Yo Husky fans, just a reminder...

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
dogorama":1f737rf2 said:
The fact that you cannot separate humor from fact comes as no surprise, and it just further illustrates how when confronted w/the facts of their unethical program, a duck will always try to deflect by changing the subject or otherwise by just posting falsehoods. :0190l:

Truthfully, as long as they're not out there raping or beating women, or killing people, I couldnt care less about them being ethical or not. I'm 100% fine and content with the role that Phil Knight plays in Eugene.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
dogorama":4za29zup said:
JSeahawks":4za29zup said:
Truthfully, as long as they're not out there raping or beating women, or killing people, I couldnt care less about them being ethical or not.

And there it is.

Mission complete.

- dogo out.

Thats all it took to get rid of you? Shoot, i could have told you that 50 posts ago!

chris98251

Reaction score
Well look at it this way J, starting this year (hopefully) you get to get to gobble the stuff up at the bottom of the pond again. :)

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":26io1tpv said:
Well look at it this way J, starting this year (hopefully) you get to get to gobble the stuff up at the bottom of the pond again. :)

Might take some lumps this season, but we'll be back better then ever in a couple years.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
dogorama":1li04epq said:
Seahawks1983":1li04epq said:
Boosters get college coaches fired all time. This is hardly exclusive to Oregon.

Area code 509 = coug.

...and therein lies the "envy."

'nuff said.

Keep swinging, sport.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
GeekHawk":198gzgep said:
When Huskies tell people how successful and rich they are, we mean our personal selves due to the superior education. Not the football program, because our rich and successful alumni don't make their riches off the backs of child labor overseas making stupid-looking shoes, and don't contribute zillions of dollars to the athletic program.
:roll:

Keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2lkxqmem said:
chris98251":2lkxqmem said:

Might take some lumps this season, but we'll be back better then ever in a couple years.

You guys are going to hire a coach that's just as good or better than Chip Kelly? Wow, that's a bold statement. ;)

dogorama

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2u35w3a7 said:
dogorama":2u35w3a7 said:
You duckies should go over to your board at eDuck, they have a whole thread celebrating the Seahawks OTA penalties.

http://www.scout.com/college/oregon/for ... ason-rules

They say PC is a perennial cheater.

Educk sucks. Duckterritory on 247 is where it's at.

I've never been there but you are correct as regards eDuck, however, it isn't as bad as dawgman, the veritable flagship of internet blather.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
dogorama":b82li3ym said:
JSeahawks":b82li3ym said:
dogorama":b82li3ym said:
You duckies should go over to your board at eDuck, they have a whole thread celebrating the Seahawks OTA penalties.

I've never been there but you are correct as regards eDuck, however, it isn't as bad as dawgman, the veritable flagship of internet blather.

I used to read dawg man just for the laughs. Back when the whole NCAA investigation was going on. They had more hate for the ducks and for chip Kelly specifically then anything I've ever seen. One poster especially, by the name of chipocrit. There were some epic anti chip Kelly and duck threads back then, it was hilarious.

It's a shame there's not a better husky forum out there. I read real dawg just because I'm a 247 member. Ruth gets some good info, but it's so hard to figure out what's true and what's her dillusionals, because she's bat shit crazy.

Is there an actual good, reliable husky forum these days?

dogorama

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1u9paq4u said:
dogorama":1u9paq4u said:
JSeahawks":1u9paq4u said:
dogorama":1u9paq4u said:

I used to read dawg man just for the laughs. Back when the whole NCAA investigation was going on. They had more hate for the ducks and for chip Kelly specifically then anything I've ever seen. One poster especially, by the name of chipocrit. There were some epic anti chip Kelly and duck threads back then, it was hilarious.

It's a shame there's not a better husky forum out there. I read real dawg just because I'm a 247 member. Ruth gets some good info, but it's so hard to figure out what's true and what's her dillusionals, because she's bat shit crazy.

Is there an actual good, reliable husky forum these days?

My Husky forum is centered around a group of Husky fans and former players that congregate at a certain unnamed restaurant owned by a former Husky player. But to answer your question, not that I know of, the dweebs at dawgman are led by a megalomaniac that never went to UW , never played football, and has a completely delusional, grandiose view of himself. The unfortunate part is that it was pretty cool when it was led by Dave Samek AKA "dawgman." As for Ruth, LOL, that's just certifiable.

You know my feelings re Phil Knight, but I admire Kelly and his innovation. I have also really enjoyed many duck players and follow their pro careers. Yes, there are many duck-obsessed Husky fans but even more Husky-obsessed duck fans. In fact, if you go over to eDuck you will see many posters w/Husky references in their usernames, e.g., "huckthefuskies," "huskyfreeNW," etc. You would think that we had taught the ducks something about arrogance but even after 12-straight wins it still comes off as inferiority complex.

dogorama

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2mimg64n said:
JSeahawks":2mimg64n said:
chris98251":2mimg64n said:

You guys are going to hire a coach that's just as good or better than Chip Kelly? Wow, that's a bold statement. ;)

Maybe not as good as Chip but rumor has it that there are certain individuals formulating a strategy as we speak.

This is a defining moment in the duck program, it hasn't hit anywhere near freefall but it is starting to spiral downwards. There is such pressure to win at Oregon that the current coaching staff has went so far as to go to smaller schools and recruit quarterbacks and other players w/remaining eligibility to play out their eligibility at Oregon. While there is nothing against the rules if they have graduated, it does create dissenion within the ranks of current players. How would you feel if you were part of a group of duck QB's awaiting their turn and none of you were given a shot? It is coach/recruit etiquette 101, you simply don't do that.

If I were a player's high school coach or parent of a hot prospect, I would look at what Oregon is up to and advise that player to look elsewhere. IIRC, some players have already pulled their commits, is it because of this? I have no way of knowing. The fact remains that Oregon's ability to attract top recruits has declined and their draft rankings relect that. In the current climate of college football you need to have top-15 recruiting classes year-in year-out or you will not vie for playoff status. That much is certain.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
dogorama":ct6rxcoc said:
JSeahawks":ct6rxcoc said:
dogorama":ct6rxcoc said:
You know my feelings re Phil Knight, but I admire Kelly and his innovation. I have also really enjoyed many duck players and follow their pro careers. Yes, there are many duck-obsessed Husky fans but even more Husky-obsessed duck fans. In fact, if you go over to eDuck you will see many posters w/Husky references in their usernames, e.g., "huckthefuskies," "huskyfreeNW," etc. You would think that we had taught the ducks something about arrogance but even after 12-straight wins it still comes off as inferiority complex.

Yea, my only husky "hate" is in the rivalry sense. I actually root for them most of the time, unless they're playing the ducks or beavs,or in cases where the huskies losing would be edit the ducks in the standings.

I'm glad the huskies are back in the top 10. If the ducks can get back there and the huskies can stay there it would make the rivalry epic. We've never both been really good at the same time very often.

dogorama

Reaction score
JSeahawks":261hniue said:
dogorama":261hniue said:
JSeahawks":261hniue said:
dogorama":261hniue said:

Yea, my only husky "hate" is in the rivalry sense. I actually root for them most of the time, unless they're playing the ducks or beavs,or in cases where the huskies losing would be edit the ducks in the standings.

I'm glad the huskies are back in the top 10. If the ducks can get back there and the huskies can stay there it would make the rivalry epic. We've never both been really good at the same time very often.

IIRC, the ducks were one of our toughest, if not toughest, wins in the 1991 NC season. Did they end up top-10 that year?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
dogorama":2i1f7qrl said:
This is a defining moment in the duck program, it hasn't hit anywhere near freefall but it is starting to spiral downwards. There is such pressure to win at Oregon that the current coaching staff has went so far as to go to smaller schools and recruit quarterbacks and other players w/remaining eligibility to play out their eligibility at Oregon. While there is nothing against the rules if they have graduated, it does create dissenion within the ranks of current players. How would you feel if you were part of a group of duck QB's awaiting their turn and none of you were givea shot? It is coach/recruit etiquette 101, you simply don't do that.

If I were a player's high school coach or parent of a hot prospect, I would look at what Oregon is up to and advise that player to look elsewhere. IIRC, some players have already pulled their commits, is it because of this? I have no way of knowing. The fact remains that Oregon's ability to attract top recruits has declined and their draft rankings relect that. In the current climate of college football you need to have top-15 recruiting classes year-in year-out or you will not vie for playoff status. That much is certain.

Man, I don't even know where to start. You think players would have rather lost games with Jeff lockie then won games with Vernon Adams? I seriously doubt there was any dissension in that locker room because of bringing in a better qb.

I'm sure the duck coaches would rather not have to bring in one year rental qbs, but they had a lot of attrition at the position which forced their hand. Some recruited qbs got injured, some left the program cuz they couldn't beat out mariota, some it turned out just weren't good enough to compete at this level so transferred out. It happens at every school at the qb position (for example: cyler miles, Troy Williams, nick Montana.... And yes, Uw brought in a junior college qb to bolster depth as well).

The good news is that the 1 and done qbs are now over and it hasn't negatively effected qb recruiting in the slightest as you suggested. We now have a pipeline, 3 young studs on the roster and already a commited stud for next years recruiting class.

As for recruiting rankings, oregon is never going to pull in top 15 classes. It's geographically impossible. i think we've ceiling'd out at #13. We're usually somewhere in the 15-25 range,yet that's been good enough to reach the playoffs (win a playoff game) and a bcs championship. It's about finding the right recruits for Oregon, it's not about finding a top 10 class.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2aicf93w said:
dogorama":2aicf93w said:
JSeahawks":2aicf93w said:
dogorama":2aicf93w said:

2000 season is the only one I recall. I believe both Washington and Oregon finished top 10, maybe top 5. Oregon State was even in there as well...UW lost to Oregon, Oregon lost to Oregon State, and Oregon State lost to UW.