What QB might we draft or sign next year? other than

Scottemojo

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3viul2di said:
I always thought Russell is a team first guy. But these rumors have kindof changed my opinion of him.
I understand football and all (injury, short career, ... etc). But I thought guy wants to win. And to win, you need a team.
I wonder if Bennet reaction is the result of Russell wanting to get paid top money, while other guys seem to have taken team friendly deals.
Making a boatload of cash is a form of winning. With a team of 1.

Bennett's reaction or feelings are because of Bennett. Nobody makes any other person react or feel any kind of way, if Bennett is reacting to Wilson's not even done deal, then he is a reactionary fool who needs better emotional control.

But it could be as simple as just like Wilson, he wants to make more money. Which as it turns out, is exactly what he said when asked about it.

I want to make more money. Don't you?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
If Russell Wilson isn't on the team in 2016 it won't matter a bit about bringing in a replacement. There will be rioting in the streets. Angry 12's will march on the VMAC with torches and sharp pointy things. Centurylink will be come a Mecca for lost and confused bandwagoners. Some will blame Ken Behring others will blame Barrack Obama. David stern will attempt to sell the team to clay Bennett and move them to Oklahoma. John Schneider will trade the next 10 1st round picks to an arena league team with the promise of signing their best player. Paul Allen will go to the Rose Garden and sit in the dark playing the blues on his guitar.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
joeseahawks":399rfwkp said:
I always thought Russell is a team first guy. But these rumors have kindof changed my opinion of him.
I understand football and all (injury, short career, ... etc). But I thought guy wants to win. And to win, you need a team.
I wonder if Bennet reaction is the result of Russell wanting to get paid top money, while other guys seem to have taken team friendly deals.
What guys looking for their first real contract takes a team friendly deal? That's ridiculous and completely ludicrous to say Wilson is not a team first guy. Do you know what has been offered to Wilson? Do you know what Wilsons agent is demanding? Then stop throwing out accusations against the guy. Unreal

McGruff

Reaction score
Tavaris Jackson is a better option than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Honestly, if for some reason Wilson is not with us (aint gonna happen), Jackson is oour best option. Given that Jackson was working with a short offseason, much younger team, and was significantly injured in 2011, there is no reason to believe we wouldn't be a playoff team with him as our QB. He fits the scheme, knows the system, and the players respect the heck out of him.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":e44a6ceq said:
joeseahawks":e44a6ceq said:
What guys looking for their first real contract takes a team friendly deal? That's ridiculous and completely ludicrous to say Wilson is not a team first guy. Do you know what has been offered to Wilson? Do you know what Wilsons agent is demanding? Then stop throwing out accusations against the guy. Unreal

Russell has been playing well above his contract for the last 3 years, and all of a sudden he shouldn't asked for a huge contract after given his all. So he sits for 3 years while all these 1st round QBs have made more than him before even taking a single snap and he should take a friendly deal? Almost half the leagues long-snappers make more than Russell.

crosfam

Reaction score
I think once we have RW extended, he will not be seen as such a young QB anymore, and we will drat one in rds 1-3 to develop. I hope we have the 32nd pick next year and consider it - thought that might be where we draft Lynch's eventual replacement.

We could always trade for Green Bay's back-up - we have done that at least twice... Hundley?

If RW is injured (oh no) - I think we still have a shot at winning it all with TJack - if we can sign him.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
McGruff":3ngfx61e said:

Honestly, if for some reason Wilson is not with us (aint gonna happen), Jackson is oour best option. Given that Jackson was working with a short offseason, much younger team, and was significantly injured in 2011, there is no reason to believe we wouldn't be a playoff team with him as our QB. He fits the scheme, knows the system, and the players respect the heck out of him.
Jackson is NOT a good option, remember that painful season in 2011? 2011 is how he has looked his entire career, he looked like the same guy he was. Remember how he failed in critical situations? It's not a stretch to say that the Hawks went 7-9 because Tarvaris Jackson couldn't seal the deal in games. In the 4th quarter he looked like a deer in the headlights. I think the guy is severely overrated around here. I would rather have Ryan Fitzpatrick over Jackson. Jackson could not even crack the Bills, whom ironically Fitzpatrick ended up starting for.

Tical21

Reaction score
I'll agree that Tarvaris is better than Fitzpatrick. 7-9 with that roster wasn't bad. Has Fitzpatrick ever won 7 games in a season? My bro-in-law is a Bills fan, so I've had to watch way more of that guy than I ought to. The interesting part is that he is a really smart guy, but he throws some of the dumbest interceptions at the worst possible times that you will ever see. I can see where he does enough good to offset that in some systems, but not ours. We value the turnover differential too greatly. We would be much more likely to take a more boring quarterback that doesn't take unnecessary chances. Look at this TD/int ratio over years. It's horrible! You can always count on that guy to turn the ball over. Also, his second biggest weakness is his arm strength. We call as many deep passes as anybody. We're all of a sudden going to switch to a short, rhythm passing game to accommodate Ryan Fitzpatrick? I think the fit here is literally the worst fit for him of any NFL team.
I would think if we became Wilson-less, we would have a competition between Tarvaris, a current lesser-known backup similar to a Whitehurst profile that we would sign or trade for, and we would probably try a short rookie again to see if we could get a bargain. You don't let Wilson walk over 20 million to just pay somebody else 15, so I can't see another good vet coming in either.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3v4wxczx said:
McGruff":3v4wxczx said:

Jackson is NOT a good option, remember that painful season in 2011? 2011 is how he has looked his entire career, he looked like the same guy he was. Remember how he failed in critical situations? It's not a stretch to say that the Hawks went 7-9 because Tarvaris Jackson couldn't seal the deal in games. In the 4th quarter he looked like a deer in the headlights. I think the guy is severely overrated around here. I would rather have Ryan Fitzpatrick over Jackson. Jackson could not even crack the Bills, whom ironically Fitzpatrick ended up starting for.

So many holes in this argument that it's ridiculous. But I guess for anyone who would rather have Patrick Fitzryan as their starting QB over Tarvaris, it seems perfectly sane.

And I do remember the 2011 season, where Tarvaris became better as, funny, the line around him came into their own and started to form a cohesive unit. Tarvaris led the team to a 5-3 record in the second half of the season, a record that would have been 6-2 had Hauschka made a gimme field goal in the season finale against Arizona. I'm not saying Tarvaris is a top 20 QB in the league or anything like that, but your impaired judgement about wanting Fitzpatrick as your starter had to be rubutted.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm assuming that Tjack will be brought in to compete at some point. I do think he has an uphill battle to beat out Daniels, who is not only more talented, but offers a ton of versatility.

hawk45

Reaction score
Tical21":1hf18num said:
I would think if we became Wilson-less, we would have a competition between Tarvaris, a current lesser-known backup similar to a Whitehurst profile that we would sign or trade for, and we would probably try a short rookie again to see if we could get a bargain. You don't let Wilson walk over 20 million to just pay somebody else 15, so I can't see another good vet coming in either.

I don't disagree the OL made Tjack's job worse his year as a starter, but what do you think about Tjack's decision-making in critical moments? In the absence of Wilson's elusiveness, I would think our OL needs a decisive QB and that Tjack is not a fit for that. Our line needs someone who can get rid of the ball relatively quickly and not make a mistake.

I just picture Tjack in those situations in the red zone where Bevell has 3 WRs in a phone booth and keeps the backside TE in instead of releasing and have a hard time convincing myself we would ever score a TD or convert a third down.

netskier

Reaction score
Might be plug and play, or not, but he may become cheap to test.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3gbimuw8 said:
joeseahawks":3gbimuw8 said:

There are a bunch of other teams that will pay Wilson what the market will bear if he were to not get franchised for two years after next year. Dude is going to get paid.

I can't think of a team that has had someone at QB with Wilson's effectiveness and young age (or even near it) and let him walk. Can someone name this player? Can someone name a QB of this caliber coming off his rookie contract that took less money than the market would allow?

If you want to live a nice house in a good school district you have to pay more for it. This is not hard.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":6m9cnx9t said:
Heres a flyer for you. What could Pete do with,dare I say it...Jonny Manziel?

Why not Tebow?

Can Marino come out of retirement?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3cskl5dw said:
Evil_Shenanigans":3cskl5dw said:

Why not Tebow?

You are so right, It's really stupid of him to consider a short improvisational quarterback. We all know that those types can't have success and it would be silly to consider making one of them our franchise QB....

Who do you think should be our QB by the way?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":5qtqvile said:
bmorepunk":5qtqvile said:
Evil_Shenanigans":5qtqvile said:

Why not Tebow?

You are so right, It's really stupid of him to consider a short improvisational quarterback. We all know that those types can't have success and it would be silly to consider making one of them our franchise QB....

Who do you think should be our QB by the way?

There's a huge difference between Manziel and Wilson. Manziel is a publicly egocentric douche who is a crappy teammate and doesn't put effort into his job. Wilson is the polar opposite. Manziel is more like Ryan Leaf and Jeff George than Russell Wilson; just because they're both about 5'10" and are great all-around athletes does not put them in the same conversation.