Weekly fire Bevell Wishful thinking

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm just shocked we actually threw a jump ball to Graham for a TD. Amazing how that works isnt it.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Given our opponent, the OL played about as well as we could expect them to. Russ had some mistakes, which is not good, so he has to shoulder some blame here. The problem is, without him we would be absolutely screwed. Around the end of the first half, he was putting up a herculean effort and making crazy throws while getting swallowed by Rams DL.

However, even the commentators were asking why there were no run/pass options on those critical third and shorts? It also seemed like the Rams DBs were plastered to ours. Separation was hard to come by, especially when they were in man coverage. Russ needs to run more IMO, whether that's the zone read or scrambles. The playcall for the Tanner flea flicker was horrific. I know the execution was bad but WHY did we need to pull that out on the first play of that drive??

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2aqiz00s said:
I am at the forefront of the fire bevell torch brigade, but the offense today was lack of execution 80% and shit play calls 20. We had some good misdirection, some nice short passing hot route stuff going on. Wilson (whom I'm 100% down with) had some miscues, and we had some recievers not getting the grabs. Defense depth earned their pay today, especially the secondary.

Overall, didn't think we would win this but we did playing the type of keep it close hawk ball we have grown accustomed to.

Huge friggin win in my book, and our biggest weaknesses looked decent which makes me feel better long term (except that few odihambo misses totally due to zone blocking scheme that he should have thrown in the trash when he saw the defensive line set). F ZBS!!!

This and this. Thought the offense started making some good plays and calls until the 3rd. Someone mentioned in the gameday thread that after our last possession of the game that we hadn't gotten a first down since somewhere around 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. That is a problem and kept LA in the game.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
He just helped orchestrate a signature Seahawk win. That's exactly how Pete draws it up. Hard to take the OP serious on this one.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
renofox":1jhw7win said:
NFSeahawks628":1jhw7win said:
getnasty":1jhw7win said:
I know there's room for improvement but this offense is just gonna be bad until Russ can trust the OL a little. He's missing a lot of open receivers because instead of setting his feet and throwing the ball he just wants to dance around and it's hard to fault him.

I laughed at the post above you, honestly who asks what plays Bevell is missing on. Uhhh most of them?

I agree Wilson needs to learn to trust his offensive line more now that they are blocking for him.

I think the offensive line has been playing better but he still has that internal clock in his head.

The Seahawks had a grand total of two (2) first downs in the 2nd half.

I agree that RW is not at the top of his game, but this stat speaks for itself.

Against a Rams Defense that gave up ~30 points each to the 49ers, Cowboys, and Redskins, 2 first downs in the entire 2nd half is unacceptable and is ultimately the responsibility of the coaches.

This is the point I've been trying to make though. I'm 100% in agreement with you, gotta put your foot on their throat when you have the chance.

Good win for sure against the Rams.

Wilson played good enough after the early INT. I'm also hesitant to put full blame on him because he's compliant and ultimately not calling plays.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":nuwavenr said:
edogg23":nuwavenr said:
This offense is pure garbage. The bengals fired Ken Zampese and it has saved their season. Please Paul Allen or Schneider, save us from mediocrity. With the Seahawks bye week next week let’s do it :)

Offense was pure dogshit today.

After we went up 13-10 our offense with about 5 minutes left in the third here is what our offense did.....

3 plays -2 yards Punt 2:20
3 plays 3 yards PUNT 1:03
3 plays 8 yards PUNT 1:45
4 plays 3 yards FG 1:37 (they should of gone for it and not punted but its pete so of course..lets not just try to win with one play)

4 Posessions of 13 plays 12 yards 3 punts and a FG set up by the defense that the offense had no part in

1 play -1 yard KNEEL TO END GAME

WTF IS THIS CRAP

The defense played out of their minds and the offense tried everything in their power to lose the game.

Bro, you know it!

Good post.

ivotuk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2ke8vqb7 said:
johnnyfever":2ke8vqb7 said:
I am at the forefront of the fire bevell torch brigade, but the offense today was lack of execution 80% and shit play calls 20. We had some good misdirection, some nice short passing hot route stuff going on. Wilson (whom I'm 100% down with) had some miscues, and we had some recievers not getting the grabs. Defense depth earned their pay today, especially the secondary.

Overall, didn't think we would win this but we did playing the type of keep it close hawk ball we have grown accustomed to.

Huge friggin win in my book, and our biggest weaknesses looked decent which makes me feel better long term (except that few odihambo misses totally due to zone blocking scheme that he should have thrown in the trash when he saw the defensive line set). F ZBS!!!

This and this. Thought the offense started making some good plays and calls until the 3rd. Someone mentioned in the gameday thread that after our last possession of the game that we hadn't gotten a first down since somewhere around 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. That is a problem and kept LA in the game.

I approve these statements

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":dnw1sc5y said:
He just helped orchestrate a signature Seahawk win. That's exactly how Pete draws it up. Hard to take the OP serious on this one.

99995 full

Broken violin 1 8 14

Smashed guitar 29027124

Pianokeys

Yep his Orchestra played well ..............

OP
OP
E

edogg23

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1939fmdd said:
So Pete wants to lose the game? Seahawks got lucky at the end, that receiver had 2 steps on the defender in the end zone but was lead a couple inches too far. You are delusional, no joke.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":16qm3w3z said:
Siouxhawk":16qm3w3z said:

99995 full

Broken violin 1 8 14

Smashed guitar 29027124

Pianokeys

Yep his Orchestra played well ..............

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha omg can't breathe. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Dysfunctional teams fire coaches mid-season

Bevel operates based on Pete's philosophy. Score points then win with defense. We win football games, I don't see the reason for complaint. When we need to score points we do. We rarely lose a game by more than 10 points. Compare us to the Patriots maybe but with so little spent on offense, you're basically asking for a perfect team

hawk45

Reaction score
Offense adjusted and got it done by the 2nd quarter. Stayed on the field despite mismatch in the trenches.

Zero problems with Bevell or Russ today.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":411vx7hw said:

Yeah really killed it with final 4 drives. Lucky their WR dropped a pass in the end zone. 5 takeaways by the defense without much to show for it. Keep doing your schtick though prelag.

OP
OP
E

edogg23

Reaction score
hawk45":2z0qg2ze said:
Offense adjusted and got it done by the 2nd quarter. Stayed on the field despite mismatch in the trenches.

Got it done by the second quarter? This game was tied 10-10 at the half! It took a second half shutout with turnovers and n easy missed field goal for us to win.

hawk45

Reaction score
edogg23":2czuwtd2 said:
hawk45":2czuwtd2 said:

Got it done by the second quarter? This game was tied 10-10 at the half! It took a second half shutout with turnovers and n easy missed field goal for us to win.

Should have said got it done in the 2nd quarter.

vs the Rams 16 pts exceeded my expectations.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1og7avlq said:

Bevel operates based on Pete's philosophy. Score points then win with defense. We win football games, I don't see the reason for complaint. When we need to score points we do. We rarely lose a game by more than 10 points. Compare us to the Patriots maybe but with so little spent on offense, you're basically asking for a perfect team

So the Ravens team that won the superbowl firing their OC was dysfunctional..ok :D

Also in typical Seahawk style our offense didnt even get onto the field until the 2nd quarter.

In 5 games we have 9 points in the 1st quarter. That is unacceptable. Only 36 points total in the first half. We CANNOT keep starting super slow in games. Offense needs to figure it out. 7ish points avg first half is god awful

NJlargent

Reaction score
The offense played ok. However, their inability to take some pressure off the defense in the second half was disappointing. Defense was spectacular, I had a hunch they would play this game with swagger.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":q1nkbs9t said:
Scorpion05":q1nkbs9t said:

So the Ravens team that won the superbowl firing their OC was dysfunctional..ok :D

Also in typical Seahawk style our offense didnt even get onto the field until the 2nd quarter.

In 5 games we have 9 points in the 1st quarter. That is unacceptable. Only 36 points total in the first half. We CANNOT keep starting super slow in games. Offense needs to figure it out. 7ish points avg first half is god awful

Okay great

If you're willing to gamble the team's future by firing a coordinator mid-season because you can find one example that worked, sure. But more often than not it doesn't. What people like yourself seem to miss about that kind of idealism is, ultimately no one on this forum has to pay the price if the wrong decision is made. This team is a regular playoff team, and usually is top 10(or near top 10) in scoring or offense. We're not bottom of the league garbage. I get that we're passionate about the team but I find a lot of fans lack perspective with all of this. We have an identity. If our expensive defense stops doing their job then I'll question the coaches

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We controlled the rhythm and tempo of the game. Had some really nice drives that gave us a time of possession big advantage and good field position. Defense had plenty of rest and oftentimes started with the Rams' backs to their own endzone. Ultimately the defense was tasked with protecting the lead and they did that. If you've paid attention to the Seahawks, that's how we produce wins.

OP
OP
E

edogg23

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2zojs8fc said:
We controlled the rhythm and tempo of the game. Had some really nice drives that gave us a time of possession big advantage and good field position. Defense had plenty of rest and oftentimes started with the Rams' backs to their own endzone. Ultimately the defense was tasked with protecting the lead and they did that. If you've paid attention to the Seahawks, that's how we produce wins.
We won the field position battle because of turnovers, not the offense. Keep drinking the crazy kookaid :179422: