What QB do you want in the draft next year?

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Been saying since last year we should see if Tyler Huntley is available for a 2nd round pick.

balakoth

Reaction score
"I watched the game with a vanilla game plan and most of our third stringers in random positions"

While I dont buy the 5 win season and hope for 2...

Most of you judging shit on preseason just like every year.. is god damn hilarious

KinesProf

Reaction score
Bryce Young is my favourite, but man, is he slight.

I'm intrigued by Levis' skills, but I'm a little concerned that he's been in college since 2018 and yet still seems so unrefined and threw 13 interceptions. Maybe he can have that great final season as an older QB, like Burrow, and I'd then be all in.

Anthony Richardson, the sample size is so tiny, but what an intriguing skillset. Man oh man, if he has himself a great season I'll be sold.

If all three play great in 2022, my order of preference would be Young, Richardson, slight gap, Levis.

TVD is a dude. Stroud - there could be something there, though I'd be hesitant.

Honestly I'm just glad the Hawks have been holding their horses in anticipation of the '23 draft, and haven't been throwing cap space or draft picks away on QBs who might make you 3-4 games better than you are with Geno or Lock. Be patient, take that medicine this season.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Bryce Young is my favourite, but man, is he slight.

I'm intrigued by Levis' skills, but I'm a little concerned that he's been in college since 2018 and yet still seems so unrefined and threw 13 interceptions. Maybe he can have that great final season as an older QB, like Burrow, and I'd then be all in.

Anthony Richardson, the sample size is so tiny, but what an intriguing skillset. Man oh man, if he has himself a great season I'll be sold.

If all three play great in 2022, my order of preference would be Young, Richardson, slight gap, Levis.

TVD is a dude. Stroud - there could be something there, though I'd be hesitant.

Honestly I'm just glad the Hawks have been holding their horses in anticipation of the '23 draft, and haven't been throwing cap space or draft picks away on QBs who might make you 3-4 games better than you are with Geno or Lock. Be patient, take that medicine this season.
Levis looks good, but on the highlights I've seen he's had a fair number of passes to a wide-open guy. I can't tell if he's throwing him open or just waiting to throw after the receiver gets open. I'd like to see more film to know if he can make anticipatory throws.

GemCity

Reaction score
I like Levis but would risk the OSU curse and go with Shroud before Young.

Last thing I need is another decade of people complaining about QB height.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I'm not worried about Bryce's height as much as the fact he's under 200 pounds. He's a SKINNY dude for the NFL.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Pete's a QB whisperer, huh? He's good at developing QBs?
Never said he was a QB whisperer just disagreed with your usual attack on Carroll. Up until then I thought your earlier post was right on.

Pete and his staff developed "Wilson", successful whispering until recently when Wilson wanted to do other things than play team ball, and there were others including several of his USC QBs (Palmer, Sanchez and the others) were whispered to with varying success resulting in them getting drafted by other NFL teams. That would never matter to many here who have a closed mind about Carroll and everything that goes wrong with the team is his fault. Carroll is by far the most successful HC the team has ever had. If you want him replaced suggest a candidate who could do better.

Frankly I can't see what the team sees in 'Geno 3 and out' or why Pete thinks he is better than Lock who also is a somewhat suspect candidate. I'm doubtful Geno can be whispered to without feeling picked on. Simply haven't seen enough of Lock to make a properly informed decision yet. He did look not that bad against backups against Pitt.

Somehow I doubt they're done at the position for this year.

Last edited:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Will Levis seems to be prospect with the highest ceiling that can play in any system.

Play action, deep ball.

Nice touch over the middle.

Can option and run the ball.

Nice height and build.

Reminds me of Josh Allen and Justin Herbert.

Played for Kentucky and made his team better than the individual talents.

Levis seems to have that “It” factor.

But he hasn’t been tested in “big” games and clutch moments.

Carroll’s measuring stick usually includes those clutch/big game moments to see if he is capable of being tested and rises to the challenge.

Will have to see how this college season shakes up.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I really hope that Geno or Drew can rise to the occasion and fulfill their own individual dreams... A professional football career is short. Both of these guys have had experiences in their lives that have caused them to have "self doubt" or low self confidence. But, they are both excellent athletes that could overcome their past and really "bring something to the table" this year.

Next year we will have one of the "top choices" in the draft for a new quarterback. But, a great performance by one of the existing quarterbacks this year would really take the pressure off of a Rookie draft choice.

I would rather wait to see which athlete rises to the top in their final year as a college quarterback. We should take our top draft choice as our new quarterback. But it would be great if he could be "groomed" by our existing quarterbacks.