Watching Luck Suck is so Enjoyable

Rob12

Reaction score
Ramfan128":afu8t4d5 said:
I'll admit, I don't live in the world you guys do with Wilson.

All I hear is praise for him, and to be honest, I've never thought he was all that great. So from my perspective, Wilson actually gets more media love than he deserves....all a matter of perspective I suppose.

And I've stopped looking/using stats to define QB play...makes no sense. Luck has been a turnover machine in his short career....but he's also done a lot of good things. Comparing him and Wilson is asinine. Different talent around them, different schemes, different opponents.

In my opinion, Luck is a top 5 QB. I also think that Seattle is superior to Indianapolis at nearly every position (the exception being QB, and OL - but only this year - and Luck's OL is still very bad).

The Colts line is absolute trash. Has been since Luck got there.

I'm not on the Luck hate wagon but the stats, and things that can be quantified prove you wrong.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Rob12":3albrjyr said:
ringless":3albrjyr said:
I think it's funny the unfounded hate of Luck on this board. There's really no reason to hate the guy except that he's from the same draft class as Wilson and was picked first. I guess I just don't care either way about him, hate nor like

The kid is clearly very, very talented.

It's a sickness among Seahawks fans. Not sure where it comes from. RW's resume speaks for itself, and Luck is a damn good QB having a down year.

It started with the 'Suck for Luck' phenomena. There were even Seahawks fans complaining that Carroll was making us too competitive. It was disgusting. Luck seems like a good guy, but he has been getting a little bit of the Tebow treatment. He is much, much more talented than Tebow . . . but the media was giving him the attention of a QB on the elite level of a Tom Brady or Drew Brees. I would say he is much closer to Eli Manning than he is to Peyton Manning in his prime.

I do not think Luck is even on the same level as Russell Wilson, due to Luck's accuracy and turnover problems. I could very easily see Luck never winning a Super Bowl, because I think doing so would be dependent on elite coaching, running game, and defense (the three elements he had at Stanford), which will be very hard for the Colts to obtain. Luck has to be one of, if not the, most overrated player in the game today. And next year, he will likely be its most highly paid.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Ramfan128":w1q78pmq said:

All I hear is praise for him, and to be honest, I've never thought he was all that great. So from my perspective, Wilson actually gets more media love than he deserves....all a matter of perspective I suppose.

And I've stopped looking/using stats to define QB play...makes no sense. Luck has been a turnover machine in his short career....but he's also done a lot of good things. Comparing him and Wilson is asinine. Different talent around them, different schemes, different opponents.

In my opinion, Luck is a top 5 QB. I also think that Seattle is superior to Indianapolis at nearly every position (the exception being QB, and OL - but only this year - and Luck's OL is still very bad).

As a rams fan.... was Lucks 1TD/3INT, 65 QB rating and a 30 point loss impressive to you when they went against the Rams

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Rob12":cnyvosqk said:
ringless":cnyvosqk said:
I think it's funny the unfounded hate of Luck on this board. There's really no reason to hate the guy except that he's from the same draft class as Wilson and was picked first. I guess I just don't care either way about him, hate nor like

It's a sickness among Seahawks fans. Not sure where it comes from. RW's resume speaks for itself, and Luck is a damn good QB having a down year.

I dont get why people say Luck is a top 5 QB and he is damn good....

The dude has a 85.5 QB rating for his career with 52INTS, 31 fumbles (not sure how many were lost) in the regular season and 12 INT in the postseason. He is a turnover machine and isnt very good in the playoffs.. 9TD/12 INT with a 70 QB rating in the playoffs isnt getting it done

Wilson has a career rating of 98.3 with 31 INT with 34 fumbles (not sure how many were lost) and only 6 playoff INTS.
Andy Dalton has a career rating of 87.8 and has only been in the league 1 more year
Cam Newton has a career rating of 84.4 which is just behind luck.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Ramfan128":fuztfwnw said:

This post is why the media is winning.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
RichNhansom":z3d0zzpw said:
ringless":z3d0zzpw said:
SeaToTheHawks":z3d0zzpw said:
SomersetHawk":z3d0zzpw said:
Not into the Luck sucking schadenfreude anymore, he's a really good QB, great drive by him there too.

Except that he's really not. He's something like 28 in passer rating.

Look at his career states in his first 3 seasons. ON pace to due better than Manning his predecessor in the same time frame. He also doesnt have a ton of talent around him. He's good. I don't care for him because he's in the AFC. But the hate here is real because of the Wilson issues. You don't see this kind of hate for him on any other NFC board.

To be fair the hate is not for Luck it is for the media that has said too many times to count that Wilson can't hold Lucks jock. I wouldn't expect you or 9er fans to understand the angst Seahawks fans have for the media over this. Maybe if you could ignore all the hype and pretend that yards are not the only measurement of a QB and actually look at his numbers and performance, you would see he is not anywhere near the level the media has tried to sell you and that talent around him is not nearly as bad either. How many of those yards like today, came against opponents in prevent mode? When a team is up 27 to 0 they tend to play defense a little different. Luck is amazing when that happens.

Personally I like Andrew Lucks personality and believe just like Kaepernick he has an abundance of gifted talent but QB is mostly between the ears and without Harbaugh he has yet to show he has what it takes between the ears to achieve what the media has already congratulated him for.

Wilson has earned the respect he gets and that has been through insults and negative media press his entire pro career. Luck has been labeled the next messiah since his junior year at Stanford with almost zero criticism and a boatload of excuses including throwing his entire team under the bus to justify his short comings. That same team that looked much better with Hasselbeck under center.

John Clayton said this off season, if Luck was Seattle's QB we may have never lost a game. How is that not hyping Luck and insulting Wilson?
You nailed it brother.

2012: Media, halfway into the season, when it's apparent to anyone who wasn't east coast biased, that Wilson should be in the ROY talks, all the media kept putting up polls, who should win, Luck or RGIII?

Luck's DVOA 2012: -5.9%

NEGATIVE! He actually made the Colts WORSE!

Wilson's DVOA: 19.7% 6th best QB in the league. He beat out Luck in DYAR by a wide margin. Tied Peytons rookie TD record.

Yet, three years later, people are still saying Luck is soooo much better than Wilson.

2013: Luck=4.6% whoo effing hooo. But at least he's improving.
Wilson=15.6% 8th in the league. One Super Bowl ring.

This year, so far, Luck has a DVOA of -4.6% So he's actually having a better season than the year he was supposed to be ROY vs RGIII.

It isn't hate for Luck, it's hate for Luck lovers.

mrt144

Reaction score
It would be more enjoyable if it wasn't a cautionary tale about expectations and support.

Rob12

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1fx14vhh said:
Rob12":1fx14vhh said:
ringless":1fx14vhh said:

I dont get why people say Luck is a top 5 QB and he is damn good....

The dude has a 85.5 QB rating for his career with 52INTS, 31 fumbles (not sure how many were lost) in the regular season and 12 INT in the postseason. He is a turnover machine and isnt very good in the playoffs.. 9TD/12 INT with a 70 QB rating in the playoffs isnt getting it done

Wilson has a career rating of 98.3 with 31 INT with 34 fumbles (not sure how many were lost) and only 6 playoff INTS.
Andy Dalton has a career rating of 87.8 and has only been in the league 1 more year
Cam Newton has a career rating of 84.4 which is just behind luck.

I'd much rather have RW. I don't think Luck is "great." I think he has done some really good things early on in his career. But yeah, the numbers you mention are not good. I guess I just don't understand the obsession .NET has with him.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2p6kb4gs said:
RichNhansom":2p6kb4gs said:
SeaToTheHawks":2p6kb4gs said:
SomersetHawk":2p6kb4gs said:
Not into the Luck sucking schadenfreude anymore, he's a really good QB, great drive by him there too.

Except that he's really not. He's something like 28 in passer rating.

Look at his career states in his first 3 seasons. ON pace to due better than Manning his predecessor in the same time frame. He also doesnt have a ton of talent around him. He's good. I don't care for him because he's in the AFC. But the hate here is real because of the Wilson issues. You don't see this kind of hate for him on any other NFC board.

To be fair the hate is not for Luck it is for the media that has said too many times to count that Wilson can't hold Lucks jock. I wouldn't expect you or 9er fans to understand the angst Seahawks fans have for the media over this. Maybe if you could ignore all the hype and pretend that yards are not the only measurement of a QB and actually look at his numbers and performance, you would see he is not anywhere near the level the media has tried to sell you and that talent around him is not nearly as bad either. How many of those yards like today, came against opponents in prevent mode? When a team is up 27 to 0 they tend to play defense a little different. Luck is amazing when that happens.

Personally I like Andrew Lucks personality and believe just like Kaepernick he has an abundance of gifted talent but QB is mostly between the ears and without Harbaugh he has yet to show he has what it takes between the ears to achieve what the media has already congratulated him for.

Wilson has earned the respect he gets and that has been through insults and negative media press his entire pro career. Luck has been labeled the next messiah since his junior year at Stanford with almost zero criticism and a boatload of excuses including throwing his entire team under the bus to justify his short comings. That same team that looked much better with Hasselbeck under center.

John Clayton said this off season, if Luck was Seattle's QB we may have never lost a game. How is that not hyping Luck and insulting Wilson?
You nailed it brother.

2012: Media, halfway into the season, when it's apparent to anyone who wasn't east coast biased, that Wilson should be in the ROY talks, all the media kept putting up polls, who should win, Luck or RGIII?

Luck's DVOA 2012: -5.9%

NEGATIVE! He actually made the Colts WORSE!

Wilson's DVOA: 19.7% 6th best QB in the league. He beat out Luck in DYAR by a wide margin. Tied Peytons rookie TD record.

Yet, three years later, people are still saying Luck is soooo much better than Wilson.

2013: Luck=4.6% whoo effing hooo. But at least he's improving.
Wilson=15.6% 8th in the league. One Super Bowl ring.

This year, so far, Luck has a DVOA of -4.6% So he's actually having a better season than the year he was supposed to be ROY vs RGIII.

It isn't hate for Luck, it's hate for Luck lovers.[/quote]

In 2013 the only year Wilson has not gone to the super bowl, Wilson went to the probowl and played the 3rd quarter. He went 8 -10 with three TD's. Yes three and still didn't win pro bowl MVP. If Luck had done that is there any question at all he would have won it?

What would Wilson have had to do to win it if that stat line wasn't enough?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ringless":13iiohls said:

I bet I can prove hypocrisy on this if you're willing to answer honestly. Have you never disliked something due to wild overuse/ridiculous amounts of positive attention? For example, hating on Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":8lnrr3qa said:
ringless":8lnrr3qa said:

I bet I can prove hypocrisy on this if you're willing to answer honestly. Have you never disliked something due to wild overuse/ridiculous amounts of positive attention? For example, hating on Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On.

Trick question: EVERYONE loves that song! Nice try, Roland...

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yeah you seriously couldn't come up with a better example? Who hates that song?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sports media is a desert, always has been. The number of interesting national interest topics is low, which is why just a few topics dominate sports talk.

I remember when the next Jordan was the talk of media. Who remembers Harold Miner? The NEXT BIG THING is a media creation. When they finally got the next Jordan, just like Jordan, when Lebron farts, paid talkers describe it as stench or roses, nothing inbetween. Talk radio can be such utter shit. NFL news shows are pretty much all utter shit as well.

As dude, Luck is very, very cool. He doesn't seem to seek hype. As a ball player, big, tall, athletic, and THAT ARM. A highlight waiting to happen.

As a football player, he is Wilson, if Wilson were huge and gambled with the ball. Both hold the ball too long sometimes looking for a play, both can make a D pay with their legs, and for both it sucks to see them hitting plateaus in their growth. Both have that feel that with the right OC, they would do amazing things. Make no mistake, Pep is just as rigid as Bevell in believing that the cleverness of the system is very important.

I have been guilty of rooting against Luck because the hype train is annoying, but I got over that. I cringe a bit when Wilson gets hype too. Hype annoys me. If Luck's division was not such a shit show, we would not be talking about his playoff losses. Just like if Wilson had not had Lynch and his D, he would be more Zorn than Microsoft pitchman.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Like I said before, I just don't live in the same world you guys do. From my perspective, Wilson was the most hyped after RG3 from that draft class.

A lot of people in the media did put Luck in the elite category too soon (his 2nd year), but IMO he proved he belonged last season (his 3rd year). Despite his struggles this season, there are still not 5 QBs I would take over Luck.

My opinion has nothing to do with the media. I was at the game when the Rams destroyed him a few years ago. I've watched him a lot and he only has one big issue this season IMO, and that's turning the ball over.

Considering the issues between coach and GM, it's not surprising the Colts are struggling. They also haven't exactly drafted well since they acquired Luck...but at the end of the day, there is no way to convince people of something that they believe so strongly...I throw the stats out when looking at QB play because there's 10 other guys that directly influence them.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Ramfan128":21ykyxal said:
A lot of people in the media did put Luck in the elite category too soon (his 2nd year), but IMO he proved he belonged last season (his 3rd year). Despite his struggles this season, there are still not 5 QBs I would take over Luck.

Really?!

Aaron Rodgers

Tom Brady

Drew Brees

Ben Roethlisberger

Philip Rivers

Russell Wilson

Matt Ryan

Tony Romo

Cam Newton

Smellyman

Reaction score
Funny now the "executive of the year" is coming under fire.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Ramfan128":c34iyjda said:
Like I said before, I just don't live in the same world you guys do. From my perspective, Wilson was the most hyped after RG3 from that draft class.

Wilson wasn't "hyped" before taking a single snap like RGKnee and Luck were. Wilson didn't get any attention until the regular season was almost over with and even then, the Seahawks were only winning because of the defense. After their second year and a Seahawks Super Bowl victory, Russell started getting some "hype", but was STILL considered behind the likes of RGKnee, Keeporpick, Dalton, Foles AND Luck. Each season, one or two of the guys that were considered better than Russell fall off and a couple rookies step in supposedly already ahead of Russell and Russell just keeps doing what he has done all along without much fanfare.

Just watch. In the offseason when they start doing their "lists" on NFL Network and ESPN, you'll see Russell ranked below Dalton, Carr, Bridgewater, Mariota, Winston, Bortles, and a few others that haven't done squat yet because he throws for less yards and is asked to do less.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1rab2zq7 said:

My opinion has nothing to do with the media. I was at the game when the Rams destroyed him a few years ago. I've watched him a lot and he only has one big issue this season IMO, and that's turning the ball over.

Considering the issues between coach and GM, it's not surprising the Colts are struggling. They also haven't exactly drafted well since they acquired Luck...but at the end of the day, there is no way to convince people of something that they believe so strongly...I throw the stats out when looking at QB play because there's 10 other guys that directly influence them.

It's pretty amazing that the talent holding Luck back apparently carried Hasselbeck.

I think there is more talent there than the media wants you to believe but it doesn't fit the media agenda if that is true.

Luck is about to cost one coach his job and possibly the GM too. Maybe just maybe he isn't quite ready to be in that elite category. Seriously if he were then that so called bad talent holding him back would not have looked so good when Matt was directing them.