When did you start following the Seahawks?

jdc90

Reaction score
At the start of the 2019 RS when my team the Texans traded JD Clowney to the Seahwks for a bag of peanuts which
was an action by the teams ownership/management that still puzzles and perplexes many of us in Houston. Whatever the reality is JD is gone from the scene down there ,and is instead now in Seattle and since there's no team in the NFC that I follow closely I've become a bit of a Seahawks fan.
Thing is ever since Clowney was drafted (#1 overall pick in 2014 ), he's been my favorite player in the league, and I will continue to follow and support him along his Seahawks teammates and I hope they make it all the way to the SB this year.

JGreen79

Reaction score
It was 1992, I was a little over 6. Not really into sports, but it was the first team I beat my brother in Tecmo Super Bowl he was always the 49ers. Followed the team ever since.

baumer64

Reaction score
I've lived in Eastern Washington all my life and have been a Seahawk fan since the day it was announced we would have a team. I turned 12 yrs. old during that 1st season and have remained a fan even during the tough years. Had season tickets from 95-2000. Had to give them up as the travel from Northcentral WA and having small kids was just too tough.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Went to the Lion's game that first year ..We didn't win but the
experience of it all and the Dome lives on.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
1981 was the year my Aunt and cousins got me into the Seahawks. They lived in Seattle and I was only 6 years old so I was easily influenced. But Steve largest was my favorite player back then.

John L. Williams playoff game against Cincy was when I became a die hard fan. Up until then I liked football. But that was the first time I remember being upset over a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Mid to late 80's.

The Colts moved to Indy in the middle of the night 1984. Was sour on the NFL for a season or two. Started watching again in '86 and took a liking to the Hawks because everybody around me went to the bandwagon teams, Redskins, Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders, etc. It was hard to get any kind of anything about them being on the East Coast. Was a full blown fan by 1990. I had to go to a sports bar to watch their game. It was always on in a corner TV. Then Al Gore rescued me with his invention of the net. ;) .

Between the net, NFL channel, the Hawks' winning, and the popularity of the sport itself, the East Coast bias thing is pretty much gone. The only shade left is the continued scheduling of 1pm EST games for West Coast teams. They really should change that. If they do it won't be for the right reason though. It'll be for maximum mid-day ad revenue.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
December, 2012.

Followed the CFL as a kid and during the Flutie championship years in Toronto. Buffalo Bills have always been the adopted NFL team here, so when the Bills signed Flutie, they signed on a sizable Canadian population as fans. (Yes, Doug Flutie was/is that big a deal north of the border). Poor ownership, management and coaching ran Doug out of town in short order.

Fast forward to 2012, when the Bills experimented with a "Toronto" home series. While it was mostly a disaster, that game in Dec, 2012 was responsible for Pete Carroll, Russell Wilson and the Seahawks picking up a whole new (and sizeable) fan base, including myself.

The fake punt sealed the deal.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Maulbert":2edfsuug said:
1997. I wasn't really into football until then, I just started watching with my dad one day. The first game I ever attended was our victory over Kansas City in 1998.

I jumped on the bandwagon when they won the Super Bowl... I KID, I KID.

1997 as well I was watching with my dad, saw Warren Moon come in for John Freisz when we got blasted 41-3 by the Jets. It's been a great journey!

My first in person game was 1999 against Tampa. We were 8-2 at the time, Kitna crapped the bed and we finished that season 9-7.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
I first started following the Seahawks in the 1984-5 season, when a visiting American began his first postdoc appointment in our neurogastroenterology lab, here in Adelaide, South Australia. I previously had no interest in American football, but he taught me the rules. We used to watch games on my VCR at his place, and when he said I've got to choose a team, I asked him if Seattle had one, because I remembered a really lovely poster of the view from Queen Anne Hill, promoting the PNW as a tourist destination, in a student travel office.

Saw two games in the Kingdome in 1996, and I'm hoping to re-visit in November next year.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I became a fan in September of 1976. My mother was expecting to see the Steelers and the Seahawks showed up on the screen in their amazing blue. I was 9 years old, she said "oh, this is that new team in Seattle" (We lived in Oregon) and back then the Hawks were NFC and frankly the Raiders were considered the "local" team so the Seahawks were on at the same time as Raiders @ Steelers. I LOVED the blue team and my mother was a Steelers fan so I had to watch the Hawks on Black and White as they lost to then STL Cardinals.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
1983. Grew up in a small down in Canada US networks were not available to me and Cdn netwworks only picked up NFL late Nov (after CFL ended). A family friend had told me about how good this QB name Zorn was that noone talked about. So I was curious to see a Seahawk game and rooted for them from afar to make the playoffs so I could see them. In the meantime, I started reading about how good Largent was too. Finally got my wish for that wildcard game vs Denver.
Seeing that whole atmosphere with the crowd (helped that I liked the uniform colors) got me excited. Then the first series I ever see them play the run down the field with the real Curt Warner and end it with a TD to Largent. I was hooked.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Before they had a name.

Picked as my team as soon as it was announced that Washington was getting a team.

1974?
Think I remember it being while the Worlds fair (expo 74) was still going on in Spokane.