• Sometime this week.

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Sometime next week.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • By the third preseason game.

Votes: 61 22.5%
  • By the final preseason game.

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • The week leading up to the first regular season game.

Votes: 57 21.0%
  • Sometime after the first regular season game.

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • He will hold out well into the season.

Votes: 53 19.6%

• Total voters

mrt144

Reaction score
Rob12":swo7ige4 said:
"You should take our abuse with a smile because you've got athletic talent we're willing to watch. Stop being so offended,gosh!"

You call Jag's Twitter comment abuse? ABUSE? Really?

Thank you for proving my point. I'm sure Kam is appreciative of you sticking up for his feelings.

Hyperbole, get used to it.

Rob12

Reaction score
mrt144":3ejxv4wq said:
Rob12":3ejxv4wq said:
"You should take our abuse with a smile because you've got athletic talent we're willing to watch. Stop being so offended,gosh!"

You call Jag's Twitter comment abuse? ABUSE? Really?

Thank you for proving my point. I'm sure Kam is appreciative of you sticking up for his feelings.

Hyperbole, get used to it.

Another word for dishonesty. I wouldn't be proud of it.

mrt144

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":1ssl9p8b said:
Well apparently offending a Seahawk is unthinkable but offending a fellow 12 is acceptable.

The only thing that's offensive about your tweet and subsequent bellyaching here is the underlying belief you were doing something useful in the first place with the tweet. What were you hoping to accomplish? Catharsis for the fear of being without Kam Chancellor...FOREVER!!!

On the one hand a few of you want him to show up because you know he's good, nay, great, but on the other hand you think its out of line for him to want to play contract games...

Ya'll say he has no leverage but here we are flapping our gums (or fingers as the case may be) about how he NEEDS to be back in camp.

Can it be time for football yet?

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
mrt144":17vma82m said:
JAGHAWK":17vma82m said:
Well apparently offending a Seahawk is unthinkable but offending a fellow 12 is acceptable.

The only thing that's offensive about your tweet and subsequent bellyaching here is the underlying belief you were doing something useful in the first place with the tweet. What were you hoping to accomplish? Catharsis for the fear of being without Kam Chancellor...FOREVER!!!

On the one hand a few of you want him to show up because you know he's good, nay, great, but on the other hand you think its out of line for him to want to play contract games...

Ya'll say he has no leverage but here we are flapping our gums (or fingers as the case may be) about how he NEEDS to be back in camp.

You're elaborating on a particular subject that I never touched. I never mentioned contracts, games or anything of the sort. My statement was about being blocked for a response that wasn't intended to be offensive that was taken exactly as that. Am I going to lose sleep at night over this? Absolutely not. This is where I chose to share my experience with fellow 12's on the subject of Kam. I wasn't trying to bellyache or justify what I had done.

Aren't we all rooting for the same team here? Why in the hell do we have to attack each other like anything being said here has any affect on the existence of mankind. Maybe go pick fights with some 9ers fan if you are so inclined to start trouble.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Rob12":12h3uzit said:
Any how, this is all stupid. We all just want to get Kam back.

That's pretty much what it boils down to, yes.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I'm sure he's received more critical messages than that . . . maybe you were just collateral damage.

These contract disputes tend to bring out a lot of negativity.

Rob12

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":2so9xnsl said:
mrt144":2so9xnsl said:
JAGHAWK":2so9xnsl said:

You're elaborating on a particular subject that I never touched. I never mentioned contracts, games or anything of the sort. My statement was about being blocked for a response that wasn't intended to be offensive that was taken exactly as that. Am I going to lose sleep at night over this? Absolutely not. This is where I chose to share my experience with fellow 12's on the subject of Kam. I wasn't trying to bellyache or justify what I had done.

Aren't we all rooting for the same team here? Why in the hell do we have to attack each other like anything being said here has any affect on the existence of mankind. Maybe go pick fights with some 9ers fan if you are so inclined to start trouble.

Well said.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
It's one of the strangest holdouts I can recall from a player, in that I can't see how this benefits Kam from a money standpoint or a reputation standpoint. It's like he's doing this out of pride. Like Kam thinks the Hawks have wronged him in some way or broken a promise to him.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":3nzxvhkh said:
It's one of the strangest holdouts I can recall from a player, in that I can't see how this benefits Kam from a money standpoint or a reputation standpoint. It's like he's doing this out of pride. Like Kam thinks the Hawks have wronged him in some way or broken a promise to him.

It's similar to what Lynch was dealing with last year. He's lacking security if he gets hurt and somehow this is his last payday. They are both the best in the game at their respective positions, and they both take/give a lot of punishment.

Maybe they agree to guarantee all of his incentive money ($100k x 2) and move his $325k roster bonus in 2017 into guaranteed money this year. Basically, it's a little over a half million dollars more of security. I'm sure Kam and his agent will want more than that, but I don't see us giving up more than is already allotted in his contract.

There are major salary cap constraints for us, as well as the concern about setting a bad precedent. But a slight adjustment, in the same or similar way we did for Lynch, seems reasonable.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I've got this suspicion that he is holding out just to make sure Dion gets playing time.

There's no other legitimate reason for Kam to hold out. We know he's a team guy, because he's watching practice film and sending emails to players (like Dion) on how they can do better.

It's preserves his body which has had 3 long seasons, and he doesn't need to practice or get any playing time, he's Kam.

AND, his brand is getting bigger and bigger as each day goes by. It's always on the front page of all the sports sites, "Kam Chancellor..." Some people might be grumpy right now, but when he makes the first big hit in the regular season, all will be forgiven. I don't hear anyone complaining about Russell Wilson.

But most important of all, his half-brother who hasn't had a chance to do anything, is now getting all the reps, is getting interviews, is being written about, and will likely start Friday! That's how you look after your little brother!

That's why I picked the 1st Regular Season Game. :D

The Outfield

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand why we couldn't just give him the same contract but with more (not all) guaranteed. Seems fair.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
ivotuk":2hlqbrzb said:
I've got this suspicion that he is holding out just to make sure Dion gets playing time.

I like the way you think! I doubt it is Dion that he is worried about though.

Isn't Kam's half brother Dion's backup at safety? Maybe Kam is just looking out for his little bro.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Rocket":1p89f6jg said:
I believe that Schneider has shown that he can trade or cut just about anyone and the fine situation, a contract issue, is documented above.
I agree in principle that Schneider will look at every option.

I don't think it makes sense for the Hawks to do anything but hold onto Kam's contract here, because trading or cutting him would basically be giving into his demands. Our leverage in this is that we are going to hold onto his contract for the next three seasons and if he doesn't want to show up then he will be not earning another penny until 2018 (and paying back pro-rated signing bonuses on top of that).

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I don't think anyone really cares if he misses TC or pre-season, but if he misses a regular season game, I think his own teammates would look at that as selfish. I think he'll be there when the season starts. Gotta go to war and fight with your bros.

Rob12

Reaction score
We all know he is in Virginia tonight, and will be sipping a few back and watching his teammates. Preseason or not.

I think this thing is about to come to an end.