Watching Luck Suck is so Enjoyable

Ramfan128

Reaction score
RichNhansom":23no79l4 said:
Ramfan128":23no79l4 said:
Like I said before, I just don't live in the same world you guys do. From my perspective, Wilson was the most hyped after RG3 from that draft class.

A lot of people in the media did put Luck in the elite category too soon (his 2nd year), but IMO he proved he belonged last season (his 3rd year). Despite his struggles this season, there are still not 5 QBs I would take over Luck.

My opinion has nothing to do with the media. I was at the game when the Rams destroyed him a few years ago. I've watched him a lot and he only has one big issue this season IMO, and that's turning the ball over.

Considering the issues between coach and GM, it's not surprising the Colts are struggling. They also haven't exactly drafted well since they acquired Luck...but at the end of the day, there is no way to convince people of something that they believe so strongly...I throw the stats out when looking at QB play because there's 10 other guys that directly influence them.

It's pretty amazing that the talent holding Luck back apparently carried Hasselbeck.

I think there is more talent there than the media wants you to believe but it doesn't fit the media agenda if that is true.

Luck is about to cost one coach his job and possibly the GM too. Maybe just maybe he isn't quite ready to be in that elite category. Seriously if he were then that so called bad talent holding him back would not have looked so good when Matt was directing them.

Well two things...one, the teams that the Colts played with Hasselbeck were the Jags and Texans...Jags took them to OT in Indy...

Two, I think players step their game up when the backup QB plays....have seen this quite a bit with the Rams. The Monday Night game against the Hawks a few years ago was a good example...aside from one long pass, the team minus the QB played an almost perfect game against the eventual super bowl champs. We were not that good - and the Hawks were amazing that year - but minus the QB those guys played out of their minds.

I don't watch the media stuff very often....when I say that I don't think the Colts are a very good team around Luck, it's because I've watched them a lot...I just dont think that team is very good.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Ramfan128":ml1dwsff said:
RichNhansom":ml1dwsff said:
Ramfan128":ml1dwsff said:
Like I said before, I just don't live in the same world you guys do. From my perspective, Wilson was the most hyped after RG3 from that draft class.

A lot of people in the media did put Luck in the elite category too soon (his 2nd year), but IMO he proved he belonged last season (his 3rd year). Despite his struggles this season, there are still not 5 QBs I would take over Luck.

My opinion has nothing to do with the media. I was at the game when the Rams destroyed him a few years ago. I've watched him a lot and he only has one big issue this season IMO, and that's turning the ball over.

Considering the issues between coach and GM, it's not surprising the Colts are struggling. They also haven't exactly drafted well since they acquired Luck...but at the end of the day, there is no way to convince people of something that they believe so strongly...I throw the stats out when looking at QB play because there's 10 other guys that directly influence them.

It's pretty amazing that the talent holding Luck back apparently carried Hasselbeck.

I think there is more talent there than the media wants you to believe but it doesn't fit the media agenda if that is true.

Luck is about to cost one coach his job and possibly the GM too. Maybe just maybe he isn't quite ready to be in that elite category. Seriously if he were then that so called bad talent holding him back would not have looked so good when Matt was directing them.

Well two things...one, the teams that the Colts played with Hasselbeck were the Jags and Texans...Jags took them to OT in Indy...

Two, I think players step their game up when the backup QB plays....have seen this quite a bit with the Rams. The Monday Night game against the Hawks a few years ago was a good example...aside from one long pass, the team minus the QB played an almost perfect game against the eventual super bowl champs. We were not that good - and the Hawks were amazing that year - but minus the QB those guys played out of their minds.

I don't watch the media stuff very often....when I say that I don't think the Colts are a very good team around Luck, it's because I've watched them a lot...I just dont think that team is very good.

OK so when you are judging Luck he looks like a top QB and his team mates look like crap but when the back up steps in and looks better against the same competition (that has artificially inflated Lucks stats and are mostly the reason he looks good when he does) his team mates play better than they are capable of?

Look at Luck's stats against good defenses or in the playoffs. He has a great personality and amazing physical gifts but what is in question isn't can he make all the throws or does he look like an elite talent in his passing motion. What is in question is what does he have between the ears and that is not something that shines through in his motions or his physical stature, it is something that jumps out at you when he is forced into making tough decisions.

It's kind of like making a beautiful woman the CEO of your fortune 500 company because she looks the part. She is tall and curvaceous and dresses to the 9's. She walks with a strut that embodies sexuality and has the grace of royalty but guess what, she may be dumb as a box of rocks and if her tough decisions are running your company into the ground then maybe she isn't the CEO prospect you envisioned.

Luck has had one of the easiest schedules each year he has been in the league and when facing good defenses he has struggled mightily.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
ctrcat":2aadl6cs said:
I've never posted a link to another board, much less a rival board, but this post is too good and too appropriate to not be shared. If you decide to read it I assure you it's Luck, not Panthers, related. http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/to ... ll/?page=1
That was an excellent article. Seeing as it was just a thread on a fourm, that was the best forum thread I've ever seen.

That guy should be getting paid to write.

ctrcat

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2iwxmrj4 said:
ctrcat":2iwxmrj4 said:
I've never posted a link to another board, much less a rival board, but this post is too good and too appropriate to not be shared. If you decide to read it I assure you it's Luck, not Panthers, related. http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/to ... ll/?page=1
That was an excellent article. Seeing as it was just a thread on a fourm, that was the best forum thread I've ever seen.

That guy should be getting paid to write.

Thanks. It was excellent, but I think Luck's letter to Harbaugh is even better. http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/to ... ms/?page=1

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The league has adjusted fully to Luck, Wilson, Kaep, Tannehill. How they deal with that will determine the course of their respective careers. I believe Russ and Luck will come out as top flight QBs in the long run. Kaep and Tannehill, not so much. Derek Carr is gonna have the same thing happen to him next year or the year after.

Smellyman

Reaction score
off to a good start against Carolina.

1/2 3 yards and 1 bad interception.

RussB

Reaction score
Man luck is just a trash QB, why would anyone say he is the next aaron rodgers?

ringless

Reaction score
Wow the Colts are sloppy! 3 Fumbles already and a pick.

They are lucky to still be in this right now.

I really love watching the Panthers defense. Very jealous of their LB's. If Newton didn't celebrate so much with that cocky look on his face I'd actually enjoy him too. At the same time he's just having fun I guess

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Colts have had 4 drive and this is Lucks stat line in first quarter

1/5 3 yards 0TD 1INT 1 sack 0 QB rating

Although Cam is not doing any better..seriously how the F are they undefeated with his horrible play

1/9 13 yards 0TD 0INt 39.6 rating

Smellyman

Reaction score
2Cool4School":v48fmdru said:
Man luck is just a trash QB, why would anyone say he is the next aaron rodgers?

After yesterday maybe he is the next Matt Cassel. :lol:

ringless

Reaction score
The rain in this game! Wow. Biblical

But I live in the desert.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
IDK whos worse in this game...Luck or Cam..jesus

Luck
4/10 37yards 1INT 11.2 QB rating

Cam
3/13 31 yards 1INt 7.5 QB rating

Cyrus12

Reaction score
might have to do with the Seattle weather they are having..Put in Matt H he is used to it!!.but Chuckstrong will likely just be gone if they lose tonight...Probably wished they kept Arians but it would not have looked good at the time.

ringless

Reaction score
I thought AZ's pass rush was bad.

The Colts pass rush is non-existent. I haven't watched many of their games but who are their playmakers on defense?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Not too much longer until Luck works on his garbage time stats.

mrblitz

Reaction score
you hear that? ...gruden saying he thinks luck is hurt.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Gruden "I have to believe Andrew Luck is hurt"

The dude is completely healthy. Gruden and the media will make excuses for him even if there is not one iota of evidence. Crikey