What number will Graham wear in Seattle?

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
MO Hawk":34ywxiw3 said:
Hint, I bet it won't be # 80

He likes 0's. He was 00 in college, and 80 with the Saints. The most logical next step would be 88. :sherlock:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hawkfan77":176ob0rr said:
Seahawk Sailor":176ob0rr said:
SacHawk2.0":176ob0rr said:
HawkFan72":176ob0rr said:
What numbers are even available?

#86 is definitely available.

The Saints just 86'ed him. It'll be appropriate for when we do the same in a couple of years.
Did Jimmy kick your dog or something? You apparently don't think much of him

I don't think much of him. I think one year from now most Seahawks fans will be bitching he's "soft and injury-prone" and that we gave up a first rounder for that. I'll gladly eat my words on this trade though. Hope I do, even if I don't see it.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3ec9pm8j said:
I don't think much of him. I think one year from now most Seahawks fans will be bitching he's "soft and injury-prone" and that we gave up a first rounder for that. I'll gladly eat my words on this trade though. Hope I do, even if I don't see it.
Hows that different than right now before he's even played for us?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hawkfan77":d52k5x0p said:
Seahawk Sailor":d52k5x0p said:
Hows that different than right now before he's even played for us?

It's different only in name.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1kq3d65f said:
I think TE's are limited to 80-89, and if those numbers are all taken on your roster they can wear 40-49 but not absolutely positive how it works.

Of course, 11 is fair game if we plan on making him a WR....

[urltargetblank]http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/060525[/urltargetblank]

According to this he can choose between 10-19 or 80-89

Moeaki is an UFA. He is on the roster, but as of now, unless we secretly re-signed him, that number is up for grabs. That leaves these available:

88 (assuming Moeaki is gone)

19 (assuming Walters is gone)

He can also elect to work out a deal for any of the numbers that are already taken...with the one glaring exception of course

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
kidhawk":3n6syigo said:
Hawknballs":3n6syigo said:
I think TE's are limited to 80-89, and if those numbers are all taken on your roster they can wear 40-49 but not absolutely positive how it works.

[urltargetblank]http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/060525[/urltargetblank]

Moeaki is an UFA. He is on the roster, but as of now, unless we secretly re-signed him, that number is up for grabs. That leaves these available:

He can also elect to work out a deal for any of the numbers that are already taken...with the one glaring exception of course
FIFY. 12 is not available either.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":30byl32y said:
kidhawk":30byl32y said:
Hawknballs":30byl32y said:

DOH....I went back and edited it. That's what I get for just counting numbers and not thinking it through

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
kidhawk":ffun1we3 said:
Seahwkgal":ffun1we3 said:
kidhawk":ffun1we3 said:
Hawknballs":ffun1we3 said:

DOH....I went back and edited it. That's what I get for just counting numbers and not thinking it through
It's all good. Kinda figured you had a brain fart is all.

Rocket

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":3khtwtp6 said:
MO Hawk":3khtwtp6 said:

He likes 0's. He was 00 in college, and 80 with the Saints. The most logical next step would be 88. :sherlock:

If he likes 0's, why 88? Ain't no 0's in 88, Bro.

randomation

Reaction score
Rocket":mpaby8xv said:
Snakeeyes007":mpaby8xv said:
MO Hawk":mpaby8xv said:

Depends how you think of it if you break it down 88 has 4 zeros each 8 is comprised of two :D

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
randomation":3n0vr8q2 said:
Rocket":3n0vr8q2 said:
Snakeeyes007":3n0vr8q2 said:
MO Hawk":3n0vr8q2 said:

Depends how you think of it if you break it down 88 has 4 zeros each 8 is comprised of two :D

Ah, a man who sees the whole picture! :les: Bravo, Randomation. Thank you for backing me on this. As I see it, Jimmy had 2 zeros on his jersey at Miami, 3 in New Orleans, and now possibly 4 in Seattle!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kidhawk":3hjfggv1 said:
Hawknballs":3hjfggv1 said:

That article is wrong.. It's only 40-49 and 80-89 for TE's. WR's can wear jersey numbers in the teens.

Dang3Russ

Reaction score
The Proshop is showing 0 for his jersey. Usure whether that is the number he is going with it, or just because it's still undecided. Are you even allowed to have 0 in the NFL? Can't remember even seeing that, only in the NBA.

80 should never be worn again ... Largent trumps everyone.

Either way, what ever number he chooses, it'll still look good cause it's on a Seattle Jersey!

#GoHawks

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":7jrd146b said:
kidhawk":7jrd146b said:
Hawknballs":7jrd146b said:

That article is wrong.. It's only 40-49 and 80-89 for TE's. WR's can wear jersey numbers in the teens.

I believe the reason behind them listing the 10-19 numbers is due to the fact that the league has previously allowed a non-traditional number for a player who plays multiple positions. For instance, we have two lineman who often play Tight End for blocking purposes, but they where linemen numbers (Bailey and Gilliam).

Also, for our purposes with Graham, he could easily be registered as a WR here if he desires and then lineup at either the wideout position or the more traditional TE position. The rules only call for a number change when in offensive player switches between eligible positions and ineligible positions

If a player changes his position during his playing career in the NFL, and such change moves him from a
position as an ineligible pass receiver to that of an eligible pass receiver, or from a position as an eligible
pass receiver to that of an ineligible pass receiver, he must be issued an appropriate new jersey numeral.
A change in jersey numeral is not required if the change is from an ineligible position to another ineligible
position, or from an eligible position to another eligible position, provided that the player has participated at
least one season at his position prior to the change.

original poster

Reaction score
The Proshop has him down as number 0, presume that's just a holding number until it's decided though.

drcool

Reaction score
Dang3Russ":1mu061sp said:
The Proshop is showing 0 for his jersey. Usure whether that is the number he is going with it, or just because it's still undecided. Are you even allowed to have 0 in the NFL? Can't remember even seeing that, only in the NBA.

#GoHawks

That is just a placeholder for now. As soon as he is assigned a number the graphics will update. Same thing happens with most draft picks, free agents, traded players etc. Until they have an official number "0" is used so people can start ordering. Once a number is assigned the jerseys will be printed and shipped.