Why not blame Russell Wilson

Anthony!

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2tmf5dy4 said:
Anthony!":2tmf5dy4 said:
Uncle Si":2tmf5dy4 said:
Wilson also missed some throws. Let's not ignore the fact he was part of the offensive problem. Maybe not the biggest part.. but he wasnt good.

what throws did he miss that was not do to being hit or hurried?

He still missed throws good QBs make. Rodgers made several completions while under pressure. It's part of a QBs job. Wilson himself will admit that.

And Wilson made several under pressure and Rodgers missed some. All great QBs miss some but what we saw Sunday form that olein was ridiculous and anyone trying to blame RW either did not watch, or has an agenda period

Uncle Si

Reaction score
mrt144":1waotmi9 said:
Uncle Si":1waotmi9 said:
SoulfishHawk":1waotmi9 said:
He gets blamed for plenty, so.......

But cannot he not be held accountable if he's not playing well?

Yes, the O-line is garbage. Wilson has not played well of late. Does it help if it's said "Wilson does not play well behind that O-line"

How do you hold RW accountable in any meaningful fashion?

Do we all get to take a wack at him with our soap wrapped in a towel?

It's an internet message board. Little bit of dialogue that doesn't get hyperbolic responses or disdainful LOLs would be refreshing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I do blame Russell.

Other than Avril's horrible foul preventing the pick six, Russell had the two worst plays of the game.

1. Why didn't he just put a little air under the ball to Lockett? That is not a hard throw, especially for a QB that wants to take the next step to "elite." Gotta make that throw. On the difficult throw scale from 1-10, that's a 3 for Russell.

2. Not protecting the ball on our 5 yard line and getting stripped. Can't happen, it just can't. Curl into the fetal position and take the sack. Hell Russell, you know the drill, this O-line has made you do that 1,000 times now.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ofrvbxl said:
Cute...

14 completions to 28. 158 yards to 311. So not as many though.

He struggled. People can admit that without fearing the worst.

I am guessing you did not watch the game did you? Yeah I thought not.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Because he was about to be crushed by the defender and had to rush it. But yes he has to make that throw.
The fumble was yet again on a play where the blockers did squat. But he does have to squeeze that ball tight.
He was PART of it, but that O Line was absolutely putrid.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Uncle Si":36bck82s said:
austinslater25":36bck82s said:
Uncle Si":36bck82s said:
Anthony!":36bck82s said:
what throws did he miss that was not do to being hit or hurried?

He still missed throws good QBs make. Rodgers made several completions while under pressure. It's part of a QBs job. Wilson himself will admit that.

Rodgers missed a couple too. They all do. I think Wilson is very far down the list as to what is causing our offensive issues. Brady, Brees literally everyone would struggle behind our line. Russell is doing about as well as can be expected.

If he's doing as well as can be expected than this team is in trouble. Yeah, QBs miss throws. But Wilson can, has, and will need to play better.

I'm a big fan of his. But he's not really played well consistently since that big run to end the 2015 season. No need for a rundown of mitigating circumstances. He just needs to do better.

LOL yeah sure you are, sorry dude you will not find one expert putting this on Wilson.

mrt144

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ghxxovru said:
mrt144":ghxxovru said:
Uncle Si":ghxxovru said:
SoulfishHawk":ghxxovru said:

Yes, the O-line is garbage. Wilson has not played well of late. Does it help if it's said "Wilson does not play well behind that O-line"

How do you hold RW accountable in any meaningful fashion?

Do we all get to take a wack at him with our soap wrapped in a towel?

It's an internet message board. Little bit of dialogue that doesn't get hyperbolic responses or disdainful LOLs would be refreshing.

I always go for the one or two line killshot.

But for the coaching staff, how do they hold RW accountable? He isn't getting benched, obviously.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Uncle Si":16j85rqz said:
SoulfishHawk":16j85rqz said:

Ahh this was the first game of the season he played with 3 injuries last year, and you really want to pile on him., Thanks for showing your true colors. As I said no expert is blaming Wilson

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He can play a hell of a lot better. He was rushed all day long, most QB's are going to rush things and/or not feel pressure to get rid of the ball and/or run out of the pocket. He's used to running for his life 24/7, this crap gets really old.
I suspect he will play much better. They lost as a team.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
mrt144":2crsqe8m said:
I always go for the one or two line killshot.

But for the coaching staff, how do they hold RW accountable? He isn't getting benched, obviously.

True, holding him accountable for less than stellar play is difficult. I know there's talk about how to speed up the offense to help him out. Maybe that's the next step, changing the offense a little and see if it gets RW going again.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Get the ball out quicker and have receivers run shorter routes. Audible out of shitty play calls. It's not rocket science.

I think alot of it has to do with coaching, but I also think Wilson has been off for the last year and one game.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2li808qe said:
I do blame Russell.

Other than Avril's horrible foul preventing the pick six, Russell had the two worst plays of the game.

1. Why didn't he just put a little air under the ball to Lockett? That is not a hard throw, especially for a QB that wants to take the next step to "elite." Gotta make that throw. On the difficult throw scale from 1-10, that's a 3 for Russell.

2. Not protecting the ball on our 5 yard line and getting stripped. Can't happen, it just can't. Curl into the fetal position and take the sack. Hell Russell, you know the drill, this O-line has made you do that 1,000 times now.

1. he got hit as he released it or did you not watch the game
2. I can a little agree but kind of tough when you have 3 guys in your face immediately, not to mention if the oline does itsjob this does not happen,

randomation

Reaction score
This is one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen on this forum. There is no blame on the QB when the running back is being met in the backfield by three players. Carson looked like Beast on Sunday right down to somehow finding a way out of being hit two yards deep. Stop trying to pull blame off where it belong the offensive line and tom cable.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2b5tf7vc said:
Get the ball out quicker and have receivers run shorter routes. Audible out of shitty play calls. It's not rocket science.

You don't think teams know that and scheme for that?

Watch or look at any pics of the good defensive teams we've played for the past 2-3 years. The box is stacked and they're press covering to prevent any sort of quick slant/bubble screen, etc.

When your O-line sucks as hard as ours sucks, it's easy to scheme against it. You stack the box and press cover cause you know Russell will have no more than 1.5 seconds to get the ball out.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Anthony!":2l4s9jgc said:
Uncle Si":2l4s9jgc said:
SoulfishHawk":2l4s9jgc said:

Ahh this was the first game of the season he played with 3 injuries last year, and you really want to pile on him., Thanks for showing your true colors. As I said no expert is blaming Wilson so that makes this garbage.

Who is piling on?

I said "he can play better." How is this showing "true colors?" Are you going to try and be confrontational without regard for other people's opinions in every thread?

Ozzy

Reaction score
StoneCold":14i2kgch said:
Wenhawk":14i2kgch said:
Smellyman":14i2kgch said:
Because he had .7 seconds.

On run plays the Dline was meeting RW and the RBs at handoff.

Wenhawk":14i2kgch said:
He was pressured a bit .

LOL

I call BS. Rodgers was pressured more than Russ difference is more than half the time the ball was out of his hands almost instantly.

Not true. Most of the sacks we got were after 10 seconds of Aaron running around and he didn't have to start evading the rush for 5 seconds. Russ was getting dumped on after 2.

More short, quick passes are needed.

Beat the drum.

Couldn't agree more. Short quick passes, move the pocket at times with roll outs, traditional screens would be nice but we seem to suck at them. We need to do something different.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3nhm2z5i said:
Because he was about to be crushed by the defender and had to rush it. But yes he has to make that throw.
The fumble was yet again on a play where the blockers did squat. But he does have to squeeze that ball tight.
He was PART of it, but that O Line was absolutely putrid.

What little blame that can be cast on Rw is so low on the list we should not even be talking about it. I mean the RBs have more blame than Rw, as do the WR/TE. Hence why we are talking about it make no sense. NO one in their right mind starts with the least responsible area, you start with the most which is the OLine.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Maybe some credit should also go to the Packers D and their damn good D coordinator. They were very prepared.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2eytqpex said:
Maybe some credit should also go to the Packers D and their damn good D coordinator. They were very prepared.

I don't think anyone is throwing Wilson to the wolves here. Just some thoughts that maybe he could play better, and some ideas how.

Pack D may be very improved, and it's no secret they play well against Wilson.

Latest posts