• Sometime this week.

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Sometime next week.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • By the third preseason game.

Votes: 61 22.5%
  • By the final preseason game.

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • The week leading up to the first regular season game.

Votes: 57 21.0%
  • Sometime after the first regular season game.

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • He will hold out well into the season.

Votes: 53 19.6%

• Total voters

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I think they would be willing to offer to adjust his deal in the same way they adjusted Lynch's deal last season, making his $100,000 incentive bonus into a guarantee and perhaps giving him $500,000 from next year's base salary.

The problem is I doubt that offer would make Kam very happy. The Lynch adjustment didn't really appease him either, as he still sat out some of training camp after that offer was already on the table, and there was continued grumbling from Lynch during the season.

There are key differences as well. Kam has two more years left on his deal after this season and about $400,000 less in incentive pay that could be converted into guaranteed money. Guaranteeing Kam's current incentive pay almost seems like a given, because it is 1/5 as much as Lynch had guaranteed last year.

Moving $500,000 from next year's base salary into this year's deal would also probably be less advantageous to a player with two years left on his deal than it would be for a player entering his final year, when the probability of an extension is higher.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
This is a very depressing topic. Why oh why do players sign contracts and want to whine about it a year later? I don't get it. We need Chancellor bad. The guy is a HUGE factor in our defense and cannot be replaced despite what some desperate folks here think. In Kam's case, next man up does not apply.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I think he is just sitting out to give the younger guys more reps and experience, and in two weeks he will be back. Nothing to worry about here.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
aaaaaand I got blocked by Kam on Twitter. I'm hearing this has actually happened to a few people. I'm genuinely shocked at the comment he blocked me over. Seems so childish. Eh, whatever. Some people can't handle the truth, I guess.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1flcozeh said:
JAGHAWK":1flcozeh said:
aaaaaand I got blocked by Kam on Twitter. I'm hearing this has actually happened to a few people. I'm genuinely shocked at the comment he blocked me over. Seems so childish. Eh, whatever. Some people can't handle the truth, I guess.

Harassing Seahawks on social media? Classy.

Harassing? Hahahaha, hardly. He posted something about finding the positive in ever situation and I responded respectfully stating that I hope he understands that he is very blessed and lucky and I hope he shows gratitude for that. Yeah, sounds like harassment to me.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":zhbpsf9g said:
FlyHawksFly":zhbpsf9g said:
JAGHAWK":zhbpsf9g said:

Harassing? Hahahaha, hardly. He posted something about finding the positive in ever situation and I responded respectfully stating that I hope he understands that he is very blessed and lucky and I hope he shows gratitude for that. Yeah, sounds like harassment to me.

So he made a tweet about staying positive and you replied with a tweet suggesting that he's ungrateful.

That's far from harassment, but I don't really have a problem with him blocking you either, TBH.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Popeyejones":w2p7m46p said:
JAGHAWK":w2p7m46p said:
FlyHawksFly":w2p7m46p said:
JAGHAWK":w2p7m46p said:

So he made a tweet about staying positive and you replied with a tweet suggesting that he's ungrateful.

That's far from harassment, but I don't really have a problem with him blocking you either, TBH.

Did I say, "You're ungrateful, Kam." ??? No, I said be sure to show your gratitude. I see a lot of people saying some incredibly rude and nasty things to him about him holding out and it's completely out of line and they deserve to be blocked. I can't say he's wrong for what he did, he can do what he wants. Do I think my statement deserved that reaction? No. I've praised Kam via Twitter TONS the times... but they never see those things, do they? Lol. Anyway... who cares, It's Twitter. No hard feelings, I'm just ready for the Enforcer to be back on the field. It doesn't feel the same without him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":de0q33wo said:
Did I say, "You're ungrateful, Kam." ??? No, I said be sure to show your gratitude. I see a lot of people saying some incredibly rude and nasty things to him about him holding out and it's completely out of line and they deserve to be blocked. I can't say he's wrong for what he did, he can do what he wants. Do I think my statement deserved that reaction? No. I've praised Kam via Twitter TONS the times... but they never see those things, do they? Lol. Anyway... who cares, It's Twitter. No hard feelings, I'm just ready for the Enforcer to be back on the field. It doesn't feel the same without him.

Athletes can't have it both ways. If they're going to use social media to promote themselves, their brand and in this case their grievances............then they can't complain when people post negative comments.

We all love Kam, but we're Hawk fans 1st. The large majority of us think Kam made a mistake by holding out, so that's the reaction he's getting right now on Twitter and Instagram.

It's honestly one of the dumbest and most unnecessary holdouts I can ever remember.

Barthawk

Reaction score
One thing that has stuck with me recently is the fact that Kam has not fired his agent. If he is so unhappy with this deal, shouldn't he be holding his agent more responsible for coaxing him into signing a below market deal (even though it was not at the time of signing).

Basis4day

Reaction score
Barthawk":acwqdezd said:
One thing that has stuck with me recently is the fact that Kam has not fired his agent. If he is so unhappy with this deal, shouldn't he be holding his agent more responsible for coaxing him into signing a below market deal (even though it was not at the time of signing).

You're assuming he was unhappy when he signed the deal. The agent got him a good deal at the time and Kam and/or his agent think they are in a position to negotiate for more. That's what he gets paid to do.

(I don't necessarily agree with Kam's take on the situation, but it think i understand his position)

Barthawk

Reaction score
Basis- I don't think he was unhappy at the time of signing.. who wouldn't be, he was on track to make 17M over the first three years of the deal.

Revisionist history on his part is what gives me angst-- and the agent is to blame if he now believes his contract is not up to par.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Barthawk":1vcfqqb0 said:
Basis- I don't think he was unhappy at the time of signing.. who wouldn't be, he was on track to make 17M over the first three years of the deal.

Revisionist history on his part is what gives me angst-- and the agent is to blame if he know believes his contract is not up to par.

I don't consider it revisionist history unless Kam/Agent now claim it was a bad deal when he signed. Unless i'm mistaken that isn't the case.

Now, If the market for safeties or the market for less essential players getting paid more has changed then there is always the risk that a player will attempt to negotiate for more money.

Now, i don't think the Seahawks are going to budge until real games start. There isn't really a reason to. If the Defense falters without an all-pro it increases Kam's leverage. If the Defense plays fine then it decreases the only leverage Kam has left.

Rob12

Reaction score
Popeyejones":eaahu76k said:
JAGHAWK":eaahu76k said:
FlyHawksFly":eaahu76k said:
JAGHAWK":eaahu76k said:

You're way off base here.

But I guess that's the era we live in. You can't hardly say anything in this world that won't be considered offensive to someone. Reminding someone that they are in a great situation, and one that 99.9 percent of the population isn't in is not something that one should be blocked over.

These guys put an insane amount of work to get paid as well as they do and I'm good with that. But blocking a fan for an innocuous comment such at that? BS.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Rob12":3skjc8ue said:

But I guess that's the era we live in. You can't hardly say anything in this world that won't be considered offensive to someone. Reminding someone that they are in a great situation, and one that 99.9 percent of the population isn't in is not something that one should be blocked over.

These guys put an insane amount of work to get paid as well as they do and I'm good with that. But blocking a fan for an innocuous comment such at that? BS.

Venting about it anonymously on an internet message board seems like overkill to me. It's like getting picked last in kickball.

Rob12

Reaction score
Basis4day":1g1a6d35 said:
Rob12":1g1a6d35 said:

Venting about it anonymously on an internet message board seems like overkill to me. It's like getting picked last in kickball.

Venting about what? I'm good with Kam doing his thing. He'll come crawling back soon enough and will be cracking heads in 2015 for the Hawks. But when you pull a stunt like this... He's literally the only player in the NFL holding out - and post about seeing a positive in every negative situation - well, people typically won't like that. This is all self inflicted on his end and he is hurting the team. Jag addressed his comment in a respectful manner and he gets butt hurt and blocks him. Just seems very immature.

What do you think a message board is designed to do?

mrt144

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":2lyu6y6y said:
FlyHawksFly":2lyu6y6y said:
JAGHAWK":2lyu6y6y said:

So it was a passive aggressive swipe at him. Surely that'll be the straw that breaks the camel's back...

Athletes can't have it both ways. If they're going to use social media to promote themselves, their brand and in this case their grievances............then they can't complain when people post negative comments.

Yeah, they can block people who are calling them ingrates. They don't owe you interaction. Case in Point - Marshawn Lynch.

"You should take our abuse with a smile because you've got athletic talent we're willing to watch. Stop being so offended,gosh!"

Rob12

Reaction score
"You should take our abuse with a smile because you've got athletic talent we're willing to watch. Stop being so offended,gosh!"

You call Jag's Twitter comment abuse? ABUSE? Really?

Thank you for proving my point. I'm sure Kam is appreciative of you sticking up for his feelings.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Well apparently offending a Seahawk is unthinkable but offending a fellow 12 is acceptable.