's really no reason to hate the guy except that he's from the same draft class as Wilson and was picked first. I guess I just don't care either way about him, hate nor like

The kid is clearly very, very talented.

When we found out what we had with Wilson and he didn't get a proportional amount of attention, a lot of fans took it personally. Couple that with the excessive coverage of Luck from the draft forward, and you have a recipe for hate. It's easy to understand, but it's a pretty silly emotional response.

The way people talk in this thread and and on some other I've seen make it sound like it's something political and they watch all those 24-hour cable "news" talk shows. You see references to things like "media 'narrative'" and how much a particular network is saying things they don't like. Sports and partisan politics aren't that different; it's almost always about being on a "team".

I rarely watch sports networks, but if I did and I didn't enjoy what I was watching I'd turn it off.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ringless":qgm7jm1w said:
SeaToTheHawks":qgm7jm1w said:
SomersetHawk":qgm7jm1w said:

To be fair the hate is not for Luck it is for the media that has said too many times to count that Wilson can't hold Lucks jock. I wouldn't expect you or 9er fans to understand the angst Seahawks fans have for the media over this. Maybe if you could ignore all the hype and pretend that yards are not the only measurement of a QB and actually look at his numbers and performance, you would see he is not anywhere near the level the media has tried to sell you and that talent around him is not nearly as bad either. How many of those yards like today, came against opponents in prevent mode? When a team is up 27 to 0 they tend to play defense a little different. Luck is amazing when that happens.

Personally I like Andrew Lucks personality and believe just like Kaepernick he has an abundance of gifted talent but QB is mostly between the ears and without Harbaugh he has yet to show he has what it takes between the ears to achieve what the media has already congratulated him for.

Wilson has earned the respect he gets and that has been through insults and negative media press his entire pro career. Luck has been labeled the next messiah since his junior year at Stanford with almost zero criticism and a boatload of excuses including throwing his entire team under the bus to justify his short comings. That same team that looked much better with Hasselbeck under center.

John Clayton said this off season, if Luck was Seattle's QB we may have never lost a game. How is that not hyping Luck and insulting Wilson?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
bmorepunk":11p1by6b said:
RichNhansom":11p1by6b said:
SeaToTheHawks":11p1by6b said:
Smellyman":11p1by6b said:
I like the commentator excuse though.

Matt H played well checking down and completing everything. The problem with Luck is he is so good and his talent is so immense that he tries to do everything.

he is just too good for his own good.

Yea, such a bogus excuse. Sooo, if checking down and taking what the defense gives you wins games and makes you good. And throwing long, trying to force things makes you bad....which of the two should you do and which of the two would you want your QB to do?

I don't think "excuse" is a good word to use here.

Luck has great potential (which is why there was so much hype over him), but he plays way too much like Favre on a bad day. If the defense is taking away an aspect of the field, he should be taking what is given. The Colts have other issues so they can't handle too many mistakes from him and have a good chance to win.

If this guy could make better decisions his ceiling is probably something like Aaron Rodgers. Right now it's hard to see how he's going to get there.

By the what other issues are you referring to? They didn't look so deficient when Matt was on the field. Maybe that defense isn't as bad if they aren't trying to salvage multiple Int's games?

As for potential well you could say the same thing about Kaepernick. Jaws was proclaiming him the next coming until reality set in and now without Harbaugh he looks like a complete vegetable out there.

Bad ownership, bad GM, offensive line plug-ins, and inabilty to consistently run on a reasonably consistent basis. The defense may be better than average, and it's hard to tell with limited Hasselbeck time. If you put Hasselbeck in and teams are able to watch tape and plan against him he may not be so successful.

I don't really feel like the Colts have it all going and Luck is the one holding them back. He's certainly tanked them quite a bit, but it's not like he's the only issue they have.[/quote]

No question he is not holding them back. He is definitely one of the bright spots but he is not nearly as good as the media would have you believe just like his team isn't nearly as bad.

He IMO is an above average young QB who will have a long successful career. Especially if that division stays the way it has been the last 4 years. He is not deserving of HOF talk yet and may never be and if that division improves or if he was in the NFC west the views of him would likely be much worse. His yards you speak of have much to do with that division as well as teams playing prevent from having a large lead thanks to his Int's and his performances against good defenses on league average is horrid.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Luck tries to make things happen more then take what is given and allow them to start cheating to stop it and take a shot like Hass does. That's coaching and experience, forcing things rarely turns out well, the reverse is what Wilson does, they make him play conservative football and then ask him to take advantage of situations when the coaches think they see something, Wilson isn't given the latitude to choose as much as Luck.

Two completely different environments for each player.

But as Rich says it's not the player it's the media and the tiresome reference to him being the next Messiah of the NFL when we have a QB here taken in same class that has done more with less as far as a offense and talent around him other then RB.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ringless":vtvdseku said:
I think it's funny the unfounded hate of Luck on this board. There's really no reason to hate the guy except that he's from the same draft class as Wilson and was picked first.............
That's really not even a factor for me, and I personally think he's a great kid. For me the problem is that he was anointed by the media and is nowhere near what they say he is. He could get there, but the mental aspect isn't there yet. It isn't for Wilson either though I think he's further along than Luck in that part of their games. As these threads pop up, my posts anyway generally focus on the media slobberfest over Luck and how ridiculous it is.