Who is the best player in the NFC West? (Multi-Choice Poll)

Who is the top player in the NFC West? (Pick 3)

• Russell Wilson, Seahawks

Votes: 60 31.3%
  • Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks

Votes: 124 64.6%
  • Richard Sherman, Seahawks

Votes: 73 38.0%
  • Larry FItzgerald, Cardinals

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Patrick Peterson, Cardinals

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Calais Campbell, Cardinals

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Joe Staley, 49ers

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Aldon Smith, 49ers

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Robert Quinn, Rams

Votes: 22 11.5%
  • Aaron Donald, Rams

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters

scutterhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":cfpsaokj said:
How is Earl not on this list?
Yep, First name I expected to see listed, and with not seeing Earl's name on there, the poll lost some credibility IMHO.
And to add, Kam Chancellor could also be a candidate....Just ask Vernon Davis, or even our own, Jimmy Graham :mrgreen:

Per the list provided though, the top three are Seahawks, and that's how I voted.
Those three are stars on the NFC WEST Championship team for two Years in a row.
Those other players named on those other NFC WEST players that were listed, they are all exceptional players, FOR THEIR TEAMS.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Lynch, Sherman and Thomas, in that order. Since Thomas isn't on the list I'll go with Russel as the number three guy.

Rocket

Reaction score
I clicked on the Beast but Earl is the best player.

After Earl & Marshawn, there's a three way tie between Kam, Russ and Sherm (alphabetically).

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1b2mlg0d said:
McGruff":1b2mlg0d said:
Because of his youth, the position he plays, and the relentless Ness with which he plays it, I went with Aaron Donald. You can scheme around a dominant pass rushing end. It's nearly impossible to scheme around interior pressure.

He's going to wreck us for a long time.

I agree.

Having to defend a DE that has so much Ness is a tall order.

Obviously that is a Loch. :stirthepot:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Earl Thomas

Robert Quinn

Bobby Wagner

Bowman, Willis, and Washington (pre-stupidity) got most of the NFCW love at MLB the past few years, but I'd take Wagner over all of them. Remember the Hawks D for a stretch this year without Wagner??

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Earl and Wagner probably got left off because the original poster was trying to be nice and include players from all teams. Here is who I would pick for the top 10 players in order in the NFC West:

ET
RQ
Wagner
Sherman
Donald
Patrick Peterson
Bowman (would be higher if not for the injury)
Aldon Smith (hate him but his numbers are ludicrous)
Lynch
Chancellor

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
With no descriptive criteria listed (perhaps an assumed "all of the above"), all of our answers are subjective.

overall football as well as position skills. size, strength, speed, game speed, quickness, gear change, agilility, intimidation, coachability, impact on games, versatility, actual contributions, leadership, play recognition, vision, passion, intensity, tackling, heart, intelligence, decision making, blocking, toughness, competitiveness, confidence, work-ethic, instincts, range, good hands, athleticism, big play ability, consistency, etc.

Kam Chancellor

Might even make a case for best overall player in the NFL. He doesn't get enough credit. Probably would if he played with certain other teams. But, he's making an increasingly stronger case in Seattle year after year. Too bad he was injured in the Super Bowl. We might very well have seen him impact that game in a similar way he impacted XLVIII.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Lot's of really good players on that list. I personally don't think Patrick Peterson belongs on it. He's a physical freak, but has poor technique and doesn't diagnose plays very well.