Wilson going NOWHERE

xray

Reaction score
Ownership will shock many fans this off season IMO . Major moves have probably been discussed since last season . After that embarrassing playoff loss to the Rams last season , I would bet PC & JS were given this season as a last chance to show ownership a reason to stick with the status quo ; or blow it up in a major way . I think that Wilson would jump at a chance for a new start somewhere else if given the right circumstances . Don't be fooled by his ' love affair ' with the Hawks . Wilson is all about Wilson at the end of the day .

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":3539wc6i said:
Sgt. Largent":3539wc6i said:
John63":3539wc6i said:
Sgt. Largent":3539wc6i said:
This is what Russell should say as he's coming down the home stretch of his worst year as a professional QB.

But we shall see if he still feels the same come February.

He denied saying it period deal wit h it.

He didn't deny it, he said it was a "non-story." What does that even mean?

I don't doubt Russell loves Seattle and if he continues to get what he wants, which is to continue to be one of the highest paid QB's, and possibly a new coach and owner that assures him that the Seahawks will once again challenge for SB's?

Sure. But like I said, when everything shakes out this off season and there's more clarity with Pete's future here, we'll see if Russell still feels the same.

Our Russ said three things, he wants to play in Seattle for 20 more years or til his's 53? he is happy where the team is at, which is 4-8? and the trade talk is a None story?

haha, it's like a couple attend functions together, but the minute they are in their car, it's quiet, home? head into separate bedrooms. When folks asked about the rumor of divorce, you said: non story, because you are waiting for the kids' school year to be over to tell them.

I love Russell, he's a really good dude...........but spin and talking to the media is not his strong suit. He's very clumsy and robotic.

I don't think last year's "I love Seattle and don't want to be traded but if you're so inclined here are my four teams" was an aberration. It was a sign that he was unhappy with the direction of the team.

So yeah, if there are big changes at the top of the organization and Russell's itch to leave for greener pastures is scratched? Sure, I could see this statement being true and he's once again happy and wants to play his entire career here.

But if Allen and senior management decide to give Pete next year, or the remainder of his contract to right the ship? Nah, I can't see Russell staying. No one other than Wagner has been around as long to see the deterioration of talent and huge personnel mistakes than Russell.

No way he's going to remain patient with Pete to fix that while he's in his prime.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but if Pete stays, he's gone imo. It's time for a break. And if Russ DOES leave, people like Xray will have a party. Good luck with that.

toffee

Reaction score
John63":oeaai6gm said:
toffee":oeaai6gm said:
John63":oeaai6gm said:
chris98251":oeaai6gm said:
Thursday press conference about his plans for the future. Wilson called it a “non-story” because he’s only thinking about what’s going with the Seahawks right now.

“That’s not in my head right now at all,” Wilson said. “I didn’t say that. I’m focused on what we’re doing here. Obviously I love Seattle. This is a place I’ve loved every day, every moment.”

Wilson was asked in a followup if that means that he intends to play out the remaining two years on his contract with the Seahawks.

“That’s my hope,” Wilson said. “My hope’s not just to fulfill it. Hopefully I can play here 20 years and my career. WIll that happen? I don’t know. That’s my prayer, that’s my hope. That stuff’s in the future, that stuff’s down the road. I think my mission, my focus is only on right now.”

Notice he leaves an out clause in the last paragraph.

Not absolute or cut and dry, double speak really.

Also, a Nonstory isn't saying he didn't say it either.

Wrong again

“That’s not in my head right now at all,” Wilson said. “I didn’t say that. I’m focused on what we’re doing here. Obviously, I love Seattle. This is a place I’ve loved every day, every moment.”

notice the “I didn’t say that"

Pretty cut and dry he did not say it
Don't sell our hero short, our Russ is real smart, and runs a sophisticated machine. He has Publicist, agents, consultants, and people, together team Russ. Those people would all be fired if their boss couldn't have deniability.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

I feel.sorry form u.
Our great Russell Wilson and his team unlimited with agent, publicist, media consultants, bros, buds, butt lickers etc. Since you have direct connection to conversations on sideline and locker, I admire and envy you, also puzzle where you fit in team unlimited.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Welshers":1srx8d4w said:
The haters are going to be seething at this folks. Reports are Wilson intends to stay in Seattle until his contract is up and then some. You can go ahead and close the bidding threads.

"Russell Wilson says he not only intends to fulfill his Seahawks contract that ends after 2023 season, he wants to play for Seattle for "20 years." "I love this place. I love this space.""

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status ... 83361?s=20
I love how there are two groups of posters here that believe Russ wants to be here, and the other group believes Wilson wants to leave.

Whatever happens, we will see how it plays out and one side will be correct, and the other side will be making excuses.

Pick a side and stick to it!

Own it!

had2bhawk

Reaction score
XRAY, your probably right.
I strongly believe his desire to own a NFL franchise, which he has stated publicly will happen. Moving to another team and location will make this tough. Jody Allen is the ideal person/situation to make this happen.
I think he has the will and clout to make this happen. We will see.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
had2bhawk":2qscg2ha said:
I strongly believe his desire to own a NFL franchise, which he has stated publicly will happen. Moving to another team and location will make this tough. Jody Allen is the ideal person/situation to make this happen.

Russell doesn't even have 10% of the net worth it'd take to own an NFL franchise.

The Panthers sold in 2018 for 2.35 Billion. Wilson's net worth right now is around 130 million.

So while we should all admire Russ's ambitions, he's in the kiddie pool financially of what it'd take to own an NFL or NBA team, even as a minority partner.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1z269wvy said:
had2bhawk":1z269wvy said:

Russell doesn't even have 10% of the net worth it'd take to own an NFL franchise.

The Panthers sold in 2018 for 2.35 Billion. Wilson's net worth right now is around 130 million.

So while we should all admire Russ's ambitions, he's in the kiddie pool financially of what it'd take to own an NFL or NBA team, even as a minority partner.

Yes SGT today really tough!
If Wilson stays for the 20 yrs he claims and Jody wants out, there is the window. I'm sure he will never be the sole proprietor.
Only my thoughts.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
chris98251":1ob7xg6p said:
For his credibility in the Public while here, to his team mates while here, he can't say anything different, if that was the case then each contract that has come up why is there a rumor or threat to go to the Giants or someplace.

Arod said he loved it here also till the Rangers made their offer.

There are a lot of false stories going to happen, but Wilsons reply is just going to be as suspect based on what he and his agent have done in the past as well.

Totally.. just like Rodgers

toffee

Reaction score
Ambrose83":payp7fsf said:
chris98251":payp7fsf said:
For his credibility in the Public while here, to his team mates while here, he can't say anything different, if that was the case then each contract that has come up why is there a rumor or threat to go to the Giants or someplace.

Arod said he loved it here also till the Rangers made their offer.

There are a lot of false stories going to happen, but Wilsons reply is just going to be as suspect based on what he and his agent have done in the past as well.

Totally.. just like Rodgers

These rumors are weather balloons, they are there to gauge responses, which could be how the fan base react to it? how many teams called to inquire? how would Jody react to it? or it could even be more pointed how those three teams respond?

Weather balloons will keep coming out of no where, we will see more and not all of them initiated by the same party or for the same purposes.

enjoy them.

John63

Reaction score
THis is all clickbait for the writer's nothing more. all parties have come out and said no. Clayton said no.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":13zmlt16 said:
THis is all clickbait for the writer's nothing more. all parties have come out and said no. Clayton said no.

I bet you say know when someone asks you if you swallow also.....

Or like when OJ was asked if he was guilty.

We have seen this stuff play out before, Wilson isn't genuine, he is a Nice player, great Face of the franchise, great supporter of the Children's Hospital and other local charities. But nobody lives by the cliché's he drops so fast you trip over them, he is bad at selling them also.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":1yav6kpp said:
John63":1yav6kpp said:

I bet you say know when someone asks you if you swallow also.....

Or like when OJ was asked if he was guilty.

We have seen this stuff play out before, Wilson isn't genuine, he is a Nice player, great Face of the franchise, great supporter of the Children's Hospital and other local charities. But nobody lives by the cliché's he drops so fast you trip over them, he is bad at selling them also.

I am sorry for you.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Why do people think Wilson is some untradeable god? Get something now before he walks in free agency, unless you think this year was a one off??

Of course Wilson is going to say the right things. He has a brand and image to uphold. When the divorce finally happens he will make sure he doesn't look like the bad guy.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Cyrus12":e9ilgsi1 said:
Why do people think Wilson is some untradeable god? Get something now before he walks in free agency, unless you think this year was a one off??

Of course Wilson is going to say the right things. He has a brand and image to uphold. When the divorce finally happens he will make sure he doesn't look like the bad guy.

I agree with that except that I don't think that Russell says the right things simply due to a commercial or business interest of establishing his brand, although it has that effect. I think that Russell is genuinely a nice guy, that he does not want to insult anyone, and that he wants everyone to love him. This is a quite different mindset than that of a number of other NFL personalities who don't give a rip if people like them or not.

Having said that, Russell's constant smoke blowing gets pretty old and it has the effect of undermining his credibility.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I’m guessing Wilson stays, Pete goes. We need fresh blood leading this thing. Jody should go take Moore from the cowboys. Make him an offer he can’t say no to. Hire a top SC, see what we can get in trade for Adams and even BWags.

keasley45

Reaction score
For those that think Russ is going nowhere, what changed between his obviously welcoming an 'out' last year and today?

Or do you think he really didn't want to be traded last year?

massari

Reaction score
keasley45":1nubo6yf said:
For those that think Russ is going nowhere, what changed between his obviously welcoming an 'out' last year and today?

Or do you think he really didn't want to be traded last year?
He's unhappy in this outdated offense, and ownership isn't choosing a 70 year old relic over him.