What to do with Kam?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Do we even know for sure that Kam wants more money? Has his agent made it known that he is unhappy with his present deal?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Just my theory, but I believe the LOB (more specifically Kam) was upset when the team went after Cary Williams and paid him quite a bit.

Kam is probably thinking, why are you paying someone who hasn't done anything for the Seahawks? Especially, a defensive player. Kam, probably wanted to see that money go to someone that was already a Seahawk and contributed.

Michael Bennett probably thought the same thing. That's why he was thinking about holding out as well.

Just a guess.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":owex29k6 said:
Just my theory, but I believe the LOB (more specifically Kam) was upset when the team went after Cary Williams and paid him quite a bit.

Kam is probably thinking, why are you paying someone who hasn't done anything for the Seahawks? Especially, a defensive player. Kam, probably wanted to see that money go to someone that was already a Seahawk and contributed.

Michael Bennett probably thought the same thing. That's why he was thinking about holding out as well.

Just a guess.

I tend to agree. There are some fragile egos on this team.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
everybody better hope he comes back and plays to his true form.

This defense...

isn't the same without him...

redhawk253

Reaction score
Trade him.. im sure bradley or quinn would be willing to give up somethin nice for him..

Better yet.. offer him to the browns for joe thomas if he will agree to restructure to more cap friendly terms.

peppersjap

Reaction score
If he wants to play under his current contract then everything should be fine. He definitely didn't have a year that would warrant a raise even though somehow he was voted to the Pro Bowl in an off year where he only played 12 games in which I think we lost 3. I want him back but I want him to honor his contract.

two dog

Reaction score
Kam has huge cred in the locker room and is part of the bedrock of this team.
One less win for sure and maybe a playoff loss if he were on another team.

Those of you who want to trade him, be careful what...well, you know.

Rob12

Reaction score
I think this "Kam was playing light" talk to avoid injury is bunk. I didn't see that at all.

Still, you find out where his head is at. If he's still set on a raise, it's probably time to move on.

firebee

Reaction score
If we're set on keeping Kam, they need to get him resigned to a 4-5 year contract that's reasonably agreeable, so he doesn't hold out and plays the game to his full potential without reservations in regards to where his next paycheck is coming from. When him, Thomas and Sherman are on the same page; they're nearly impossible to complete passes on and He's a huge playmaker. For those that think Chemistry and Continuity are easily replaceable, you obviously weren't paying much attention to the difference having Williams on the field and having Maxwell or Lane on the field. Replacing Kam's chemistry will not be remotely easy to accomplish.

Davehawk

Reaction score
Count me in the "trade him" camp. This season showed me who he's going to be on the field the next few years. Completely average. I probably could've dealt with his mediocre play if it wasn't for the holdout this year. Lost a lot of respect for him. Excited for next year though, can't wait!

titan3131

Reaction score
1. Extend baldwin. 14 tds, all the records he broke, he is a core guy I want for 4 more years.

2. Add bonuses that are set up for Michael Bennett to prove it. He can alway do better.

redhawk253

Reaction score
two dog":2zo6tlbo said:
Kam has huge cred in the locker room and is part of the bedrock of this team.
One less win for sure and maybe a playoff loss if he were on another team.

Those of you who want to trade him, be careful what...well, you know.
Noooo way.. what have ya done lately league. Its pretty damn clear a lot of his team mates have lost respect for him and are still pissed at him. You can see the body language between eearl and him... earl does not approve.. ya got sherman yellin at him on the sidelines to get it together.

Locker room cog? Hellllll no.. he was one of the biggest locker room distractions in the league this year..

Beyond that you have a popcorn salesman in mccray come in and actually look better than kam.. kam was a huge liability in every aspect of his game this year.. he lost 2-3 steps after that surgery and im pretty damn sure he knew it and thats why he was on a money grab this year.. he missed tackles.. he was constantly out of position and threw the rest of the defense off.. he couldnt cover aaron hernandez handcuffed this season.... hes just been effing bad

Ya take what ya can get for him and move on..

Also i dont know where the hell ya get we would lose 1 more game without him.. he directly cost us the first panthers game and the bengals game.. and his holdout had a lot to do with our early funk.. he brought extra dysfunction that carried over after a few losses and we lost our confidence.

burggold75

Reaction score
Would love to see him come to Washington - Reunited with McCloughan, who found him in the 5th round...emulate Sean Taylor....bring him home.

But - I don't Seattle is going to trade him. Could end up ugly again. IMO he is being paid around what he should already.

If I was a Hawks fan i'd be soured too...

RichNhansom

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":21nz0zw7 said:

Just a guess.

I've heard this also and it is understandable. The real problem with it is who do you want making these decisions for the team? The FO or the players?

As a team leader you need to set an example and that example should be that you believe in your FO. Not that you believe you can dictate how the FO operates. That is the wrong kind of leader and you can bet others will follow that example just like Kam followed Beast modes.

I hope Kam gets his head on straight but if not then the FO needs to set an example using him. The number one thing Pete preached on arrival is all in and if your not all in you don't fit in.

This coaching staff is directly responsible for Kam's success. Take him out of the LOB and he would be just another SS. Look how Maxwell did last year. Having guys around you like Sherman and Thomas make your job way easier. Espeacially with a coach like Pete. He wouldn't be the same player without them and he is already the highest paid player at his position.

Yes it would weaken one area of defense without him but the roster spot and cap space could be used to potentially strengthen anther area.

Imagine the SS position being 10% weaker and the defense overall being just slightly less dominant but at the same time you were able to upgrade the O-line while simultainiously sending a message that holding out will not be tolerated. Overall it could strengthen the entire team for a longer run.

Locker room disfunction will destroy a team faster than anything else and sometimes you need to lead with an iron fist to keep it steered in the right direction.

Remember Kam's hold out is the only time we have ever seen Paul Allen actually take a stance when he publicly ended negotiations. That to me speaks volumes and if your Kam or any other member of the team you should take notice when Paul Allen speaks up.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":ma89m1vd said:
Without Kam the Hawks wouldn't have won the Lions game.

Kam was also the real MVP of SuperBowl 48.

I agree with you but also agree with much of what Redhawk says above. Unfortunately there is no way to measure how much disfunction he may have caused and how the season may have gone without it so it's all kind of a wash. So then your left with how does this type of behavior effect the team moving forward?

I'm one that believes no one person makes or breaks the team by his play on the field but ine player can disrupt chemistry and that can lead to all players performance suffering.

Imagine if we had ignored Harvin's antics. I know that's kind of extreme but everyone knows why they paid through the nose to send him packing.