What QB do you want in the draft next year?

King Dog

Reaction score
I watched the game like probably most of you tonight. I was willing to buy into the Vegas 5.5 over / under initially, but no way man. No way. We're gonna be in a great spot in the draft next season. Who are you guys looking at for a QB? I'm going Will Levis at this point.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
The stupidity of everything is that this is going to be a throw away year which would be perfect to have that rookie NOW. Instead we are going to Have ANOTHER throw away year next year.

And PC will be held completely blameless by some morons here

andyh64000

Reaction score
The stupidity of everything is that this is going to be a throw away year which would be perfect to have that rookie NOW. Instead we are going to Have ANOTHER throw away year next year.

What rookie QB should the Seahawks have drafted as their franchise QB of the future?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

Have you ever, even a single time, attempted to answer the actual question posed by the thread title?

Fade

Reaction score
Gotta wait 'til December. There is a whole season of college football that has to be played first. Things change, new players emerge, some players fail to progress, guys get injured. Stay patient, scout NFL in the meantime. December/January is when to extensively break down the draftable QB cutups and see what is available.

Pete has to go first, or he will ruin the new QB coming in. Pete is no QB whisperer.

Last edited:

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
If Tyler Van Dyke can keep doing what he did last season with Miami, I don't think there's anyone else I'd rather take. IMO, he appears to be the most NFL-ready QB out of all the names being thrown out there for '23.

BlueTalon

Reaction score

Which rookie would you have wanted? This year's crop of QBs wasn't any better than Lock, and I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted to give up any of the players we actually drafted for a rookie QB just so we could have a rookie QB.

AgentDib

Reaction score
There's still an entire college football season to play but I don't know how anybody can watch Stroud and not really like him as a NFL prospect. OSU was down a couple of TDs to Utah in the Rose Bowl and he led a comeback with six passing TDs and a 200 QB rating - with both his star receivers (Wilson and Olave) sitting out to protect their draft position.

Very accurate, huge arm strength, really good anticipation, 6'2"+ and the only real drawback people can bring up on scouting sites is that he doesn't create as much with his legs as they'd like. If we can't get Stroud then there are a handful of dual threat prospects who will be interesting but my first choice is the dominant pocket passer.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
There's still an entire college football season to play but I don't know how anybody can watch Stroud and not really like him as a NFL prospect. OSU was down a couple of TDs to Utah in the Rose Bowl and he led a comeback with six passing TDs and a 200 QB rating - with both his star receivers (Wilson and Olave) sitting out to protect their draft position.

Very accurate, huge arm strength, really good anticipation, 6'2"+ and the only real drawback people can bring up on scouting sites is that he doesn't create as much with his legs as they'd like. If we can't get Stroud then there are a handful of dual threat prospects who will be interesting but my first choice is the dominant pocket passer.
The ONLY downside with Stroud right now is that he has to contend with the record that OSU quarterbacks have, but that's super flukey at best. Evaluating the actual player - he's an incredible prospect with a very, very special deep ball. Absolutely effortless.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
Which rookie would you have wanted? This year's crop of QBs wasn't any better than Lock, and I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted to give up any of the players we actually drafted for a rookie QB just so we could have a rookie QB.
I had few clues, but will be watching Washington on Saturday, hoping to see more Sam Howell

GemCity

Reaction score
As of now, the obvious guys are Shroud and Young. But, Will Levis is someone I’m high on.

Smellyman

Reaction score
another for Levis as #1

I think Young would be the mistake to get

GemCity

Reaction score
Not to be unfair to OSU QBs but, OSU is known for cranking out NFL caliber players at other positions such as WR. Strong receiver corps can obviously make a QB look a lot better than he actually is. This isn’t always the case of course. Sometimes you actually have NFL caliber guys at multiple positions. Likewise, good QBs can make receivers look better than they are as well.

I know that’s a biased approach and doesn’t fit every scenario. I’m from Ohio, live here now, and have been an OSU fan forever. My opinion isn’t due to some type of hatred for big schools. But, when you see a guy like Fields stinking it up…or Hurts (who actually isn’t that bad but hasn’t come close to the hype surrounding him in college), it makes you hesitant.

I just don’t have a good gut feeling about the guys being touted as the top two QBs this year.

I see our draft position working in our favor. Perhaps we won’t even have to “worry” about Shroud or Young and we can snatch whoever we’ve been eyeballing (maybe Levis??).

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Gotta wait 'til December. There is a whole season of college football that has to be played first. Things change, new players emerge, some players fail to progress, guys get injured. Stay patient, scout NFL in the meantime. December/January is when to extensively break down the draftable QB cutups and see what is available.

Pete has to go first, or he will ruin the new QB coming in. Pete is no QB whisperer.

Very much with your thinking right up to the last paragraph. Very early yet.

To answer the question posed by the thread am curious about VanDyke and Levis, but there are others for sure..

Last edited:

Fade

Reaction score
Very much with your thinking right up to the last paragraph. Very early yet.

To answer the question posed by the thread am curious about VanDyck and Levis, but there are others for sure..
Pete's a QB whisperer, huh? He's good at developing QBs?

RockinHawks

Reaction score
There's a lot to like with all of the QB's mentioned, and they go pretty deep. It will be interesting to see how guys like Jaren Hall play (BYU), as well as Richardson (Florida).

I really like Levis, I think he has an "it" factor, and he just feels like a gamer, to me. I like Young and Stroud. I think the most pro-ready QB in the draft could be Tanner McKee... NFL arm, but VERY accurate. Looks great on tape.