• Sometime this week.

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Sometime next week.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • By the third preseason game.

Votes: 61 22.5%
  • By the final preseason game.

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • The week leading up to the first regular season game.

Votes: 57 21.0%
  • Sometime after the first regular season game.

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • He will hold out well into the season.

Votes: 53 19.6%

• Total voters

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Him being the only holdout in all the NFL speaks volumes. I think the hawks are preparing to go into this season without him and I don't blame them as there is not one thing rational about Kam holding out.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The most that a player can be fined is his prorated signing bonus for the year he is holding out.

In Kam's case, that is $1M.

The fines start at $30k/day of training cap... +15% of signing bonus on the 6th day of holdout... +1%/day (max 25%)... +25% for 1st regular season game missed... and after 4 weeks, 1/17 of his of his salary for each game missed.

So he he stays out all of training camp, his fine totals $250k.

If he also misses the week 1 game, his fine increases to $500k.

If his holdout continues for weeks 2 through 4, his fine increases to $767.6k.

And if he holds out through game #5, his fine maxes out at $1M.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Kam's been doing his usual tweeting during the holdout and it's evident that he's still in VA. I expect the first thing we'll hear when the holdout ends is someone seeing him at the airport or on a plane to Seattle. Maybe Ian Rapoport has a spotter assigned already so he'll be the first to report the news. :)

My prediction is that Kam skips pre-season and reports the week before the first regular season game, and the only concession the FO gives is waiving his fines.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1ag8f25t said:
The most that a player can be fined is his prorated signing bonus for the year he is holding out.

The fines start at $30k/day of training cap... +15% of signing bonus on the 6th day of holdout... +1%/day (max 25%)... +25% for 1st regular season game missed... and after 4 weeks, 1/17 of his of his salary for each game missed.

My understanding is that if he misses actual games, he not only will receive fines, but due to the way they players are paid, will miss actual game checks in addition which would result in a much greater cost.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":3hk0xg2x said:
onanygivensunday":3hk0xg2x said:

My understanding is that if he misses actual games, he not only will receive fines, but due to the way they players are paid, will miss actual game checks in addition which would result in a much greater cost.

Absolutely... I was just addressing the fine.

His game checks are $267k gross.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2l2e0kj4 said:
I think he is getting some real bad advice from his agent.

This.

Timing is terrible, and makes zero sense. Three years left on deal + coming off serious injury to end the year = NO leverage whatsoever. This is the only thing that gives me hope Kam reports soon.

He's a very prideful guy though that character is important to, so it wouldn't surprise me if Kam holds out into the season.

Sac

Reaction score
Man, if Bailey continues to come on strong it's not unthinkable to see Kam get traded to a team like ATL

andyh64000

Reaction score
two dog":1yipr5sh said:
I think that after about the third preseason game management will do something
cosmetic to his contract so that Kam doesn't lose face and they don't set a precedent
that would have guys lining up down the hallway.

I think this but after the first preseason game.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":xx2u18vp said:
Man, if Bailey continues to come on strong it's not unthinkable to see Kam get traded to a team like ATL

I think that they would trade him to the AFC if it comes to that.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I'd say sometime around the third preseason game, either before or after. It gives him time to look firm in his convictions while a) taking extra rest time after injury recovery, and b) allowing the backups to play and get valuable preseason snaps. He'll be back at just about the time he needs to get back into football shape and start the season healthy and fired up.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":umwux69o said:
Sports Hernia":umwux69o said:
Three years left on deal + coming off serious injury to end the year = NO leverage whatsoever.

I am trying to understand things here. People keep saying that he has no leverage, is that really the case? The seahawks can not trade him, they can not cut him and they can't fine him too much money. What exactly is keeping each and every player on the nfl whose market value is higher than contract from holding out?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
seahawksTopGear":2jp9ares said:
Sgt. Largent":2jp9ares said:
Sports Hernia":2jp9ares said:
Three years left on deal + coming off serious injury to end the year = NO leverage whatsoever.

I am trying to understand things here. People keep saying that he has no leverage, is that really the case? The seahawks can not trade him, they can not cut him and they can't fine him too much money. What exactly is keeping each and every player on the nfl whose market value is higher than contract from holding out?

In Kam's case, the desire to help his team win a Super Bowl. His absence is hurting the team right now.

If everyone took the perspective that practice is pointless, hardly anyone would ever get better or help their teammates get better.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
seahawksTopGear":2h2k7pen said:
Sgt. Largent":2h2k7pen said:
Sports Hernia":2h2k7pen said:

He won't get paid his salary so that starts to hurt.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Just bought a Dion Bailey SB 49 game issued jersey. Won't bother me if Kam continues to hold out.
Next man up.

A

Anonymous

Week before the season.

This is really not that unusual to see, just unexpected.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
seahawksTopGear":oc76irxo said:
Why do you say that Seattle can't trade him? They sure as hell can.

And it makes no sense to cut him... they can... but they would lose the rights to him... so it makes no sense to do that.

And they CAN fine him... but I'm guessing that they won't.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2nvnk3ir said:
Why do you say that Seattle can't trade him? They sure as hell can.

And it makes no sense to cut him... they can... but they would lose the rights to him... so it makes no sense to do that.

And they CAN fine him... but I'm guessing that they won't.

You are right, they can trade him, and it won't even be as bad as trading Percy Harvin since Kam only has 3m dead money. It would hardly be a beneficial trade though and definitely a bad example.

So if the seahawks do not benefit from trading, cutting or fining Kam why do people say that he has no leverage? Why doesn't every player who is earning less than his market value hold out?