When did you start following the Seahawks?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Chukarhawk":21gyycsp said:
1976, I was 7 years old

Same. A proud member of The Old Fart's Club (Original 12s).

Still remember that JCPenny's catalog with the Seahawks helmet in 1976...Now that my hometown had a team, I dumped my allegiance to the Vikings and been a diehard ever since.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
LTH":356gojgf said:
I came in at the beginning of the Ericson era ....

I really enjoyed the Holmgren Era.... read Clare Farnsworth and Mike Sando

but most of all the Carroll era has been the best...Pete Carroll is an amazing coach as his contract suggests...

My special moment was the GB NFC championship game... Im just not sure anything can beat that!

when did you guys start watching and what was a special moment for you?

LTH

1984 when i was born. I remember being mocked in early 1990s about being a sea chicken fan. Everyone was into dallas at the time.

The 1st superbowl was special and winning it the next trip was the cherry on top.

Jimmy

Reaction score
I was 7 in 1979 when I got a Jim Zorn poster for Christmas, I knew who the Seahawks were and watched games with my Dad but the moment I put that poster on my wall I was hooked. I went to my first game in 1980 vs. the Raiders and watched them break Zorn's leg. My hatred for the Raiders started at that moment and will always be there!

Long time lurker guys, been on this board from the beginning. Go Hawks!

tafkar

Reaction score
I spent much of the 1960s and 70s hoping Seattle would get a pro football franchise. I would have even settled for an AFL team. So I was thrilled when we finally got our own NFL team. I didn’t get to attend a game in person until 1984 . it turned out that week 10 of the 1984 season was a good choice.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/7Qzg_7ePHjo[/youtube]

Seymour

Reaction score
beaumaris":1054l68b said:
1976. Zorn to Largent Loyal.

This.
I remember thinking Steve Raible was the man and thinking that Largent was just a scrub. Took a few games before Largent dispelled that notion as I remember it.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Actually started watching in 1977, missing the first year. And to be honest, I only started watching football because NHL games were no longer being televised. Still an NHL fan (excited about Seattle hockey) but Seahawker for life.

dbmack

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":39okuxew said:
I'm old too, was 8 when first started :irishdrinkers:
If you're old, I must be ancient. I was 24 in 1976.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
1977, the year after we moved to Sunnyside. I was ten when I became enamored with Zorn, Largent and Herrera and the crazy plays from the loud dome. We moved to Michigan in 1984 but I never ever thought of jumping ship. Carrol is the best coach, Russ the best QB. I did love Ground Chuck though. I idolized Easley, Kennedy, Big Walt and Tillman’s STs. I still have a soft spot for Warner. The LOB was legendary. We have been very blessed and still have a damned good franchise.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I grew up in Michigan and started watching football in 1972. I was a Wolverine fan but that year I began watching NFL Game of the Week on TV. After the Dolphins completed the only undefeated NFL season I became a fan. I started watching the Lions soon after and suffered mightily for many years.

My girlfriend and I moved to Seattle in 1993 and I was all too eager to dump the Lions and adopt the Seahawks as my new team. Tom Flores was coach then and they went 6-10 that year. Many of my friends back home thought I was crazy since the Hawks were 2-14 the year before but I knew the Lions were going nowhere as long as the Ford family still owned the team. I was a big Cortez Kennedy fan and the first NFL jersey I ever bought was his (still have it). I attended games at both the Kingdome and Seahawks Stadium before it was C-Link.

I moved back to Michigan in 2006 after my girlfriend became my wife and we had kids with no extended family around but I'm still a Seahawks fan and that'll never change.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
WA native, why be a fan of any other team? Seahawks have been my team since I started watching football in the 80's. Became more of a serious fan in the mid 90's.