Why not blame Russell Wilson

Anthony!

Reaction score
Wenhawk":33atfvah said:
Smellyman":33atfvah said:
There was one blow by Avril on Rodgers. I can't remember any other. Other than that, a very good Seahawk dline had to work their tails off to get the pressure on. GB line held their blocks for as long as possible and gave Rodgers time. A very good LOB helped giving some coverage sacks and pressures.

Hawk oline against a much inferior dline (relative to Seattle) played paddy cake or just simply matador-ed. A legally blind squirrel could see this.

GB had a backup LT and two other 1st year starters. They looked good because of playcalling and QB play.
mainly play calling

Anthony!

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":3sy1h2cx said:

That pretty much says it all.

Thanks I was looking for that ugly part is there is about 20 more of them from just this gamee

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Wilson also missed some throws. Let's not ignore the fact he was part of the offensive problem. Maybe not the biggest part.. but he wasnt good.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Just like posting political topics you cannot post blame Wilson threads. It's never his fault. Damn I wish he had an o line and a coach that let him throw the ball downfield instead of sideways.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2d5cq46v said:
Wilson also missed some throws. Let's not ignore the fact he was part of the offensive problem. Maybe not the biggest part.. but he wasnt good.

He was throwing some desperate Marys out there, looking for Kearse I'm sure.. btw.. who is his new Kearse?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Bobblehead":ovytgwxx said:
Uncle Si":ovytgwxx said:

He was throwing some desperate Marys out there, looking for Kearse I'm sure.. btw.. who is his new Kearse?

Whoever starts dropping passes...maybe Willssson . Richardson seems to win the one on ones

Smellyman

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1eb2wjeg said:
Just like posting political topics you cannot post blame Wilson threads. It's never his fault. Damn I wish he had an o line and a coach that let him throw the ball downfield instead of sideways.

Just make it legit.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2ym6ydh4 said:
GB had a backup LT and two other 1st year starters. They looked good because of playcalling and QB play.

Nope, GB had a backup RT and no first year starters. They didn't even look that good. Rodgers made some incredible plays and is a crafty vet so he got us on the substitution play.

We've seen Brady play with a garbage OL at the end of 2015 and the Pats eventually couldn't overcome it and went 2-4 to end the year, losing out on the #1 seed. That's 15 year vet Brady with excellent OC Josh McDaniels. To expect Wilson to overcome it with this playcalling is absurd.

He did miss some throws, but even the deep throw to Lockett, he was getting clocked by Daniels just as he released the ball, didn't have his feet properly set. You say he was slow to scramble, but he contributed a huge chunk of our running production on the day. So yes, you can say Russ deserves blame, but not a huge portion of it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1y709fdx said:

what throws did he miss that was not do to being hit or hurried?

Anthony!

Reaction score
Cyrus12":jmqta6fw said:

you can when it IS warranted but not when its obvious to anyone with eyes its not

RussB

Reaction score
They might have ruined him as a QB. The past 2 seasons hes been under so much pressure hes just shook now.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Shocking stat of the day: Wilson has been most pressured QB since 2012. Stats back it up

Hold me bros

Attachments

• I8Jjy.jpg
    I8Jjy.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 3,774

RussB

Reaction score
Crizilla":k2wlpmih said:
Shocking stat of the day: Wilson has been most pressured QB since 2012. Stats back it up

Hold me bros
HTTP2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL0FLMEQzajEuZ2lm.gif

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Wilson hasn't been the same QB since he started trying to be a drop back passer.

He's gone away from what makes the offense as effective as it used to be. Those read zone plays, where he actually ran the ball.. bootlegs.

I still think he's too short for those quick slants and outs as he just can't find the targets fast enough through those huge linemen.

He needs to start do what he used to do until he can't do it no more, it's his game and that won't change.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Bobblehead":ud2ivjb8 said:
Wilson hasn't been the same QB since he started trying to be a drop back passer.

He's gone away from what makes the offense as effective as it used to be. Those read zone plays, where he actually ran the ball.. bootlegs.

I still think he's too short for those quick slants and outs as he just can't find the targets fast enough through those huge linemen.

He needs to start do what he used to do until he can't do it no more, it's his game and that won't change.

But they didn't call those kinds of plays yesterday. I don't think the zone read was used much, nor were bootlegs. We saw in the second half of '15 that Russ absolutely can hit those short routes in rhythm. He had the highest passer rating from the pocket that year.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Bobblehead":26hujna1 said:

That is all on the coaches. I've beat this drum a thousand times.

They have abandoned the read option completely....tired of typing. Copy and paste a previous post...

What made the running game great was Lynch AND Wilson. Teams couldn't key on either one running the read option or they'd have huge gains. They opened holes for each other.

The Read option is completely abandoned now.

News flash coaches. The read option doesn't get RW killed (he actually can protect himself running the RO), it is thinking this line can create a pocket for him. That is going to kill him.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Smellyman":2i9vhncq said:
Bobblehead":2i9vhncq said:

That is all on the coaches. I've beat this drum a thousand times.

They have abandoned the read option completely....tired of typing. Copy and paste a previous post...

What made the running game great was Lynch AND Wilson. Teams couldn't key on either one running the read option or they'd have huge gains. They opened holes for each other.

The Read option is completely abandoned now.

News flash coaches. The read option doesn't get RW killed (he actually can protect himself running the RO), it is thinking this line can create a pocket for him. That is going to kill him.

I totally agree, it helped the running game, kept the offense on the field and wore out the opposing D's.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Okay, I found this on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/6 ... lation_to/

Comparing pressure rate with time to throw. The model is that lower time to throw mitigates pressure by getting the ball out before the rush can affect the QB. Thus, the ratio between time to throw and pressure rate ranking should be close to 1.0. This guy compiled the stats from the 2016 regular season and another guy made a graph of them.

https://imgur.com/a/MjDMo

I've circled Russ in blue, Tom Brady in red, and Rodgers in green. We can see that Brady's quick release relative to his peers mitigates the pressure he faces, again relative to the other QBs in the league, about exactly as expected. Rodgers holds the ball longer and experiences much less pressure than one would expect, so he's below the trendline. Russ holds the ball barely longer than Brady and experiences pressure at a much higher rate, relatively. So this whole "blame Wilson, Brady and Aaron get the ball out quicker even if their OL are worse, why can't Russ do that?" argument doesn't properly account for RW's circumstances.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1mq6omrr said:

And yet he has one of the best complt % and QB ratings as a drop back passer so that would be well wrongt