What's The Biggest Factor In The Hawks Turnaround?

What's The Biggest Factor In The Hawks Turnaround?

• Russell has gone back to #NoTimeForSleep Mode

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Bevell has pulled his head out calling some nice offensive game plans

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Big Bawls Rawls!

Votes: 18 11.6%
  • Patrick Lewis taking charge at Center

Votes: 59 38.1%
  • Possible Players Only Come To Jesus Meeting

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other (read my comments)

Votes: 26 16.8%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
These past few weeks this team has legitimately shifted into that place they have mastered in the past several Decembers...What's the biggest reason?

Rat

Reaction score
Baldwin suddenly giving us a big time passing game threat has to be high on that list. I feel like I've been way underselling him the past four years. I've always thought of him as the type that would be a #3 on most teams.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Rat":fsy6d545 said:
Baldwin suddenly giving us a big time passing game threat has to be high on that list. I feel like I've been way underselling him the past four years. I've always thought of him as the type that would be a #3 on most teams.

I think Baldwin has always been that capable, he's just finally benefiting from Pocket Wilson.

I selected Wilson as the factor, probably combined with o-line play. Watching him stand tall and fire lasers is incredible, and it opens up the read option again, which is really keeping drives alive. It's beautiful.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I voted center but I also think the replacing of Cary Williams is the other half of the equation.

The center position is so much more important than people realize. There is so much more than just the run/pass blocking but the line calls/recognition/adjustments are huge. Nothing against Nowak as I think it was unbelievably amazing that he could make the change from D to O but then also to center.......just too much to ask of anyone IMOP.

Cary Williams lacked so much in making plays but also I think the other guys were getting out of position trying to help when they need to be able to trust each other to "DO THEIR JOB" (well is assumed) as bad billy would say. It seemed to me that Williams started the season trying to adapt to the LOB play style but when things started going bad, he had the inevitable tendancy to revert back to bad habits and got worse. I seen Sherm, ET, and Kambam all get caught out of position trying to make plays this season and getting beat where they used to be great.

Go Hawks!!!

Jville

Reaction score
You called it. It's December.

This team / this organization is built to finish.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hope it's ok I put this here, I think it adds to your post. Also for the .net members who only come here for info. Didn't see it posted anywhere else. Amazing how important the little things are sometimes.

Patrick Lewis

pmedic920

Reaction score
I have no proof but I'm a big proponent of Chemistry.
I'm thinking that's it's starting to get back on track.
I thinks it's all attitude and mind set.
I have no clue what the change has been but fully believe that's it's mental and not something tangible.

Rob12

Reaction score
I think more than anything they have just started believing in each other again. With a team this talented, that's all it takes.

Belief in yourself, and in your brother.

RussB

Reaction score
Oline playing better, wilson back to doing what he does. Shead has replaced williams. Hawks have got their swagger back.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I went with Bevell. The biggest change to me is that the passing offense is no longer just backyard scrambles and chucking it deep. They have actually developed a short, timing based passing game and it is doing wonders to mitigate their pass protection deficiencies. Really happy they finally realized this was what they needed to do.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Over comming two horrendous off season moves by the usually stellar front office. While I loved the trade to get Graham I also assumed the office would bring in an actual NFL center to replace our departed but often injured starter. The other move obviously is the afore mentioned Carrie Williams.

mrt144

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":mgxl535p said:
I went with Bevell. The biggest change to me is that the passing offense is no longer just backyard scrambles and chucking it deep. They have actually developed a short, timing based passing game and it is doing wonders to mitigate their pass protection deficiencies. Really happy they finally realized this was what they needed to do.

Preach. :thirishdrinkers:

Wartooth

Reaction score
The adjustments have been made, and it's paying off.
It was nice seeing the swagger along the sidelines today!
Sherm fired up, defense killing it with fundamental football!
And Russell?
I'm thinking he hit that, before she went off on tour!
I don't care what it is!
Go Hawks!

StoneCold

Reaction score
Voted other as I think it's Oline and play calling. Hope the Defense we saw today show up every week.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think everyone has the right elements to their answers...Not one is wrong...All of these factors listed have contributed to our turn around. I think team chemistry has to be towards the top with this team. As stated, we have the talent to be Super Bowl Champions and are the most talented team top to bottom in the league (and I don't even think it's close) but for whatever reason, we didn't have that precious team chemistry the first half of the year.

That "IT" factor is more precious than gold in this league. Either you have it and you are on top of the world or you do not and you can forget about playoffs and championships.

The Seahawks have not had "IT" all season long until about three weeks ago. It's a tangible that is hard to quantify but boy you sure know it when you see it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
One other thing I believe has really helped and that's the play of 2 rookies, Lockett and Rawls. They've brought some nice energy to the team as well as being really good players. Frank Clark was monster today too and if he can keep that going it'll only help even more.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":36i3tf0d said:
One other thing I believe has really helped and that's the play of 2 rookies, Lockett and Rawls. They've brought some nice energy to the team as well as being really good players. Frank Clark was monster today too and if he can keep that going it'll only help even more.

Yeah. Whatever Frank ate this morning he shouldn't stop.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
I actually think it's two things. One, Patrick Lewis, the other is a blessing in disguise. I love Jimmy Graham, don't get me wrong. I was one of the ones calling for DB's head for not getting the ball to Graham more. But that's just that, just like with Harvin, they were forcing the ball in an already successful scheme therefore, making it unsuccessful. I think with another off-season, Graham will flourish in a DB called offense.