Wilson going NOWHERE

W

Welshers

The haters are going to be seething at this folks. Reports are Wilson intends to stay in Seattle until his contract is up and then some. You can go ahead and close the bidding threads.

"Russell Wilson says he not only intends to fulfill his Seahawks contract that ends after 2023 season, he wants to play for Seattle for "20 years." "I love this place. I love this space.""

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status ... 83361?s=20

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is what Russell should say as he's coming down the home stretch of his worst year as a professional QB.

But we shall see if he still feels the same come February.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Dubbing people haters who don’t have the same prediction as you. Very mature.

But really what else do you expect him to say? If he was going to leave I’m sure it would be all lollipops and rainbows when being asked questions directly from the media. The real tension would happen behind the scenes

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He's saying all the right things as usual. Doesnt mean anything though.

LTH

Reaction score
Welshers":u2mr23rd said:
The haters are going to be seething at this folks. Reports are Wilson intends to stay in Seattle until his contract is up and then some. You can go ahead and close the bidding threads.

"Russell Wilson says he not only intends to fulfill his Seahawks contract that ends after 2023 season, he wants to play for Seattle for "20 years." "I love this place. I love this space.""

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status ... 83361?s=20

At this point there is no reason to believe anything else... but yeah we will see in Jan. or Feb.

LTH

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1b7jsuom said:
This is what Russell should say as he's coming down the home stretch of his worst year as a professional QB.

He denied saying it period deal wit h it.

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":jy0mugp8 said:
He's saying all the right things as usual. Doesnt mean anything though.

Agreed, what's he suppose to say we suck I want to play for a contender when they have games left to play and he needs to survive to get out of here first?

John63

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1g6dssbm said:
Dubbing people haters who don’t have the same prediction as you. Very mature.

But really what else do you expect him to say? If he was going to leave I’m sure it would be all lollipops and rainbows when being asked questions directly from the media. The real tension would happen behind the scenes

He denied saying it period

Jville

Reaction score
Sad that Russell and others are accused of being liars to accommodate the poison of selfish rumor mongers.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1469044230974631937[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1469044389066383361[/tweet]

And my favorite quote of the day ...............................

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1469044966882111490[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
For his credibility in the Public while here, to his team mates while here, he can't say anything different, if that was the case then each contract that has come up why is there a rumor or threat to go to the Giants or someplace.

Arod said he loved it here also till the Rangers made their offer.

There are a lot of false stories going to happen, but Wilsons reply is just going to be as suspect based on what he and his agent have done in the past as well.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":34lpmixv said:
For his credibility in the Public while here, to his team mates while here, he can't say anything different, if that was the case then each contract that has come up why is there a rumor or threat to go to the Giants or someplace.

Arod said he loved it here also till the Rangers made their offer.

There are a lot of false stories going to happen, but Wilson's reply is just going to be as suspect based on what he and his agent have done in the past as well.

what did he do? his agent answered a question. he never really commented on it. Now he is out and out saying it is false, not truly done over. John Clayton just said it's all BS.

Again

You have the team saying no
the player saying no
one of his best friends said no

then you have a supposed unnamed source that interests echo the last off-season rumor.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":3afwr568 said:
Sgt. Largent":3afwr568 said:

He denied saying it period deal wit h it.

He didn't deny it, he said it was a "non-story." What does that even mean?

I don't doubt Russell loves Seattle and if he continues to get what he wants, which is to continue to be one of the highest paid QB's, and possibly a new coach and owner that assures him that the Seahawks will once again challenge for SB's?

Sure. But like I said, when everything shakes out this off season and there's more clarity with Pete's future here, we'll see if Russell still feels the same.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All the matters right now is what happens at 10am on Sunday. Another day, another "story"
We've been hearing he's leaving for years now. If it happens, it happens. NONE of us know what's going to happen.
I still think it's 50/50, but wanting a guy to leave doesn't mean he's going to leave. And there are plenty of people who would love to see him gone.

LTH

Reaction score
Jville":3bwjpcjw said:
Sad that Russell and others are accused of being liars to accommodate the poison of selfish rumor mongers.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1469044230974631937[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1469044389066383361[/tweet]

And my favorite quote of the day ...............................

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1469044966882111490[/tweet]

It;s just a distraction from the media trying to create drama... there is NOTHING to gain from Wilson leaking this report at this time. he has the attention of the media anytime he wants it.

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, it's no shock that people eat up a story like a big pile of pancakes.
I'll believe he's leaving when I see it. Until then, he's the Hawks QB and will stay under center. And win a LOT of games.
The media will never change and they are just doing their job to get clicks. That's fine. This story is getting old, and has been worn out for a couple years. And yes, I get it that it would be massive news. IF it ever happens.

RiverDog

Reaction score
At least he came out and shot down the rumors, something he didn't do last spring.

But on the other hand, if there's one thing we can always count on Russell doing, it's saying the politically correct thing. It's not like what an A-hole like Aaron Rodgers would say, but it's also so over the top, everything is rainbows and unicorns, that it hurts his credibility.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter what he says. If he talks, people say he's lying and/or being "fake"
if he doesn't talk, people get mad that he is staying quiet.

There has never been a player who is so hated on one side, and liked so much on the other side, with the fanbase than this guy. It's a trip.

AgentDib

Reaction score
This is a discussion forum, and there's nothing wrong with people who want to talk about potential trade scenarios for any player. However, you can have those discussions without bringing in likely false assumptions sourced from twitter about what will have to happen, or pretending to know what a player thinks.