Weekly fire Bevell Wishful thinking

Scorpion05

Reaction score
edogg23":enrrfzy5 said:
Siouxhawk":enrrfzy5 said:
We controlled the rhythm and tempo of the game. Had some really nice drives that gave us a time of possession big advantage and good field position. Defense had plenty of rest and oftentimes started with the Rams' backs to their own endzone. Ultimately the defense was tasked with protecting the lead and they did that. If you've paid attention to the Seahawks, that's how we produce wins.
We won the field position battle because of turnovers, not the offense. Keep drinking the crazy kookaid :179422:

Ummm..we won time of possession, and was winning time of possession for most of the game, despite Wade Phillips' adjustments. This isn't about winning arguments or drinking kool aid it's just about having a fair perspective

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3esnyl4b said:
We controlled the rhythm and tempo of the game. Had some really nice drives that gave us a time of possession big advantage and good field position. Defense had plenty of rest and oftentimes started with the Rams' backs to their own endzone. Ultimately the defense was tasked with protecting the lead and they did that. If you've paid attention to the Seahawks, that's how we produce wins.

I was for the most part fine with the offense. Probably wouldn't be salty right now about them if they would have gotten that last first down and I would have forgotten the previous 3 three and outs.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
13 possessions - 241 yards for an average of 18.5 yards per possession and a grand total of 16 points. In addition, the defense got the ball back to the offense with 5 turnovers.

Turnover #1 - We got the ball at our own 20 8 plays 29 yards punt
Turnover #2 - we got the ball at their 30 4 plays 15 yards intercepted
Turnover #2- We got the ball at our own 29 3 plays -2 yards punt
Turnover #3 We got the ball at their 46 3 plays 8 yards punt
Turnover #4 We got the ball at their 20 4 plays 3 yards field goal YESSSS! a field goal

So we get 5 turnovers and run a total of 22 plays and gain 53 yards and score 1 field goal and somehow the offense did its job? There are way too many delusional people on this site. Its entertaining but delusional.

How is any of that acceptable to anyone? How is 5 turnovers, 3 in Rams territory and netting 3 total points even remotely close to acceptable?

chris98251

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":1mgnnfj2 said:
13 possessions - 241 yards for an average of 18.5 yards per possession and a grand total of 16 points. In addition, the defense got the ball back to the offense with 5 turnovers.

Turnover #4 We got the ball at their 20 4 plays 3 yards field goal YESSSS! a field goal

So we get 5 turnovers and run a total of 22 plays and gain 53 yards and score 1 field goal and somehow the offense did its job? There are way too many delusional people on this site. Its entertaining but delusional.

How is any of that acceptable to anyone? How is 5 turnovers, 3 in Rams territory and netting 3 total points even remotely close to acceptable?

The only acceptable part is it stopped them from scoring or it could have been ugly.

Threedee

Reaction score
If firing Bevell midseason is a problem, there was always the offseason. And last offseason. And the offseason before that. Bevell didn't just start to be a cretinous moron yesterday.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Threedee":bw84wxlm said:
If firing Bevell midseason is a problem, there was always the offseason. And last offseason. And the offseason before that. Bevell didn't just start to be a cretinous moron yesterday.

^^ firing midseason makes zero sense... who takes over? And now a completely different scheme on the fly? Just use that 6'7" in seam routes instead of underneath/check down rights please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":2nc9ww4b said:
Threedee":2nc9ww4b said:

^^ firing midseason makes zero sense... who takes over? And now a completely different scheme on the fly? Just use that 6'7" in seam routes instead of underneath/check down rights please.

How about letting Wilson call his own plays and work with Cable.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":1fpslpoo said:

This man keeps it real!! Be a Seahawks fan. Don't be a homer, delusional homer.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":3dwf2m8n said:

It's not delusional. What you are doing is picking apart one part of the game

We dominated time of possession. So if the turnovers reflect that we didn't hold the ball for long, that means that when we didn't have turnovers the offense operated on a solid level. Otherwise, we wouldn't have dominated time of possession for much of the game. Then we stalled on some drives which evened it out a bit

Wade Phillips adjustments plus Pete's conservative approach when we have a lead is why we weren't aggressive. Pete would rather punt than risk a turnover

So yes, it's nice we had 5 turnovers. We also turned over the ball twice. But overall, despite that the offense DID convert third downs for much of the game and control the tempo. That is not delusional, that is an objective, fair, logical analysis of the game

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Scorpion05":tligedja said:
WilsonMVP":tligedja said:
Scorpion05":tligedja said:
Dysfunctional teams fire coaches mid-season

Bevel operates based on Pete's philosophy. Score points then win with defense. We win football games, I don't see the reason for complaint. When we need to score points we do. We rarely lose a game by more than 10 points. Compare us to the Patriots maybe but with so little spent on offense, you're basically asking for a perfect team

So the Ravens team that won the superbowl firing their OC was dysfunctional..ok :D

Also in typical Seahawk style our offense didnt even get onto the field until the 2nd quarter.

In 5 games we have 9 points in the 1st quarter. That is unacceptable. Only 36 points total in the first half. We CANNOT keep starting super slow in games. Offense needs to figure it out. 7ish points avg first half is god awful

Okay great

If you're willing to gamble the team's future by firing a coordinator mid-season because you can find one example that worked, sure. But more often than not it doesn't. What people like yourself seem to miss about that kind of idealism is, ultimately no one on this forum has to pay the price if the wrong decision is made. This team is a regular playoff team, and usually is top 10(or near top 10) in scoring or offense. We're not bottom of the league garbage. I get that we're passionate about the team but I find a lot of fans lack perspective with all of this. We have an identity. If our expensive defense stops doing their job then I'll question the coaches
Wrong. You are taking a gamble this season by NOT firing your severely underperforming OC!
His offense is bottom of the barrel, no place to go but up if he is fired!

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3e23n0vq said:
It's not delusional. What you are doing is picking apart one part of the game

We dominated time of possession. So if the turnovers reflect that we didn't hold the ball for long, that means that when we didn't have turnovers the offense operated on a solid level. Otherwise, we wouldn't have dominated time of possession for much of the game. Then we stalled on some drives which evened it out a bit

Wade Phillips adjustments plus Pete's conservative approach when we have a lead is why we weren't aggressive. Pete would rather punt than risk a turnover

So yes, it's nice we had 5 turnovers. We also turned over the ball twice. But overall, despite that the offense DID convert third downs for much of the game and control the tempo. That is not delusional, that is an objective, fair, logical analysis of the game

We won time of possession by 2 minutes and 32 seconds and we were +3 on turnovers. We had 15 1st downs on 13 possessions. Excuse me while I pinch myself.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Just say again, Rams with zero O did same thing to us for years. Completely happy about O today, absolutely not. But they did sustain drives at times to spell the D. I mean we actually got a first down on initial drive of the game, thats exorcist head spinning kinda like actually splitting Jimmy out wide in single coverage on the goal line. I can live with the last drive to hit last field goal with time and the way D was playing. The 2 worst plays, IMO, were Rawls completely not recognizing his role on pre half drive and the 3rd and 2 after Earls pick. What happened to read option? Russ doesn't have to take it 99% of time but at least keeps D honest, helps O line, and opens actual RB yardage.

Threedee

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":z0sbwj9i said:
Threedee":z0sbwj9i said:

So, move away from Bevell's play-calling with Bevell?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Bevell probably called one of his better overall games. The offense got just enough key first downs and sustained drives in the first half that allowed our D to get enough of a rest to play well in the second half. I did get worried with all the 3 and outs in the late stages of the game, but the Rams have a terrific D themselves. Thankfully our D had just enough left in the tank to finish out the game.

If our OL can suck a little less each game (looking at you, Odhiambo) there is hope.

Bevell was not the problem today. They tore up the script that they used in Tennessee, thank God.

I'll take it.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Delusional? I think the real head-scratcher is the usual sect of supposed know-it-alls who bellyache right away in the aftermath of a game you could sense us taking control of. And a big game at that. Time after time Bevell called successful plays to move the chains and grind the clock. This while operating behind a line that sometimes looked superb and gave Russ loads of protection, other times inexplicably whiffing on a blitz that left Russ a sitting duck.

Just have to say that the stance of those grumbling like this is hard to take serious anymore.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2xwkbap0 said:
Time after time Bevell called successful plays to move the chains and grind the clock .

I raughed out roud reading this gem.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Aw Mang":12zvs6bv said:
Siouxhawk":12zvs6bv said:
Time after time Bevell called successful plays to move the chains and grind the clock .

I raughed out roud reading this gem.
I like to "raugh" too after a hard-earned division road win.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Recall in the second half we had a first down stolen from us by the refs on the phantom phony OPI call on Tanner McEvoy. That looked to be the start of a good drive. Stolen. Bad reffing is not under Bevell's control. It was a good play and play call stolen by a bogus call.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":105bh038 said:
Delusional? I think the real head-scratcher is the usual sect of supposed know-it-alls who bellyache right away in the aftermath of a game you could sense us taking control of. And a big game at that. Time after time Bevell called successful plays to move the chains and grind the clock. This while operating behind a line that sometimes looked superb and gave Russ loads of protection, other times inexplicably whiffing on a blitz that left Russ a sitting duck.

Just have to say that the stance of those grumbling like this is hard to take serious anymore.

You could sense us taking control of the game? We won because a rookie dropped a pass in the end zone that he would probably catch 7 or 8 out of 10 times. That is not "taking control of the game." That is sheer luck. And we needed it even after 5 takeaways. If I am on this defense, I am PISSED.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":31dfy4tj said:

The same names are also attached to posts saying we had "no chance" to beat the Rams today, and that posters were "delusional" who believed the Hawks might actually have a chance--just see the score predictions thread! Claims from such posters should be suspect from the start from now on because what they are "sure" of is only in their own minds, not reality. This was proven today. I thoroughly enjoyed the win today, and it should deflate the hubris of some around here who think they know best; they don't.

The O played very conservatively to preserve the great work the D was doing (until that last drive). People may not like this philosophy, but it earned a win against a strong Rams team. Absolutely no reason exists to upset the apple cart mis-season.