Weekly fire Bevell Wishful thinking

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":2amzgvje said:
13 possessions - 241 yards for an average of 18.5 yards per possession and a grand total of 16 points. In addition, the defense got the ball back to the offense with 5 turnovers.

Turnover #1 - We got the ball at our own 20 8 plays 29 yards punt
Turnover #2 - we got the ball at their 30 4 plays 15 yards intercepted
Turnover #2- We got the ball at our own 29 3 plays -2 yards punt
Turnover #3 We got the ball at their 46 3 plays 8 yards punt
Turnover #4 We got the ball at their 20 4 plays 3 yards field goal YESSSS! a field goal

So we get 5 turnovers and run a total of 22 plays and gain 53 yards and score 1 field goal and somehow the offense did its job? There are way too many delusional people on this site. Its entertaining but delusional.

How is any of that acceptable to anyone? How is 5 turnovers, 3 in Rams territory and netting 3 total points even remotely close to acceptable?

Sad thing is the defense and special teams literally set them up for 6 points at least, and they couldnt even do that right. And also had a turnover which put the rams in FG range I believe.

Also outside of the last 2 drives before the half and the drive after the half the offense was so bad.....taking those 3 out...

6 plays 4 yards 2:56 PUNT
8 plays 29 yards 4:16 PUNT
1 Play 0 yards :11 INT
3 Plays 3 yards 1:47 PUNT
4 Plays 15 yards 2:01 INT
3 plays -2 yards 2:20 PUNT
3 plays 3 yards 1:03 PUNT
3 plays 8 yards 1:45 PUNT
4 plays 3 yards 1:37 FG

You guys have GOT to be kidding me with being happy about this offensive performance. This is the same crap that happens almost every game. Defense keeps us in it, or gets turnovers and the offense usually does JUST ENOUGH to win the game, with like, 2 drives, usually at the end of the half or end of the game. Its pissing me off

SEVEN DRIVES that didnt even get 10 yards, ONLY ONE OF THOSE past 5 yards

Our offense decided to only show up for last half of the 2nd quarter and starting 3rd quarter. Outside of that they were on a milk carton.. MISSING

Optimus25

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":38oh3h8v said:
Siouxhawk":38oh3h8v said:
Delusional? I think the real head-scratcher is the usual sect of supposed know-it-alls who bellyache right away in the aftermath of a game you could sense us taking control of. And a big game at that. Time after time Bevell called successful plays to move the chains and grind the clock. This while operating behind a line that sometimes looked superb and gave Russ loads of protection, other times inexplicably whiffing on a blitz that left Russ a sitting duck.

Just have to say that the stance of those grumbling like this is hard to take serious anymore.

The same names are also attached to posts saying we had "no chance" to beat the Rams today, and that posters were "delusional" who believed the Hawks might actually have a chance--just see the score predictions thread! Claims from such posters should be suspect from the start from now on because what they are "sure" of is only in their own minds, not reality. This was proven today. I thoroughly enjoyed the win today, and it should deflate the hubris of some around here who think they know best; they don't.

The O played very conservatively to preserve the great work the D was doing (until that last drive). People may not like this philosophy, but it earned a win against a strong Rams team. Absolutely no reason exists to upset the apple cart mis-season.

I think there's a reasonable middle ground there. Bevell deserves some flame and many times i think it's perfectly justified for folks here to question what they see.

But i agree that to come after him after excellent performances the past two weeks may prove an unfair, illogical bias.

But beware of the''some around here think they know best'' rhetoric because I for one called bevell out hard three weeks ago.

I stated the below in numerous threads:

Why can't we ever develop a quick passing game?. It's the obvious answer to our O line.

Why can't we develop a decent 50/50 ball between Russ and Jimmy?. Why was Russ throwing jump balls for Jimmy three yards out of bounds when that's the easiest pass in football?. Had it not been practiced?

Why was Lockett virtually invisible as a receiver?. Why not even 1 jet sweep?. Why isn't the ball getting into the hands of the fastest guy on the field until garbage time?

Among other things... And right there i see three things that essentially moved the ball and won the game for us.

Do I not know the obvious, ie, best?. And I'll tell you there are people throwing shade smarter than me for sure.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Lockett did have a jet sweep that got a first down. I think it was on the TD drive.

Also, does anyone really feel like we had control of the game. Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked that we won, but it came down to the last play. If the O could have got one first down on the penultimate or last possessions, we would've iced the game. It didn't happen though.

The whole Bevell calling the plays that helped us grind out the points in the second quarter isn't fully true. Wilson was pulling first downs out of his ass on that drive. It was incredible but also really sad to see how damn difficult operating in this offense is for him. Seriously, it seemed like Goff had lots of options on most plays and could move through his reads to convert quite a few 3rd and longs. I get he had a bad day overall, but you can see the difference in the previous games this season. Whenever Russ drops back it just doesn't seem easy to find a completion at all on 75% of the plays. I don't know why it is that way but I wish it wasn't

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Bevell was good at times yesterday (thought the TD drive in the 2nd was awesome), and he was downright awful at times yesterday (the last couple possessions to close out the game were a joke). The offense still stinks and I dont think anybody can deny that. As great as the D played yesterday, it still took us a miracle drop by a Rams WR for us to even win. Thats the scary part. We were never in control of that game and we should have been.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":38vq2qnh said:
Scorpion05":38vq2qnh said:
It's not delusional. What you are doing is picking apart one part of the game

We dominated time of possession. So if the turnovers reflect that we didn't hold the ball for long, that means that when we didn't have turnovers the offense operated on a solid level. Otherwise, we wouldn't have dominated time of possession for much of the game. Then we stalled on some drives which evened it out a bit

Wade Phillips adjustments plus Pete's conservative approach when we have a lead is why we weren't aggressive. Pete would rather punt than risk a turnover

So yes, it's nice we had 5 turnovers. We also turned over the ball twice. But overall, despite that the offense DID convert third downs for much of the game and control the tempo. That is not delusional, that is an objective, fair, logical analysis of the game

We won time of possession by 2 minutes and 32 seconds and we were +3 on turnovers. We had 15 1st downs on 13 possessions. Excuse me while I pinch myself.

Yes, against a defense we always struggle against

The Dallas Cowboys, with their weapons, RB, and O-line struggled in the 2nd half because guess what? Wade Phillips has been great against almost every team he's faced so far with adjustments

Our offense talent wise is overmatched by the Rams defense. We did an adequate job and won an ugly game. You should pinch yourself because your observation isn't reflective of the rest of the NFL. Teams win ugly games like this even with that kind of turnover margin

Smellyman

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1ia1ggqo said:
Bevell was good at times yesterday (thought the TD drive in the 2nd was awesome), and he was downright awful at times yesterday (the last couple possessions to close out the game were a joke). The offense still stinks and I dont think anybody can deny that. As great as the D played yesterday, it still took us a miracle drop by a Rams WR for us to even win. Thats the scary part. We were never in control of that game and we should have been.

That was all Wilson. I have never seen a drive that was so hard. Despite the OC RW willed that ball in tho the endzone.

Ozzy

Reaction score
BigMeach":dlt4uodq said:
Can someone please tell me a point in todays game where Bevell called a bad play? Actually since it's such a point of contension I'd expect 10 specific, easy to point out, bad play calls per game.

The only issue I saw today was the offensive execution and RW making some bad throws. While I agree that Bevell iritates the hell out of me sometimes, a lot of people here act like replacing him would suddenly make our offense amazing.

The play calling at the end of the game when you have a chance to finish them was absolutely embarrassing. 2 runs and short throw no where near the end zone. They decided to play it really safe, settle for the field goal and put their defense in a must stop situation. It was a horrible idea that was bailed out by a missed TD from Cupp. I really do think replacing Bevell would instantly breathe life into the offense. Pete is too loyal and stubborn at this point to admit and I love Pete as much as anyone but he dropped the ball and continues to drop the ball here.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2bw115pn said:
We controlled the rhythm and tempo of the game. Had some really nice drives that gave us a time of possession big advantage and good field position. Defense had plenty of rest and oftentimes started with the Rams' backs to their own endzone. Ultimately the defense was tasked with protecting the lead and they did that. If you've paid attention to the Seahawks, that's how we produce wins.

Sioux were you ok with the last offensive possession? I have a dozen or more really smart football guys that were absolutely baffled by the play calling there when you could of sealed a win. I know you love Bevell but I think you admitting when he does make mistakes would go a long way in people being more receptive of what he does do right.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2xo4tmnf said:
bevellisthedevil":2xo4tmnf said:
13 possessions - 241 yards for an average of 18.5 yards per possession and a grand total of 16 points. In addition, the defense got the ball back to the offense with 5 turnovers.

Turnover #4 We got the ball at their 20 4 plays 3 yards field goal YESSSS! a field goal

So we get 5 turnovers and run a total of 22 plays and gain 53 yards and score 1 field goal and somehow the offense did its job? There are way too many delusional people on this site. Its entertaining but delusional.

How is any of that acceptable to anyone? How is 5 turnovers, 3 in Rams territory and netting 3 total points even remotely close to acceptable?

Sad thing is the defense and special teams literally set them up for 6 points at least, and they couldnt even do that right. And also had a turnover which put the rams in FG range I believe.

Also outside of the last 2 drives before the half and the drive after the half the offense was so bad.....taking those 3 out...

You guys have GOT to be kidding me with being happy about this offensive performance. This is the same crap that happens almost every game. Defense keeps us in it, or gets turnovers and the offense usually does JUST ENOUGH to win the game, with like, 2 drives, usually at the end of the half or end of the game. Its pissing me off

Our offense decided to only show up for last half of the 2nd quarter and starting 3rd quarter. Outside of that they were on a milk carton.. MISSING

What you said is accurate, except for the whole leaving out 3 good drives thing you just did

Most teams win based on just that. 3 or 4 good drives. Most football games end in a score of say, 17-10, or in the low 20s. Every now and then, both teams score 30. So what would have been adequate for you, maybe one more TD? Fine, that'd be great

We scored 16 points. So basically your logic is, because we didn't score 28, or 30, our offense is horrible? It needs work sure, all I'm saying is...let's not pretend as if this was a 9-3 game. The score card is pretty common with what happens across the league consistently. This does not mean some of us are satisfied, of course we have a high scoring offense. A high scoring offense would make us a perfect team. But let's not pretend as if us not scoring almost 30 points is out of the norm

What I was truly disappointed in was the last drive. We should have iced the game. That was pitiful

Hawks46

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":39j143sc said:
I would love to see this team with a competent OC.

I wonder if half of Wilson's supposed problems are the result of having such an incompetent OC.

The only guy on the offense worth a damn is Baldwin. The rest I could take or leave.

But I think it is more the result of the guy calling the plays than the guy running them on the field.

This was a great game by the Defense and another example of what a joke our offense is.

Typical exaggeration.

Britt is a good Center. Richardson is showing he's a legit #2 WR when he stays on the field, and Lockett is as well. Graham is still elite, we just don't utilize him correctly and play to his strengths.

Oh, and there's that cat, Russell WIlson. Funny how you can disparage the entire OL, yet say Wilson is crap for playing behind it and the only good player is Baldwin (who gets passes from WIlson). Your comment lost any legitimacy right here.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":ifsivu9t said:
Siouxhawk":ifsivu9t said:
We controlled the rhythm and tempo of the game. Had some really nice drives that gave us a time of possession big advantage and good field position. Defense had plenty of rest and oftentimes started with the Rams' backs to their own endzone. Ultimately the defense was tasked with protecting the lead and they did that. If you've paid attention to the Seahawks, that's how we produce wins.

Sioux were you ok with the last offensive possession? I have a dozen or more really smart football guys that were absolutely baffled by the play calling there when you could of sealed a win. I know you love Bevell but I think you admitting when he does make mistakes would go a long way in people being more receptive of what he does do right.
Yes, I'm fine with it because it is what Pete dictates. We had the 3 in the bag, meaning they would have to score a touchdown to win. The identity of our team is defense, so we were forcing the Rams to drive 75 yards with a minute left on the clock. That's what we're built to do, close out those games. It worked and we picked up a tremendous win.

Also, Doug was inches from making a toe drag that would have been a first down to seal the win.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Scorpion05":13emfcph said:
WilsonMVP":13emfcph said:
bevellisthedevil":13emfcph said:

What you said is accurate, except for the whole leaving out 3 good drives thing you just did

Most teams win based on just that. 3 or 4 good drives. Most football games end in a score of say, 17-10, or in the low 20s. Every now and then, both teams score 30. So what would have been adequate for you, maybe one more TD? Fine, that'd be great

We scored 16 points. So basically your logic is, because we didn't score 28, or 30, our offense is horrible? It needs work sure, all I'm saying is...let's not pretend as if this was a 9-3 game. The score card is pretty common with what happens across the league consistently. This does not mean some of us are satisfied, of course we have a high scoring offense. A high scoring offense would make us a perfect team. But let's not pretend as if us not scoring almost 30 points is out of the norm

What I was truly disappointed in was the last drive. We should have iced the game. That was pitiful

3 of those points came because of the defense getting a turnover. They ALSO turned the ball over after special teams handed them FG range position at Rams 30 yard line, and they ALSO handed the rams 3 points by throwing an interception setting the rams up at the SEATTLE 19. In the past two games we have allowed 28 points.....8 of those have been directly because of the offense and then the defense itself has scored 2TD and set up a FG by INT

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":22b9uk9t said:
austinslater25":22b9uk9t said:
Siouxhawk":22b9uk9t said:

Yes, I'm fine with it because it is what Pete dictates. We had the 3 in the bag, meaning they would have to score a touchdown to win. The identity of our team is defense, so we were forcing the Rams to drive 75 yards with a minute left on the clock. That's what we're built to do, close out those games. It worked and we picked up a tremendous win.

Also, Doug was inches from making a toe drag that would have been a first down to seal the win.

I wanted them to go for it. You get 2 yards the game is over and if you dont they start at their own 10 yard line or so with 1 min 10 sec to go with no TOs. Instead we kicked a FG went up 6 and they started at their own 25 and should of won the game in the last seconds

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2tzrn32e said:
Siouxhawk":2tzrn32e said:
austinslater25":2tzrn32e said:
Siouxhawk":2tzrn32e said:

I wanted them to go for it. You get 2 yards the game is over and if you dont they start at their own 10 yard line or so with 1 min 10 sec to go with no TOs. Instead we kicked a FG went up 6 and they started at their own 25 and should of won the game in the last seconds
But if we don't pick up the 2, they only need to get into field goal range for a tie game. I think Pete made the right choice.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":w6uj9n8k said:
WilsonMVP":w6uj9n8k said:
Siouxhawk":w6uj9n8k said:
austinslater25":w6uj9n8k said:

But if we don't pick up the 2, they only need to get into field goal range for a tie game. I think Pete made the right choice.

Sometimes you have to have balls and go for it. Its not 4th and 10 its 4th and 2 at Rams 10 and you are ahead. And lets not act like Walsh is mr automatic.....that wasnt an auto 3 points either. God Forbid our offense actually have to do something for a win though. People would be ripping our D if we lost too which would be rediculous.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The same Walsh who has ONE missed FG this year and went 3 for 3 yesterday? 23 Teams have kickers that have missed at least one field goal.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
To each their own. I liked the decision to make the kick and leave them a minute with no timeouts to drive the length of the field for a needed touchdown. We gave them the middle of the field. They had 1 good crack at the end zone, but we prevailed. Couldn't be more pleased with the win.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3eggtgis said:
Siouxhawk":3eggtgis said:
WilsonMVP":3eggtgis said:
Siouxhawk":3eggtgis said:

Sometimes you have to have balls and go for it. Its not 4th and 10 its 4th and 2 at Rams 10 and you are ahead. And lets not act like Walsh is mr automatic.....that wasnt an auto 3 points either. God Forbid our offense actually have to do something for a win though. People would be ripping our D if we lost too which would be rediculous.

Result proves it was the right choice. Anything less is living in a fantasy land of what if's. Next?

Latest posts