Who is the best player in the NFC West? (Multi-Choice Poll)

Who is the top player in the NFC West? (Pick 3)

• Russell Wilson, Seahawks

Votes: 60 31.3%
  • Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks

Votes: 124 64.6%
  • Richard Sherman, Seahawks

Votes: 73 38.0%
  • Larry FItzgerald, Cardinals

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Patrick Peterson, Cardinals

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Calais Campbell, Cardinals

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Joe Staley, 49ers

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Aldon Smith, 49ers

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Robert Quinn, Rams

Votes: 22 11.5%
  • Aaron Donald, Rams

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Tough, but think I'm goona go with the future HOF Earl Thomas.

Lynch, Wilson, Sherman, Bowman and Quinn also are very reasonable choices imo.

Top 3 is tough, I think any three of the six players listed above would be alright.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2qfi96wy said:
Tough, but think I'm goona go with the future HOF Earl Thomas.

Lynch, Wilson, Sherman, Bowman and Quinn also are very reasonable choices imo.

Top 3 is tough, I think any three of the six players listed above would be alright.

I think it's narrowing from top 4 to top 3 that's really tough, TBH.

I don't think you can put Bowman in there because he hasn't played in over a year, and you can't really put Wilson in there because of the remaining five guys he's the only one who's not in the conversation for best player at his position in the NFL.

Using that metric, Thomas and Sherman are locks, and you're left picking between Lynch and Quinn. I'd go Lynch just because I've always been a Lynch fan, but I wouldn't protest someone picking Quinn over him either.

A

Anonymous

What, no Chris Matthews?

:stirthepot:

Earl Thomas.

Next question?

McGruff

Reaction score
Because of his youth, the position he plays, and the relentless Ness with which he plays it, I went with Aaron Donald. You can scheme around a dominant pass rushing end. It's nearly impossible to scheme around interior pressure.

He's going to wreck us for a long time.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
netskier":1fo70s5r said:
Does Sokoli have the talent to stop Aaron Donald next year?
To answer that question you'd have to start by defining the word talent, but regardless of how "talented" he is, he'll be playing a position he's never played before so a next year time frame is basically off the table.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Yeah, Earl's got to be #1 above all in my opinion. If we have to see this defense go a few games without him this year I bet a lot of people change their votes...

2nd probably Wilson if you just look at who we couldn't lose and still compete to win the division.

If you lose either of those 2 guys to IR this team will struggle to even compete for a Wild Card.

A

Anonymous

McGruff":1g91x916 said:
Because of his youth, the position he plays, and the relentless Ness with which he plays it, I went with Aaron Donald. You can scheme around a dominant pass rushing end. It's nearly impossible to scheme around interior pressure.

He's going to wreck us for a long time.

I agree.

Having to defend a DE that has so much Ness is a tall order.

Tical21

Reaction score
That's a tough call. I can't pick a favorite child.

This is silly fun, but I wonder if the results would be a little bit different if Russell's contract negotiations were going more quickly.

Bryan

Reaction score
The top 6 players in the NFC West are Earl, Sherm, Wags, Cam, Russ, and Beast. All Hawks, brosephus...

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
As others have pointed out, how do you miss Earl the 4x all pro that is widely considered the top safety in the league and the biggest reason Sherman is able to do what he does. My 3 are Thomas, Lynch, and Quinn.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Guess I'd have to go with Sherm... He's widely regarded as the best in the business at his position. He'd start on every single team in the league, but that would be true for a whole lot of our grossly bloated roster...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hawkfan77":2hale0nf said:
What 5 people voted for Larry Fitzgerald?? And why is he even on the list?!

Mine wasn't one of those votes, but the first thing I thought was "man if this was a few years ago!" Fitz absolutely dominated at WR for a number of years with a number of really crappy quarterbacks. With a top-tier quarterback, we'd be talking about him in terms of best in the game at his position.

That said, of the choices listed (ET was an obvious snub there...), I had to go with Marshawn, Sherman, and Wilson. Speaking current team only.

two dog

Reaction score
I voted Beastmode and Sherm. After some thought I gave the third
vote to Donald. Guy's scary quick.

I think the best player in the NFC west is Earl Thomas.