Watching Luck Suck is so Enjoyable

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
The Colts are in a deep hole looking down. Their next 3 opponents have a combined 1 loss.
Panthers
Broncos
Falcons

Their 3 wins this season are all against Division foes.

:white_flag:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2dsfdoyd said:
The Colts are in a deep hole looking down. Their next 3 opponents have a combined 1 loss.
Panthers
Broncos
Falcons

Their 3 wins this season are all against Division foes.

:white_flag:
Their division is so bad they could win it by 3 games while finishing 7-9.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1r76mjxr said:
ringless":1r76mjxr said:
I think it's funny the unfounded hate of Luck on this board. There's really no reason to hate the guy except that he's from the same draft class as Wilson and was picked first.............
That's really not even a factor for me, and I personally think he's a great kid. For me the problem is that he was anointed by the media and is nowhere near what they say he is. He could get there, but the mental aspect isn't there yet. It isn't for Wilson either though I think he's further along than Luck in that part of their games. As these threads pop up, my posts anyway generally focus on the media slobberfest over Luck and how ridiculous it is.
I actually like the guy on a personal level. He's a pretty damn smart guy if you read his story. He is a bit of a dork but you'll never have to worry about him punching his momma in the mouth, throwing his girl down on a stack of assault weapons, getting multiple DUI's, yelling "Bomb" at an airport, etc etc etc. He's a good guy.

It's the media hype (which isn't his fault) that drives the dislike. The guy hasn't even been remotely close to his hype level as the next "golden boy". That is the NFL and sports networks fault.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":drtiou8m said:
hawksfansinceday1":drtiou8m said:
ringless":drtiou8m said:
I think it's funny the unfounded hate of Luck on this board. There's really no reason to hate the guy except that he's from the same draft class as Wilson and was picked first.............
That's really not even a factor for me, and I personally think he's a great kid. For me the problem is that he was anointed by the media and is nowhere near what they say he is. He could get there, but the mental aspect isn't there yet. It isn't for Wilson either though I think he's further along than Luck in that part of their games. As these threads pop up, my posts anyway generally focus on the media slobberfest over Luck and how ridiculous it is.
I actually like the guy on a personal level. He's a pretty damn smart guy if you read his story. He is a bit of a dork but you'll never have to worry about him punching his momma in the mouth, throwing his girl down on a stack of assault weapons, getting multiple DUI's, yelling "Bomb" at an airport, etc etc etc. He's a good guy.

It's the media hype (which isn't his fault) that drives the dislike. The guy hasn't even been remotely close to his hype level as the next "golden boy". That is the NFL and sports networks fault.
You said it better than I, Hernia. Thanks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2dq6j153 said:
Sports Hernia":2dq6j153 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2dq6j153 said:
ringless":2dq6j153 said:

You said it better than I, Hernia. Thanks.
Every once in awhile a blind squirrel finds a nut. 8)

Laloosh

Reaction score
My one and only issue with Luck.

flatack.0.gif

According to the media, when Luck loses, he's the guy being tackled. When Russ loses, he's the tackler.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Chris Chase of USA Today Sports gets it:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/and ... ar-BBmqBiz

Andrew Luck is the king of garbage-time touchdowns

On Sunday, with the Indianapolis Colts down 27-0 to the New Orleans Saints, Andrew Luck threw a touchdown and then another and then one more after that. What had been a terrible day (two interceptions and a shutout) was suddenly a decent one on the stat sheet. But while these passes seemingly got the Colts back into the game, they didn’t really. Indianapolis never had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead after Luck began getting hot. These were purely garbage-time touchdowns, a practice at which Andrew Luck seems quite proficient.

According to research on pro-football-reference, (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... s/passing/), here are the percentage of touchdown passes a quarterback has thrown when up or down by 17 points in his career. Again, please acknowledge the limitations and the fact that the sample sizes for younger quarterbacks aren’t very big.

BBmqBKT.img

Isn’t that stunning? Luck’s numbers (27 of 97 touchdowns coming with team up or down by three scores) are double that of his top contemporaries. In his fourth season he already has 17 touchdown passes when down by three scores. In his entire career, Tom Brady has 12, with more than four times as many touchdown passes in total.

What does it all mean? I wish I had the answer. The only thing to say with certainty is that Andrew Luck may be a proficient thrower of touchdowns, but many of those have no bearing on the game.

Smellyman

Reaction score
lsheldon":1cd2x1bi said:
Chris Chase of USA Today Sports gets it:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/and ... ar-BBmqBiz

Andrew Luck is the king of garbage-time touchdowns

On Sunday, with the Indianapolis Colts down 27-0 to the New Orleans Saints, Andrew Luck threw a touchdown and then another and then one more after that. What had been a terrible day (two interceptions and a shutout) was suddenly a decent one on the stat sheet. But while these passes seemingly got the Colts back into the game, they didn’t really. Indianapolis never had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead after Luck began getting hot. These were purely garbage-time touchdowns, a practice at which Andrew Luck seems quite proficient.

According to research on pro-football-reference, (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... s/passing/), here are the percentage of touchdown passes a quarterback has thrown when up or down by 17 points in his career. Again, please acknowledge the limitations and the fact that the sample sizes for younger quarterbacks aren’t very big.

BBmqBKT.img

Isn’t that stunning? Luck’s numbers (27 of 97 touchdowns coming with team up or down by three scores) are double that of his top contemporaries. In his fourth season he already has 17 touchdown passes when down by three scores. In his entire career, Tom Brady has 12, with more than four times as many touchdown passes in total.

What does it all mean? I wish I had the answer. The only thing to say with certainty is that Andrew Luck may be a proficient thrower of touchdowns, but many of those have no bearing on the game.

Just what I said earlier, now with facts. :)

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=114425&p=1737970#p1737970

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I find it hard to hate Andrew Luck and the reasons for other people hating him seem to be issues beyond his control.

If he was complete douche and he was failing then I would enjoy the karma but he's a likeable normal guy so I don't take any great pleasure from his current struggles. I understand why people get annoyed at the hype however.

253hawk

Reaction score
There would a lot less of the Luck slobberfest if Griffin hadn't destroyed himself. Once that hype train derailed, it had to attach itself somewhere, and what better than a QB who can put up Madden numbers in the sorriest division since the realignment.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Joke's on us though, the Colts are still going to win the AFC South.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
And how many of those passing yards are because he turns the ball over early and often in games, puts his team in a huge deficit, and has to throw the ball late in games to make a comeback?

Ramfan128

Reaction score
It is weird, because it's not like Wilson is playing much better. The Seahawks have a superior team to the Colts all the way around, and yet they have the same record?

Look at who they played? I agree let's do that.

So let's look at who Hasselbeck played: the Jags and Texans - Jags at home. That's the worst team in the NFL and the Jags, who are still one of the worst teams.

So let's not act like the Colts would've lost those games with Luck....they were the two easiest games on the schedule.

The Colts losses before the Saints have come to the Bills, Jets, and Patriots. The Bills don't look nearly as good now, but the other two? Lol c'mon.

The game against the Saints was ugly. Luck has not played well at all this year. But I'd still take him over just about every QB in the NFL.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Wilson is playing better though behind a worse line and playing against tougher defenses year in and year out. This year Wilson has a passer rating of 97(8th in the league), Luck is at 76 good for 30th in the league. Wilson has a completion percentage of 70 for 3rd in the league and luck is at 56% or 26th in the league. Before someone screams its all short passes. Wilson YPA is sitting at 9.18 or 4th in the league while Luck is at 6.66 which is good for 26th in the league.

Seattle is superior in every way? Seattle's O-line is much worse and I've watched multiple Colts games this year. Luck also has multiple players with 1-3 round grades on offense as well and Frank Gore who is playing very well.
People love to say Wilson is playing much better but he clearly is and has been since they entered the league.

I like Luck and he seems like a great guy who I hope figures it out and becomes an all time great. I just hate that the media makes excuse after excuse for him and find every reason imaginable to NOT give Wilson any credit. I'm pulling for Luck.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I'll admit, I don't live in the world you guys do with Wilson.

All I hear is praise for him, and to be honest, I've never thought he was all that great. So from my perspective, Wilson actually gets more media love than he deserves....all a matter of perspective I suppose.

And I've stopped looking/using stats to define QB play...makes no sense. Luck has been a turnover machine in his short career....but he's also done a lot of good things. Comparing him and Wilson is asinine. Different talent around them, different schemes, different opponents.

In my opinion, Luck is a top 5 QB. I also think that Seattle is superior to Indianapolis at nearly every position (the exception being QB, and OL - but only this year - and Luck's OL is still very bad).

The Colts line is absolute trash. Has been since Luck got there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ramfan128":cjraqubo said:
In my opinion, Luck is a top 5 QB. I also think that Seattle is superior to Indianapolis at nearly every position (the exception being QB, and OL - but only this year - and Luck's OL is still very bad)..

You are what the stats show, #30 in 2015 so far.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/playe ... backRating

Obviously Luck is not really the #30 QB in the league, but he's also not top 5.

Does he have everything it takes to be an elite top 5 QB? Sure, but until he proves it week in and week out, he's nothing more than potential..............and ask any coach in the league what gets you fired the fastest, hoping and waiting on potential.

Rob12

Reaction score
ringless":3471yr8d said:
I think it's funny the unfounded hate of Luck on this board. There's really no reason to hate the guy except that he's from the same draft class as Wilson and was picked first. I guess I just don't care either way about him, hate nor like

The kid is clearly very, very talented.

It's a sickness among Seahawks fans. Not sure where it comes from. RW's resume speaks for itself, and Luck is a damn good QB having a down year.