When did you start following the Seahawks?

HawaiiD

Reaction score
When the league voted to expanded in 1974.Honolulu as a long shot had put our city's name into the hat. Eventually, the owners voted to add bothTampa Bay and then Seattle to the NFL for the 1976 season. Since Honolulu wasn't awarded an expansion team, my
older brother said that he would become a Tampa Bay fan and that I should root for Seattle. When the uniforms came out for Tampa he didn't like colors. He then opted to Join our eldest brother and become a Miami Dolphins fan. Contrary to me I loved Seattle's uniform color especially, the Seahawks logo on the helmet. So I guess you could say... I was a fan and followed the Seahawks since before Day 1.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
LTH":29vb25w5 said:
Jazzhawk":29vb25w5 said:
Northern CA native, moved up to Lynnwood for 2 years in 1978-80 while I went to college and began following them a bit then. Moved back to the Sacramento area and used to go to 49ers training camp at Sierra College near Sacramento. Rooted for the 49ers till I moved to the Seattle area permanently in 1998. Began following the Seahawks in earnest then, and went to my first Seahawks game in person in 2001 when they were playing the Jaguars at Husky stadium. Fell in love with them and bought season tickets when the new stadium opened in 2002. Been an avid fan since then and still have my season tickets. Last December I moved back to Sacramento to help care for my mother and but came up last week just for the opening game. What a blast! Hope to be back up a few more times.

I went to Sierra college LOL... At the time I was a Rams fan and I used to go to 49er training Camp... Not sure why.... Caught Montana coming out of the chow hall had a short talk with him... he left saying " ______ the Rams" LMAO!!! I'll never forget that... I will never forget the look on his face when he said it... It was beautiful LOL

But what's really funny is that I became a Holmgren fan...I never thought that could ever be possible with my disdain for the 49ers... Holmgren, Walsh, Montana, Rice...

LTH
I loved training camp back in those days, and Seahawks TC over in Cheney. Back then you could walk up to and interact with the players while they were waiting their turn for drills or when they were getting water. So much better.

flippyflea

Reaction score
My love for the Seahawks started in 1998 when I started playing fantasy football. My teams were always Seahawk heavy and I began paying attention to the team.

I had a business trip to Seattle in 2003 and went on the stadium tour. After the tour, I realized how much I liked the Seahawks and became a fan.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
SeaWolv":285yyohh said:
I grew up in Michigan and started watching football in 1972. I was a Wolverine fan but that year I began watching NFL Game of the Week on TV. After the Dolphins completed the only undefeated NFL season I became a fan. I started watching the Lions soon after and suffered mightily for many years.

My girlfriend and I moved to Seattle in 1993 and I was all too eager to dump the Lions and adopt the Seahawks as my new team. Tom Flores was coach then and they went 6-10 that year. Many of my friends back home thought I was crazy since the Hawks were 2-14 the year before but I knew the Lions were going nowhere as long as the Ford family still owned the team. I was a big Cortez Kennedy fan and the first NFL jersey I ever bought was his (still have it). I attended games at both the Kingdome and Seahawks Stadium before it was C-Link.

I moved back to Michigan in 2006 after my girlfriend became my wife and we had kids with no extended family around but I'm still a Seahawks fan and that'll never change.
So, I take it you’re a Wolverine fan too? Believe me, I am a Hawk diehard living in Lions country. I sport my Hawk gear(my front bumper plate has a Seahawk too) on Fridays and Sundays, with Saturday reserved for Wolverine gear. Literally everything is Blue. ;) It was really hard in the early 90s not to jump ship from the 2-14 Hawks to the Barry Sanders playoff bound Lions. I just couldn’t jump. My love for the Hawks was too strong and Detroit is owned by the Fords. It is a curse. Lol.
Hey, if you are a Wolverine fan, didn’t you throw up in your mouth a little when they hired Harbaugh? I know I did.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
We moved from Alaska to Seattle in 76 when I was 14... went to the Dallas game with my dad and been a fan ever since.

Also went to the first ever Mariner game.

Go Hawks!!!

rcaido

Reaction score
Just a casual fan since 89 of watching football. i like watching the 49ers play too as Jerry Rice was my fav player. Its only when the Sonics were stolen from us is when i really got into the NFL & the Seahawks. So i think that was 2009. Now im obsess w/ the team & Russell Wilson, more than i ever was with the Sonics. Still hoping the NBA returns but for now im content.

Mick063

Reaction score
I have watched almost every single Seahawk game since 1976. Minus a four year stint in the Navy largely spent at sea in the mid 80's.

I still think that Dwayne Harper was the best Seahawk player that no one ever talks about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwf6KQ5LKk4

The NFL played an exhibition game in Husky stadium to test the attendance viability for a NFL franchise. I went to it as a kid. I saw Joe Namath (Jets) verse Terry Bradshaw (Steelers). Franco Harris' rookie year.

I was a huge football fan before the Seahawks were conceived. I watched the first Super Bowl on TV and almost every Super Bowl after that.

My favorite team as a kid was the Rams. George Allen, Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow, Wendell Tucker, Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen, Rosey Grier, Lamar Lundy, Chris Hanberger, Myron Pottios. Heck I still remember most the names from that team. Good lord. Jim Brown was playing at that time.

I played fantasy football starting in 1992. All pencil and paper work using the stats from a newspaper. There was no such thing as internet fantasy football.

King Dog

Reaction score
I started watching the Hawks after the Super Bowl win. Bought lots of jerseys, 12 flags, bumper stickers and told everyone I had been watching the hawks since 1976 :0190l:

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2908bqds said:
LTH":2908bqds said:
Jazzhawk":2908bqds said:
Northern CA native, moved up to Lynnwood for 2 years in 1978-80 while I went to college and began following them a bit then. Moved back to the Sacramento area and used to go to 49ers training camp at Sierra College near Sacramento. Rooted for the 49ers till I moved to the Seattle area permanently in 1998. Began following the Seahawks in earnest then, and went to my first Seahawks game in person in 2001 when they were playing the Jaguars at Husky stadium. Fell in love with them and bought season tickets when the new stadium opened in 2002. Been an avid fan since then and still have my season tickets. Last December I moved back to Sacramento to help care for my mother and but came up last week just for the opening game. What a blast! Hope to be back up a few more times.

I went to Sierra college LOL... At the time I was a Rams fan and I used to go to 49er training Camp... Not sure why.... Caught Montana coming out of the chow hall had a short talk with him... he left saying " ______ the Rams" LMAO!!! I'll never forget that... I will never forget the look on his face when he said it... It was beautiful LOL

But what's really funny is that I became a Holmgren fan...I never thought that could ever be possible with my disdain for the 49ers... Holmgren, Walsh, Montana, Rice...

LTH
I loved training camp back in those days, and Seahawks TC over in Cheney. Back then you could walk up to and interact with the players while they were waiting their turn for drills or when they were getting water. So much better.

Yeah my wife and I were just talking about that... We used to go to Cheney a lot... Those were the days man very cool...

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
1984. I'm a military brat. Grew up all over the place, nowhere was 'home'. My pops retired in Ft. Lewis. I had always liked football but never had a home team to root for. Once we planted ourselves in WA, and I found some buds to hang out with, well, that was it. Been a diehard fan ever since. The Behring years really tested my fandom, but I'm glad I made it and came out stronger on the other side!
That's why my moniker is 'enjoy the ride'. This team has been through some tough friggin' years.
But hey, at least my pops didn't land in OH. :)

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
fav13259":19gsccxf said:
It was 1996! I was a kid in the LA area that loved the movie Free Willy. It got me interested in PNW Native American art and culture. In the early to mid 90s, Knott’s Berry Farm a local theme park my mother used to take me to every year, opened an attraction called the Mystery Lodge, which is still there to this day. That attraction is in the shape of a longhouse and is a hologram show that has a Native American elder telling a story in which figures come out of smokes. As a kid it was captivating. Anyway! Flipping the tv channel one day I came across an NFL game. It was the Seahawks vs. Packers. I don’t remember the score just that the Seahawks got spanked. What drew me to watching the game (because I wasn’t really into football back then) was the logo of the Seahawks, clearly inspired by PNW Native American art. I was hooked and as soon as I got internet at home circa 1998 I was searching all things Seahawks. I’ve been mostly lurking/following this community since 1999-2000.

I got a lot of flack rooting for my hawks growing up especially from family who are mainly Packer, 9er, or Ram fans, but I wouldn’t have it any other way! Now I got my son rooting for the team, he’s 4 and he hasn’t missed a Seahawk game in LA or San Diego since he was born!

I like your story! Fans come from everywhere, but yours is kind of inspiring, and the fact you got your kid hooked is awesome!

two dog

Reaction score
1976-Jim Zorn, Steve Largent emregence made even lost games fun.
Seahawks fans were into it in a big way back then too.

First season tickets in 1980.
Lost all 8 home games.

Do'in pretty good now though.

schkoot

Reaction score
I started watching as a kid in 1983ish, but knew what was going on by about 1986. I felt my first real football pain when we lost to Cinncinatti in the 1988 playoffs.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
When did I start following the Hawks?

I think it was 1984. I was living in Connecticut and the Hawks were playing the Raiders in the playoff and my dad called me into the room and told me this was the team we were going to be rooting for from now on because we were moving to Seattle just after a short 6 month layover in NYC. I remember that moment vividly.

We ended up moving to Bellevue shortly after and as fate would have it we lived just a few houses down from Alvin Davis, a couple blocks away from Kenny Easley and one street over from Xavier McDaniel. I had the good fortune of meeting all of them and living just a few houses down from AD, developed a nice little neighborly relationship with he and his wife. Halloweens were incredible in that neighborhood.

Then randomly, when we moved to Kirkland, we ended up being neighbors with Steve Largent and his family and I became friends with his son Kyle because we were the same age and his little brother Kramer and Kelly when the season was going on. I remember vividly the first time I saw his Hanes underwear commercial where Kyle was in his tighty-whities on national tv giving him quite a bit of shit for it. Then when each season would end, they'd move back to OK for the remainder of the year. As if that wasn't cool enough, when they moved out for good who else moved in? None other than Mr. Edgar Martinez.

AlaskaHawkGirl

Reaction score
Growing up in Alaska, the Seahawks are kind of our adopted team. My brother, who is 15 years older than me, has always been a die hard fan so he influenced me a lot. I would watch football casually growing up and always considered the Hawks my favorite but it wasn’t really until I moved to Washington in 2005 that I became obsessed! Living in Washington and being surrounded by so many people excited about Seahawks football rubs off on you!

I was lucky enough to go to the Hawks/Pats game in October 2012 right before moving to Hawaii where Seahawks football was rarely on and they don’t have direct tv. I remember waking up at 6am many Sunday mornings just to watch the stats online since I couldn’t watch games.

Moved to KC in 2015, got my Sunday Ticket and now happily watch my Hawks every game. Went to the preseason game at Arrowhead in 2016 proudly wearing my blue/green in a sea of red! [emoji4][emoji170][emoji172]

WCstripes

Reaction score
2009, Never really followed the NFL until my son started playing and asked if we could go to a Seahawks game.
Hooked ever since.