Y'all Ready to Rumble ? 49ers and Ravens

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":3e732vnp said:
I'm not convinced Lamar can consistently make plays in the passing game without his otherworldly threat to break off a 50 yard run. He and the Ravens are still only one blown tire away from being in trouble. I applaud them for going all in. Only organization to have the balls to do it so far.
Lamar has already taken a couple shots to the knees today. Someone at some point will decide it's worth the 15 yard penalty and take late shots on him
Bosa going up the middle lost his jock a couple of times.
They just showed one on the highlights. Jackson is due to break a long one. He’s averaging 7 yards per carry.

TreeRon

Reaction score
The O line is built fro run blocking. There is no hesitation when Jackson or Ingrahm get the ball, they hit the hole right now, with full confidence that the O line will get push.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":2uxtv759 said:
Sports Hernia":2uxtv759 said:
Baltimore got away from Jackson running there, should have had him run it on 3rd down.
The rain and wet ball is effecting medium to long passes.

That's all the Ravens have. They have Jackson and that's it. The read option 9/10 times he keeps. The guy is athletic and fast as hell.
Agree offensively, but That’s all they need though. He is THAT good of a runner.
They are playing for NOW, longevity be damned. Time will tell how durable the guy is.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3iwrl766 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3iwrl766 said:
Uncle Si":3iwrl766 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3iwrl766 said:
Looks like the league has told refs to protect Lamar as a passer anyway. That was a thigh high tackle and not very damned late.

But it was late, as was the other one.
Very close imo. You think Russ gets both of those?

They were close.

Russ gets his share
Agree

Disagree

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2qq9vfre said:
I'm not convinced Lamar can consistently make plays in the passing game without his otherworldly threat to break off a 50 yard run. He and the Ravens are still only one blown tire away from being in trouble. I applaud them for going all in. Only organization to have the balls to do it so far.
Lamar has already taken a couple shots to the knees today. Someone at some point will decide it's worth the 15 yard penalty and take late shots on him
His passing success will go down when teams learn how to contain him better. I expect that to be on display next year. His running is making his passing a LOT easier, and that won't last long-term.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":f4blyob9 said:
Uncle Si":f4blyob9 said:
hawksfansinceday1":f4blyob9 said:
Uncle Si":f4blyob9 said:
But it was late, as was the other one.

They were close.

Russ gets his share
Agree

Disagree

I'm not going to buy into this narrative about protecting Lamar because they want him to be MVP..

TreeRon

Reaction score
More likely they NFL wants an east coast star that will sell merchandise, tickets and get casual viewers that will tune in to see what all the fuss is about.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":dia3d97t said:
OrangeGravy":dia3d97t said:
His passing success will go down when teams learn how to contain him better. I expect that to be on display next year. His running is making his passing a LOT easier, and that won't last long-term.
Likely.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Just assume Jackson's always keeping the ball and pound his ash.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TreeRon":1t866q7b said:
More likely they NFL wants an east coast star that will sell merchandise, tickets and get casual viewers that will tune in to see what all the fuss is about.

Or..

He's a dynamic QB who frustrates defenders so they take shots at him

TreeRon

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1tr5ar9w said:
TreeRon":1tr5ar9w said:

Or..

He's a dynamic QB who frustrates defenders so they take shots at him

Haha that too !

TreeRon

Reaction score
He does often carry the ball like bagette. Problem is you gotta catch him to make him pay.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":i07y8cys said:
hawksfansinceday1":i07y8cys said:
Uncle Si":i07y8cys said:
hawksfansinceday1":i07y8cys said:

They were close.

Russ gets his share
Agree

Disagree

I'm not going to buy into this narrative about protecting Lamar because they want him to be MVP..
Not my intention. Some QBs get different officiating than others. Ask Cam Newton.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Gotta give it to Jimmy G on that play, doing his best backyard Russ impression.

Fumble by Lamar was rough. They were heading towards a 10 point lead.

Neither team stopping the other's run game.