Y'all Ready to Rumble ? 49ers and Ravens

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3nie81iy said:
The game showed that 9ers had pretty much figured out LJ. I'd argue similarly that teams had done that w/Kaep as far back as 2013.

But, like then, the Ravens have a money kicker--much as Phil Dawson used to be.

Everyone's giving Gould a pass on the missed 51-yd field goal, but chances are Dawson wouldn't have missed that in his day, chances are Justin Tucker wouldn't either.

Kickers are so underrated but they absolutely ice games between close teams. We have an OK one. The Niners have ATM two OK ones (though for cap hit purposes I'd go with the kid). No one has a Justin Tucker however, and that's who'll ice it in close playoff games.
I've been watching the NFL since 1964. Justin Tucker is the best K in the history of the league imo.

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":y68ku7m6 said:
Sports Hernia":y68ku7m6 said:
Stanley":y68ku7m6 said:
Contained a team dropping 30-40 points on everybody, 10am game, weather, had our opportunities. This game doesn’t bother me.

With a full squad, no reason 9ers shouldn’t win out.

Problem is the 49er finesse running game obviously needs perfect conditions.
Let me know when they start counting moral victories as actual wins.
Excuses are like cornholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

A few years ago we'd hear that under Carroll/Wilson, the Seahawks had a lead at some point in every game from 2012-mid 2016. No loss was more than one score too, IIRC. Why would I, a non Hawk fan know that? Because I've been around this board long enough to hear it! Plenty on .NET did it in those days.....losing to Harbaugh at Candlestick but Harbaugh could never ever score even 20 points of offense on Pete? Remember those too?

Niners are 10-2 with 6 points combined in two losses, while the other two loss teams this year are 20+.

Niners have been the definition of NFL's toughest out this season, no question about it. Outcomes of both losses in doubt until the final play in regulation/OT.

11 of 12, 13 of 15.

NINEster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":6w1vk5f3 said:
NINEster":6w1vk5f3 said:
Sports Hernia":6w1vk5f3 said:
Stanley":6w1vk5f3 said:
Contained a team dropping 30-40 points on everybody, 10am game, weather, had our opportunities. This game doesn’t bother me.

A few years ago we'd hear that under Carroll/Wilson, the Seahawks had a lead at some point in every game from 2012-mid 2016. No loss was more than one score too, IIRC. Why would I, a non Hawk fan know that? Because I've been around this board long enough to hear it! Plenty on .NET did it in those days.....losing to Harbaugh at Candlestick but Harbaugh could never ever score even 20 points of offense on Pete? Remember those too?

Niners are 10-2 with 6 points combined in two losses, while the other two loss teams this year are 20+.

Niners have been the definition of NFL's toughest out this season, no question about it. Outcomes of both losses in doubt until the final play in regulation/OT.
:177692: :34853_doh:
Cool story bro, now you can tell me the story of all of the old trophies your team won before you were born.

I have literally the perfect birth year/month for 49er history on a symbolic level -- September 1979. That's like a 12 being born in September 2012 (and not even, bc PC came in 2010). But you get the drift.

And in classic fashion, when there's no ability to rebut, it's "cool story, tell us about your old trophies".

Bottom line, we're all the f**** same. :2thumbs:

NINEster

Reaction score
Maulbert":2bw3tx2d said:
NINEster":2bw3tx2d said:
Sports Hernia":2bw3tx2d said:
Stanley":2bw3tx2d said:

11 of 12, 13 of 15.

You're more of a one trick pony than your rookie WR Metcalf.

I like it. :)

BTW, Wilson 1-1 against Mullens.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Kickers are just vastly different from the rest of NFL, taking far longer to develop especially when you're doing it out of the 10-percentage point margin that separates the OK from the great. When they do, they can be money for you for a decade or more. But when they fall off, it's usually very steep and teams let sentimentality get in the way.

Vinitieri is the best example of this--the Colts would be playoff contenders now if they'd heeded what Adam said in Week 2 and nudged him toward retirement then and getting someone like McLaughlin. It's what's going on with the Pats--their kicker is old and won't in 2020 come back to his former form. Dawson was near done when the 9ers let him go.

Unpopular opinion, but I've always believed it's to teams' favor to have a No. 2 kicker on their PS or if known on their 53 given said kickers' time of development. On any given Sunday, I can point to multiple people just taking a roster spot because they're a high-round developmental who no one thinks can yet fill a position of need that matters less.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":194wbbes said:
Kickers are just vastly different from the rest of NFL, taking far longer to develop especially when you're doing it out of the 10-percentage point margin that separates the OK from the great. When they do, they can be money for you for a decade or more. But when they fall off, it's usually very steep and teams let sentimentality get in the way.

Vinitieri is the best example of this--the Colts would be playoff contenders now if they'd heeded what Adam said in Week 2 and nudged him toward retirement then and getting someone like McLaughlin. It's what's going on with the Pats--their kicker is old and won't in 2020 come back to his former form. Dawson was near done when the 9ers let him go.

Unpopular opinion, but I've always believed it's to teams' favor to have a No. 2 kicker on their PS or if known on their 53 given said kickers' time of development. On any given Sunday, I can point to multiple people just taking a roster spot because they're a high-round developmental who no one thinks can yet fill a position of need that matters less.

Oh it is Tim Ruskell.

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":2iq3h10i said:
Maulbert":2iq3h10i said:
NINEster":2iq3h10i said:
Sports Hernia":2iq3h10i said:

11 of 12, 13 of 15.

You're more of a one trick pony than your rookie WR Metcalf.

I like it. :)

BTW, Wilson 1-1 against Mullens.

Just playing by your rules. Jimmy GQ, 0-1.

Marvin49

Reaction score
BoX916":3nqrlxp7 said:
rlkats":3nqrlxp7 said:
BoX916":3nqrlxp7 said:
Great game could went either way just like the hawks game.

Closer than I expected. Jackson scared the crap out me with the running.

Hate to say it he reminds me of Wilson lol

Nah...I don't think so.

Wilson is mobile and scary in his own right, but nobody moves like Lamar.

At the same time, even at this stage, Wilson was a better passer and now he's a FAR better passer. Greg Roman running that same damn offense that SF took t the SB with SF. Its the same one they ran at Stanford with Luck. Its all those TEs, that power running game, and Lamar is just a better runner than any previous QB in that scheme.

The passing game will have the same issues. Its simplistic. It works because of the heavy run and play action that gets guys wide open, just like it did for Kap.

SF moved away from it because they thought they needed him to be a pocket passer. The Ravens have embraced it completely. So much so that their Backup QB has the same skillset (not as good of course, just talking style).

Lamar scares the crap out of me. No question, but he is both better and worse than Wilson.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":3idqcica said:
Nobody risks their body as a QB like Lamar, either.

I wonder if there's a book in Vegas that would set odds on when Lamar gets injured from a run, lol.

Washington49er

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3b22365p said:
Marvin49":3b22365p said:
Nobody risks their body as a QB like Lamar, either.

I wonder if there's a book in Vegas that would set odds on when Lamar gets injured from a run, lol.

And when he gets hurt, Baltimore will be like "sorry sucks to be you".

Kids needs an agent that will have his back.