Which rookie will make the biggest impact in 2023 ?

Jac

Reaction score
I have the same. I think/hope he can be the next "big thing" at that position in the league, not just for the team.

vonstout

Reaction score
I expect both Spoon and Jax to make impacts. but the guys who could be the most important are Hall, Young, Morris, and Olu. If they make solid contributions, that may make a bigger difference

BASF

Reaction score
McIntosh can earn the return job with proving he is trustworthy, I expect a large jump from our special teams this season. I was surprised to see that we ranked eleventh last season in average starting position for drives, but I think with McIntosh, that number can be top five easily.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
JSN will imo as he's got two dangerous weapons on the field with him that will greatly improve his opportunities and a QB that can sling it into some pretty tight windows. On defense probably Derrick Hall, as Seattle's pass rush and run defense was toilet bowl quality, while the DBs were pretty good, so while I think Witherspoon will be solid, the impact of Hall will be greater overall.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned Zach Charbonnet yet, so I'm going with my adapt-a-rookie!

He'll score a bunch of red zone TDs, be a great 3rd down back, and generally be part of a terrific 1-2 punch with K9!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Oluwatimi may not start his rookie year as the starter but I feel confident he will nail down that job in the not so distant future. All the coaches rave about his work ethic and the ease with which he is picking up our system and playbook. Not just the coaches either. His teammates speak about his natural leadership and confidence.
As for most impactful rookie this year the most comforting and exciting thing about that to me is that there are so many possibilities. We really cleaned up with our last two classes. When cut down time gets here I think we're going to lose some really good players just because there isn't enough room to keep them all.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Will Evan Brown be getting most of the reps with the first team at the start of training camp, or did Olu show enough already to step in right away?
I haven't seen him play. I just listen to a lot of radio and didn't Carroll say something about him in that last conference? I heard he's pro ready, he's picked up everything they're feeding him
positionally and leadership skills. Came from a top pro factory.

Of course ,they go on and in about the new players , they wouldn't go " hey ,I think we really crapped our pants on this one " publicly.

I think he starts. What do you think?

Lagartixa

Reaction score
If Olu Olu wins the starting job, he could be playing nearly every offensive snap. That makes it possible for him to have an enormous positive impact even if he ends up performing below the league average but still safely above replacement level. If he wins the job and is league-average or better (lots of "ifs" here), he can blow away the competition in terms of positive impact even if, say, Witherspoon has a Pro Bowl-worthy season.