Well that sucked.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I can't call Arizona lucky (all considered) but how many games should /could they have lost this year if not for a call or a ridiculously stupid mistake made by the opposition? It's like some higher power is watching over them. I'm still reeling from Philly's loss to them. No NFL player(s) or coaches should even be capable of making the mistake Philly's secondary made in handing Zona that W.

I think the Rams and Cards are about as even as any 2 teams could be. Perhaps SF (and even us...to a lesser degree) can be included in that mix. The one thing separating us all right now is Russ Wilson. When / if any of those teams, starting with the Rams then Cards then 9ers get a legit FQB, the division will be way worse of a nightmare than it already is. But until that day comes, and it shouldn't be real soon, we should control the NFCW, imo.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2taqjksq said:
HawkRiderFan":2taqjksq said:
8)
Cartire":2taqjksq said:
oregonhawkfan":2taqjksq said:
That was a pathetic display of, for lack of better words, "football". Would have been nice for the lambs to actually win and help us out but alas their yearly goal is to beat us at least once. We are their super bowl. Ahh well, anyhow, we just gotta do it ourselves like always.

WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED

I once watched a SEA @ CLE game in 2010. Ive seen worse....

Ugh, I remembe that one. A really weak holding call negated a Leon Washington punt return TD that would have won the game

Two words...Charlie Whitehurst
Two more words.......Mike Carey

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":3cogkns0 said:
I have to admit, I'm almost glad Arizona won. I want to see Fisher fired in the worst way. This helps.

As far as the game itself-

[youtube]5PDdR6LLCmY[/youtube]

There is no way the Rams fire Fisher. Not this year anyway.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Well, hopefully it at least puts Fisher one more 7-9 season closer to getting out of here. Arians put Fisher on blast yesterday, calling the Rams the "always 8-8" team (which was actually generous by one win) and claiming his team read too many of its own recent press clippings. Link.

And I'm just really getting tired of Fisher's M.O. of throwing the kitchen-sink of bush-league high variance tricks at Seattle and San Francisco while playing it safe against everyone else. I couldn't believe my eyes when he elected to kick from the 1 when all the probabilities (and the game itself) screamed to go-for-it. There is no chance he plays it that way against Seattle. Dude is on troll-level right now with regard to the Seahawks.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Aros":38odmda7 said:
Stupid Rams. The good news is the Cardinals are down to their 3rd string QB and we should still be able to win out. Next Sunday night won't be easy by any stretch but assuming they are still playing their 3rd string QB our defense should be absolutely salivating.

Neither the Rams or Cardinals have any real offense at the moment.

Are you really happy that Stanton got hurt? It seems so with you saying you are happy they are on 3rd string QB.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RedAlice":1v0bz8io said:
Aros":1v0bz8io said:
Stupid Rams. The good news is the Cardinals are down to their 3rd string QB and we should still be able to win out. Next Sunday night won't be easy by any stretch but assuming they are still playing their 3rd string QB our defense should be absolutely salivating.

Neither the Rams or Cardinals have any real offense at the moment.

Are you really happy that Stanton got hurt? It seems so with you saying you are happy they are on 3rd string QB.
Looking forward to Aros' response to this one............................

:snack:

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
They lost by six points and you guys make it sound like 21 lol. If their offense sucks like that in SEA then the outcome should be favorable for SEA.

You just never know.

NINEster

Reaction score
There was a statistic that said that teams that have a combined winning point differential over two weeks greater than 40 or 50 points are usually due for a letdown in the third game. The winning percentage for game 3 was pretty low.

I know this stat because it was brought up to me two years ago after the Niners crushed the Jets 34-0 and then the Bills 45-3. They followed those performances with a 26-3 home loss to the Giants, failing to sweep all of NY state.

So 79-3 for the Niners along with around 76-0 for the Rams, and they both lost their third game scoring a combined 9 points....falls in line. Both wins against mediocre teams, followed by a legitimately tough opponent.

People forget so easily that football is all about emotion and drive, and over the course of a season it's extremely difficult to sustain these elevated playing levels. At times talent will cover for you, which is why you might "escape" with some wins, but harder to do in the modern league. That 16-0 Patriots team was awfully talented, and caught a few breaks but not enough to win it all.

This Rams team managed to defeat the Broncos more soundly than any regular season opponent has since Peyton Manning took over. Hill didn't look so bad in it either.

The Hawks will now have to run the gauntlet against three very tough divisional defenses. Due to QB situation in AZ and having two home games remaining, it feels rather rational to see the Hawks winning out, but doesn't always work that way.

Should be interesting.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
nanomoz":c6h0dewx said:
A Ram win woulda rocked. None of the next 3 games are gimmees. These are 3 tough defenses coming up, and each team has beaten the hawks since the start of last season.
Each of the teams has lost twice to the Hawks since the start of last season, in addition each of those teams has had the Hawks beat them in their own stadium since last season. The Niners have lost 3 times to the Hawks since the beginning of last season.

My point? The team will not be overlooking anyone. The 3 games are just as winnable as they are losable only 2 of them are at home.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":28m25eer said:

If he gets embarrassed three straight to end the year I wouldn't rule it out.

RedAlice

Reaction score
kearly":7o6jqgs3 said:
Hasselbeck":7o6jqgs3 said:

If he gets embarrassed three straight to end the year I wouldn't rule it out.

I'm curious to see what he does last 2 games. He only has Giants at home. and then at Hawks.

Looking at the season as a whole, I am not unhappy with him.

But finishing this season out w 3 losses wouldl be a major issue for him.

-----

Rumors are all over, but strongest ones are Rams/Chargers to share a stadium in LA. If Fisher can't win, he won't be a part of an LA team. They won't support a losing team, and the new teams there will not be losing.

This is the quote on the bottom of a Ram's board since the Dallas game:

"Looks like Fisher does not want to accompany this team to Los Angeles next year."

Cartire

Reaction score
RedAlice":3gfmacdc said:
Rumors are all over, but strongest ones are Rams/Chargers to share a stadium in LA. If Fisher can't win, he won't be a part of an LA team. They won't support a losing team, and the new teams there will not be losing.

Are you saying the NFL WONT allow that to happen?

Or just, they wont be losing because.... (fill in the blank)